News Bob Iger is back! Chapek is out!!

MerlinTheGoat

As interested as I am to know the story behind all of this, I highly doubt this will have a positive impact for the fans/customers. I see no reason to celebrate. I don't see any reason to think that Iger would have run the company any differently than Chapek over the past couple of years. He jumped ship like a rat JUST before Covid started really affecting the company, leaving Chapek to deal with the mess.

Chapek is a bad leader, but he's really just a bland continuation of Iger's policies. The only substantial difference I noticed is that Chapek blurted out his intent to price gouge customers publicly like a brainless dolt. Iger at least had the sense to keep his trap shut while doing the same thing.

MrPromey

Why? Genie+ is the culmination of every single step Iger took with the parks. Blue water strategy. Orlando the mature market. Billions in convoluted systems to avoid actually increasing capacity. Genie+ is Iger's supreme achievement, the manifestation of his mindset.

People are acting like Eisner is back.

My point of optimism is that Iger will be back in 100% full legacy mode.

I don't expect a lot of wrongs to be undone (at least when it comes to the parks) but my hope is that this is where continued wrongs stop.

fgmnt

My point of optimism is that Iger will be back in 100% full legacy mode.

I don't expect a lot of wrongs to be undone (at least when it comes to the parks) but my hope is that this is where continued wrongs stop.
This is a pretty acceptable rationalization. I do not think it will be correct, because the open contempt with which the company treats the parks and their customers was fostered by Iger, but maybe he will see his legacy threatened and his ego will override it all.

Vegas Disney Fan

So I hope this means the EPCOT tabletop is coming back and construction in the middle of the park will be extended by a year or three. Because that would be very bad but very funny.
Someone mentioned this on a livestream but with steel already in the air I can’t imagine it happening. I was never a fan of the tabletop so maybe I’m just hoping it’s too late for it to come back.

Just reread and noticed the year or three… lol.

TwilightZone

1669005662502.png

_caleb

I‘m with @MrPromey in thinking that Iger is coming back in legacy mode thinking about the big picture and what he wants to be remembered for. I’m hoping he’ll try to cast himself as a creative genius by bringing WDI back from wherever they were banished to, greenlighting some creative stuff on Disney+, and maybe doing a Walt Disney Presents…-style streaming show.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom