Bob Iger at WDW now ... BoD to Follow?

GiveMeTheMusic

Does the DL Disney Parks bag have Sleeping Beauty castle on it?

The bag used at WDW has Sleeping Beauty Castle on one side and Cinderella Castle on the other, both marked "Disney Parks." This bag was in use at DLR as well until May 2015, when it was replaced with a Disneyland Diamond Celebration bag. All paper goods and bags at DLR have become resort specific as of May, dumping the stupid Disney Parks branding in favor of Disneyland 60.

IMFearless

I'm all for water features. I just feel Echo Lake is forced were as a lot of the water features at the other parks feel more natural.

Echo lake is forced... It is part of a giant hidden Mickey which can only be seen from the air.

Not so easy to spot now but it was clear as day when MGM opened.

flynnibus

Premium Member
How much money do you have and how soon can you build it.

So you'd rip out all of WDW and make it into Walt's Endor World? Or how big should Annie's scrapper pod race be? Or how long should the flying over Naboo with Jar Jar ride be?

Oh wait, it's not that simple??

Isn't it funny how just winning the lottery and having a lot of money ISN'T good enough to be successful?? shocking one might say..

Disneyhead'71

True. And they likely spent considerable time negotiating for certain IP's plus the time to blue sky once they were acquired. Then develop the concepts. Then Shanghai happened. I guess we could say Imagineering got shanghai'ed for a few years. So now, finally, when the time was right, WDW will get some investment. Which is well justified in every way. Patience is rewarded.
Who's being patient? I am spending my money where people are investing.

Investing will be rewarded.

SYRIK2000

So you'd rip out all of WDW and make it into Walt's Endor World? Or how big should Annie's scrapper pod race be? Or how long should the flying over Naboo with Jar Jar ride be?

Isn't it funny how just winning the lottery and having a lot of money ISN'T good enough to be successful?? shocking one might say..

I'm willing to try it.

PhotoDave219

Well the good news is that none of that is happening, I think.

The plans were at the head of WDI for review a couple of weeks back and those are the plans that were presented to the board this week.

From what I am able to figure out from everybody hinting at things… So take this with a grain of salt… it looks like it's going to be a multi phase makeover of the park. It looks like the only parts that will not be touched our Hollywood and Sunset Boulevards, which let's face it that's where most of the attractions are right now.

It looks like Pixar will come first. It looks like Star Wars will be a phase 2.

I've also heard that some backstage areas will now become onstage areas and some current onstage areas will be backstage by the time all is said and done.

That all this is inference and supposition on my part. I could be off base but I don't think I am. I don't have specifics, I don't have budgets, I don't have details beyond what I'm putting out. And that is an overall picture that I'm trying to paint here…

The big picture? Disney is finally doing something.

stretchsje

It is part of a giant hidden Mickey which can only be seen from the air.

Not so easy to spot now but it was clear as day when MGM opened.
FWIW:
echo_lake_002.jpg

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour

The plans were at the head of WDI for review a couple of weeks back and those are the plans that were presented to the board this week.

From what I am able to figure out from everybody hinting at things… So take this with a grain of salt… it looks like it's going to be a multi phase makeover of the park. It looks like the only parts that will not be touched our Hollywood and Sunset Boulevards, which let's face it that's where most of the attractions are right now.

I've also heard that some backstage areas will now become onstage areas and some current onstage areas will be backstage by the time all is said and done.

That all this is inference and supposition on my part. I could be off base but I don't think I am. I don't have specifics, I don't have budgets, I don't have details beyond what I'm putting out. And that is an overall picture that I'm trying to paint here…

You are a wizard with puzzles I am sure....

*1023*

dizneycrazy09

Are we still looking at a 2020/2021 completion date? Any word on how long Pixar -phase 1 will take?

asianway

Considering ST II didn't move any needles I continue to be skeptical Star Wars will provide a Potter level lift to the Studios. Sorry Dave...

flynnibus

Premium Member
Considering ST II didn't move any needles I continue to be skeptical Star Wars will provide a Potter level lift to the Studios. Sorry Dave...

I'm more optimistic... but it's going to take a rebuilding greater than DCA v2 IMO to turn the thing around. They haven't done enough to make me blindly believe they will go that far. A mini-land and some attractions isn't enough -- this place has a serious identity crisis and needs to address its overall attraction makeup. Yet, unlike many, its actually one of my favorite places to go (for key attractions). But I know it needs a reboot. DMGM is long dead.

MerlinTheGoat

I hope whatever they have planned for the Pixar expansion is at least considerably more substantial and ambitious than, say, another clone of the Toy Story Playland carnival nonsense. Even if "Pixar Land" isn't going to be as big as the Star Wars plans, i'll still be VERY disappointed if all we're getting for "Phase 1" is THIS garbage-
DSC03801.jpg~original

Though I also wouldn't be surprised. Given the lack of talk recently as well as possible rumors pointing away from the possibility, i'm going to assume Cars Land is off the table at this point. One hopes we at least get some decent dark rides, I don't know if it's too much to expect an E ticket out of this...

Last edited:

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour

Florida has 6 simulator bays as opposed to California's 4. The queuing differences (time wise) in Florida and California are reflections of that as Florida has 80 more people worth of capacity every 4.5 minutes. I can tell you that the change to ST2 cranked up the wait times in California. (*snark*) Maybe the east coast doesn't like Star Wars? (/*snark*) The lineup on that side of the park will drive attendance. Just like the TSPL carney stuff will...

*1023*

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom