News Bob Iger is back! Chapek is out!!

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yeah, I was mostly joking. In DisneyWar it was clear he got a raw deal, but I've also read The Men Who Would Be King (about the formation, rise and fall of DreamWorks), so I've seen what he can do on his own (plus there's the more contemporary example of Quibi). But I do think that if he were the Wells in the right pairing, that might work. But that's a big might.
Katzenberg had the rep of at least being able to delegate…something early Eisner was good at as well.

The problem at Disney is they really have no talent. Bob isn’t creative…he’s a studio guy…and there’s really nobody to trust to come up with material.

It’s how idiots like Kiri hart are allowed to derail lucrative franchises…because they aren’t qualified to handle them.

Last edited:

MR.Dis

One thing that should be demanded by who ever is picked to take over--Bob Iger needs to completely leave the premises. No honorary office, not even a small cubicle. All privileges gone. If it satisfies his ego, make a statute in his honor--say just outside one of the restrooms in one of the parks.

Lilofan

Just saw where Sheryl Sandberg is leaving META. At one point she was highly thought to be in the running to take over Disney, but her fortunes have changed drastically.
She sold off her Meta stock in 2022 - $1.8 billion. She's resilient especially after her first husband an accomplished exec of Survey Monkey died while falling off a treadmill in a hotel resort gym during a family vacation.

Last edited:

MR.Dis

She sold off her Meta stock in 2022 - $1.8 billion. She's resilient especially after her first husband an accomplished exec of Survey Monkey died while falling off a treadmill in a hotel resort gym during a family vacation.
I was not talking about personal wealth, but that her status as an executive has been tarnished. Not going into rumors and innuendo.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Just saw where Sheryl Sandberg is leaving META. At one point she was highly thought to be in the running to take over Disney, but her fortunes have changed drastically.

Execs are very good at reinventing themselves and many critics have the attention span of less than a goldfish - 8 seconds.
She said some crazy @$$ bleep not too long ago…

Elon gets away with being a kook because he happens to be like the richest dude…ever…

Lilofan

Oh…Nelly is getting surly…

He better not stop by a park and get a Mickey bar…Bob left stand orders to have a few made with antifreeze subbed for the milk
That kind of diet is right up 93 years young Warren Buffett lifestyle alley of eating fast food and dairy queen on a regular basis. His take on that is he eats like a 6 year old kid which he says has the lowest death rates.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom