News Bob Iger is back! Chapek is out!!

Grumpy4196

I have to imagine Chapek himself decided to step down and the board decided to bring back Iger as quickly as they could. No chance that all this happened in just one weekend.
Official press release says he "stepped down". Now as to whether Chapek went to the board or the board pushed him out is the question.

Heppenheimer

They should have some content for kids throughout the year.
As the father of a 4 and 1 year old, can they please just bring back Mickey Mouse Clubhouse? Mickey Mouse Funhouse was a complete dud, but the formula for Clubhouse has this almost magic appeal to them... My wife in particular needs something new to playing in the background to help her sanity.

Some new episodes of The Wonderful World of Mickey Mouse would be nice too.

Yes, I need things to distract my kids...

SpectreJordan

As the father of a 4 and 1 year old, can they please just bring back Mickey Mouse Clubhouse? Mickey Mouse Funhouse was a complete dud, but the formula for Clubhouse has this almost magic appeal to them... My wife in particular needs something new to playing in the background to help her sanity.

Some new episodes of The Wonderful World of Mickey Mouse would be nice too.

Yes, I need things to distract my kids...
That would be an actual wise use of their money. Wonderful World is still ongoing at least, they just released a Fall special.

pdude81

I agree they used the wrong set of movies. Shouldhave stuck with the classics for sure. RISE would be tougher to retheme tho right? MfSR should be an easier fix? What about expanding the land cant it hold another ride or 2 and i dont know maybe take away Muppets and make that entire area SW by adding another proper ride/attraction and give Muppets the love they deserve elsewhere? Spitballing out loud here.

First order officers become imperial officers, uniform change. Stormtroopers are stormtroopers. Kylo Ren to Darth Vader. Hux to Tarkin. Finn to Han or Luke. Mostly reskinning AAs. It's as if the ride was designed for a Tattooine land and they decided to make some else up instead.

Ismael Flores

Because Iger is more respected in the Industry. He did have some ideas that were unfavorable with fans but he I known by everyone in the entertainment Industry is respected and loved. Wal street also see him as one of the best CEO.

News of his return automatically saw response from Wallstreet, upper level management in corporations worldwide and from talent in the Industry.

I was in Austria this morning and his coming back made the news and seemed like the media saw Chapek leaving as huge step with Iger returning.

Ok I know I’m not the smartest, so someone explain this to me like I’m 8.

I get firing Chapek, that makes sense.

Why bring back they guy who started all these problems ?

jpeden

In the Parks
No
@wdwmagic to your point earlier about park reservations and LL (and please correct me if I'm wrong) - it is my understanding that Iger was obsessed with results from Guest Satisfaction Surveys from the Parks and Resorts. If those items are really driving negative scores, wouldn't it seem that they might be up for at least modification if not removal? Just a thought.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Where has that been established? What official source explicitly said the Netflix shows are not from the same universe as the main saga?
Charlie and Vince were saying in interviews that their characters were the same, but then had to change their tune and say "it's up to Kevin."

Sounds multiversal to me.

But SHIELD and Mutants are in the same boat. SHIELD's story now seems incompatible with the MCU. Feige doesn't want what was once "Marvel TV" to touch the MCU.

pdude81

Not only that but Iger pressed the gas and jumped out of the car.

Still, I get the optimism. I think there’s a misunderstanding at how slowly changes typically take place from planning to implementation. All the recent unpopular changes at implementation saw Chapek at the helm. It’s natural to want to attribute those to Chapek. I think Disney could have put just about anyone in Chapeks place and people would be happy. I think people miss the early years of Iger which was cleaning up the late years of Eisner.

Iger reduced some in park entertainment, raised prices a lot, and (potentially unpopular opinions) a just ok expansion of TSL and GE lands. They’re immersive but have only two attractions each. One of the four breaks down frequently. TSL lacks shade and food options. Still a net positive for capacity reasons but it could have and should have been more. There’s so much content to draw from in those worlds.

I think Disney needs some fresh eyes as CEO but Chapek wasn’t it. Iger is both a step forward and backwards. Let’s hope his next pick as CEO in waiting is better than his last.
These Bobs are so entertaining. Two steps forward, two steps back.
paula abdul 90s GIF

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
@wdwmagic to your point earlier about park reservations and LL (and please correct me if I'm wrong) - it is my understanding that Iger was obsessed with results from Guest Satisfaction Surveys from the Parks and Resorts. If those items are really driving negative scores, wouldn't it seem that they might be up for at least modification if not removal? Just a thought.
The parks are heavily focussed on more revenue from less guests - of which Genie, reservations and LL are a key part. It will be difficult to change direction on that for at least several years. Will be interesting to see. I do expect Iger to do things in a more guest friendly way, but end result will likely be the same.

Midlife Mouse

Regardless of their respective policies and the undeniable difference in perception of the two men, even if their policies are identical, the execution of them will look different under Iger. Chapek dug his own grave through micromanagement. He refused to let division heads actually lead their divisions and consolidated power within a small group of himself and his top lieutenants. Succeed or fail, it was all going to come down on him.

I expect Kareem Daniel and others will be out within the next few days.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom