News Bob Iger is back! Chapek is out!!

StarWarsGirl

🫢😳😱

A part of me is thinking “Wait is this an elaborate prank? Really?!” Not because I like or dislike Chapek (kinda neutral on him) but wow how fast and without warning!
I saw it pop up on my FB news feed and was not sure it wasn't fake until I saw multiple sources, including CNN, reporting it.

Nevertheless, there is currently a major celebration happening at my house right now...

lazyboy97o

Why? Genie+ is the culmination of every single step Iger took with the parks. Blue water strategy. Orlando the mature market. Billions in convoluted systems to avoid actually increasing capacity. Genie+ is Iger's supreme achievement, the manifestation of his mindset.

People are acting like Eisner is back.
I believe the earliest announcements of Genie were made during Iger’s first tenure.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Dear Fellow Employees and Cast Members,

It is with an incredible sense of gratitude and humility—and, I must admit, a bit of amazement—that I write to you this evening with the news that I am returning to The Walt Disney Company as Chief Executive Officer.

When I look at the creative success of our teams across our Studios, Disney General Entertainment, ESPN and International, the rapid growth of our streaming services, the phenomenal reimagining and rebound of our Parks, the continued great work of ABC News, and so many other achievements across our businesses, I am in awe of your accomplishments and I am excited to embark with you on many new endeavors.

I know this company has asked so much of you during the past three years, and these times certainly remain quite challenging, but as you have heard me say before, I am an optimist, and if I learned one thing from my years at Disney, it is that even in the face of uncertainty—perhaps especially in the face of uncertainty—our employees and Cast Members achieve the impossible.

You will be hearing more from me and your leaders tomorrow and in the weeks ahead. In the meantime, allow me to express my deep gratitude for all that you do. Disney holds a special place in the hearts of people around the globe thanks to you, and your dedication to this company and its mission to bring joy to people through great storytelling is an inspiration to me every single day

Bob Iger

durangojim

Here’s the scene outside of Star Tours right now
20919859-432A-4D9D-9575-357DCC7400D3.gif

It’s a Life Day Miracle!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom