Bob Iger at WDW now ... BoD to Follow?

WDW1974

Original Poster
The 'Dear Leader' of The Walt Disney Company, Robert A. Iger has spent the weekend sunning and funning (OK, I'm making that part up) in the swamps, apparently sans Willow.

I believe he is holed up inside the Grand Flo (his usual choice) and taking part in important meetings (over things like the next six special cupcakes to be offered at WDW? Or the reaction to excrement-themed dessert items. Who knows?)

So, watch every Lifestyler run and hide and stay far, far away from him (update: the Epcot Explorer is pontificating about the wonders of EPCOT yet again on one of his patented three-day visits ... while Lifestyler to the Stars, and my pal, Tom Bricker is back in Tokyo, yes, again!, after stopping off at Aulani. Yes, again!)

More importantly, word is coming down that the BoD will be at WDW Tuesday for a meeting. No, I don't have the subject or itinerary. But anyone with it can feel free to forward it to me. If they follow form, then they'll be hiding in plain sight and meeting at the BW with likely a chunk of a floor closed off.

No, I'm not expecting any pictures.

I placed it here because it would be buried in my thread with 23 pages of people ripping the top two films at the box office right now because they aren't from Marvel or Lucas!

EDIT: Just to confirm the BoD is indeed meeting at WDW. Top on the agenda is approving the financial outlay for the DHS rebuilding and rebranding.

Last edited:

MonorailLover

The 'Dear Leader' of The Walt Disney Company, Robert A. Iger has spent the weekend sunning and funning (OK, I'm making that part up) in the swamps, apparently sans Willow.

I believe he is holed up inside the Grand Flo (his usual choice) and taking part in important meetings (over things like the next six special cupcakes to be offered at WDW? Or the reaction to excrement-themed dessert items. Who knows?)

So, watch every Lifestyler run and hide and stay far, far away from him (update: the Epcot Explorer is pontificating about the wonders of EPCOT yet again on one of his patented three-day visits ... while Lifestyler to the Stars, and my pal, Tom Bricker is back in Tokyo, yes, again!, after stopping off at Aulani. Yes, again!)

More importantly, word is coming down that the BoD will be at WDW Tuesday for a meeting. No, I don't have the subject or itinerary. But anyone with it can feel free to forward it to me. If they follow form, then they'll be hiding in plain sight and meeting at the BW with likely a chunk of a floor closed off.

I placed it here because it would be buried in my thread with 23 pages of people ripping the top two films at the box office right now because they aren't from Marvel or Lucas!

I see a few new cupcake flavours in our future!!!

PhotoDave219

I would love the agenda for this meeting. I'd love to be a fly on the wall.

asianway

Only you can prevent EE from gaining cred. The kid is an idiot

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
It's too much to hope that they're selling the parks to OLC (or any company actually interested in running theme parks) right?
My god. For just a moment, the old Pixie Duster in me sparked back to life in abhoration of such a notion...
Then I realized that I've known for years that that'd be best for theme park enthusiasts.

Last edited:

ThemeParkJunkee

Thanks for the info Mr. Spirit. I thought Iger didn't visit the resorts unless his picture was going to be plastered all over the WSJ touting something new and fabulous. Hmmm....

Some random Pandora publicity perhaps?

Mike S

interesting.gif

Sonconato

Too bad he won't step OUT of the Grand Floridian to see the condition of the Parks. I just came back from MK an hour ago, where I was evacuated out of ghetto Buzz after a fifteen minute wait in the first room, not to mention that Space Mountain also was evacuated today (or so I heard from a knowledgeable guest). Not even a busy night, and many of the trash cans were filled up to the top. I go to the parks at least twice a week and my Magic Band works 5% of the time, at best, to get me into the Park. This isn't the pre-2005 Disney that I moved here for.
IMG_2275.JPG

At least I got this out of my visit yesterday.

Pirate665

Welcome to Iger-land... Where the Bottom Line Comes True.

"When you wish upon a dollar..."

Seriously though, in 2005 when I first met him I was unimpressed. He asked all these insincere questions about our department. I'm glad I got to be part of Disney before him, cause the one after has been a nightmare.

When our benefits got cut, it caused a huge dent in my daughters life cause I had to cover myself her braces. It was so expensive. Nightmare. Before all her appointments cost me only 25 dollar copay. After the cut, her braces went covered and I had to fork it out.

My raises were generous, but spaced in weird intervals. And it always seemed when I had to do performance reviews they wanted me to focus on the bad things instead of the accomplishments.

The real deal breaker near the end came when they moved me to California but did not give me relocation adjustment to my pay. Is it wrong of me to kinda reveal these things, maybe but I've been needing to say these things and no one but a few of you know who I am.

AEfx

Seriously though, in 2005 when I first met him I was unimpressed. He asked all these insincere questions about our department. I'm glad I got to be part of Disney before him, cause the one after has been a nightmare.

Like any CEO of a company really would - but at least he asked and spoke to you, unlike those that just shake your hand and keep walking, or don't bother trying at all. Let's face it - the guy is not Mr. Personality.

When our benefits got cut, it caused a huge dent in my daughters life cause I had to cover myself her braces. It was so expensive. Nightmare. Before all her appointments cost me only 25 dollar copay. After the cut, her braces went covered and I had to fork it out.

Join everyone elses club, man, LOL. People are lucky to get dental even offered, and braces? Wow, that was one amazing insurance. Sucks that you lost it - but man, value the time that you did get it.

My raises were generous, but spaced in weird intervals. And it always seemed when I had to do performance reviews they wanted me to focus on the bad things instead of the accomplishments.

You are the first person I have heard in a very, very long time to describe their raises as "generous". You were one lucky guy. And performance reviews - yup, they are all about improving performance, which means finding your weaknesses. Not report cards where you are looking to get all A's.

Sorry, but it sounds like you had it pretty darn good, and certainly much better than most working Americans. But I'm sure Darth Iger folks will eat this up and use it to increase his Dark Side power.

Pirate665

Sorry, but it sounds like you had it pretty darn good, and certainly much better than most working Americans. But I'm sure Darth Iger folks will eat this up and use it to increase his Dark Side power.
I did. But I worked hard at it. My first 7 years, I never even took a sick day. I earned every ounce of what I got there. Every ounce. And I considered the raises generous as I never expected them to come at all unless forced.

Magenta Panther

Part of me thinks that's Photoshopped, but part of me is scared that it's not.

I like to look at it and imagine that Mickey's lifted his leg to kick Iger's butt. :p

Hey, Bob, take a ride on Everest and see if YOU can spot the Yeti. The one that's not moving. That's been broken for years. While you're there, see if you can also find any sense of shame. Since you seem to be lacking in that department. :rolleyes:

WDW1974

Original Poster
Only you can prevent EE from gaining cred. The kid is an idiot

Don't be too hard on him. I know him. I think he's a good kid. I also think his Twit Fame has sorta gone to his head and has grown said head. That's the danger of the Internet. It's great for his ego that he has 14,000 people following his Tweets (half as many as the official Avatar page!), but do they know who they are really following and what his background is? I'm quote sure that 99% do not.

I often argue this with my younger friends, but it's all well and good to be well read and understand history from books and company docs you buy on eBay or at flea markets ... and it's a completely different matter to have lived said history.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom