Bob Iger at WDW now ... BoD to Follow?

PhotoDave219

and the last remaining white Rhinos have to be protected with 5 armed guards 24/7.

All because some dbag in India/Asia thinks the horn as some "magical properties". or in the west.. because being rich is about "having things at all costs even if they disappear forever tomorrow".

EXCUSE ME.. I rank cats above people.

also, your comment fails to also mention Rhinos and Pandas.

Pandas are cuddly. Rhinos are awesome. People just suck.

Sonconato

You know, I'm Italian. And movies and television are full of slang and stereotypes and vulgar names for us pasta lovers. But it doesn't get me upset. Sometimes I think we are just too oversensitive and politically correct for our own good!
I'm Italian, too. I crack up at most Italian stereotypes. What bugs me is when people believe the stereotypes are true. It's like ... are you kidding me? You just assume I have mafia ties? I mean, I do, but you shouldn't assume!
Fellow Italian agrees.

jt04

You know, I'm Italian. And movies and television are full of slang and stereotypes and vulgar names for us pasta lovers. But it doesn't get me upset. Sometimes I think we are just too oversensitive and politically correct for our own good!

See though, those depictions did not emerge concurrent with profound human suffering. That is a very important difference people need to consider.

jt04

The Italian immigrants did suffer on the East Coast. It just wasn't as apparently obvious or as easily publicized.

Yes, as did most groups to one degree or another. However this can't be compared to slavery or the plight of native americans though. IMO.

Cosmic Commando

No, but people can find offense in anything..

Snow White = Mocks Dwarves, laughs at them
Pinocchio = Makes fun of adoptive children, shows that they are potentially outcasts that join a 'bad crowd'
Sleeping Beauty = Witchcraft, Devil worship, etc
Bambi = Anti hunting messages, etc..

To be clear, I don't view ANY of these as legit.. I'm just saying, people will complain about anything.
I'll admit that I do get a kick out of reading outrageous complaints. They're funny unless they catch on and become a "thing"... then they're awful. A few that I can recall from Inside Out & Lava:

- The male volcano should have just been happy alone; he shouldn't need anyone else to be happy
- The female volcano was too young for the male volcano. "It’s sad when Hollywood’s bias against older actresses extends to magma."
- Riley's family moved into a vibrant urban neighborhood; she shouldn't have been sad.

Matt_Black

I'll admit that I do get a kick out of reading outrageous complaints. They're funny unless they catch on and become a "thing"... then they're awful. A few that I can recall from Inside Out & Lava:

- The male volcano should have just been happy alone; he shouldn't need anyone else to be happy
- The female volcano was too young for the male volcano. "It’s sad when Hollywood’s bias against older actresses extends to magma."
- Riley's family moved into a vibrant urban neighborhood; she shouldn't have been sad.

"Joy is tall & white, while Sadness is short and dark-colored; what is Pixar trying to say here?"

Cosmic Commando

"Joy is tall & white, while Sadness is short and dark-colored; what is Pixar trying to say here?"
Oh, and I also saw someone interpret the fact that Riley has "male" and "female" emotions as a sign of gender fluidity, and then take it as a slight against the LGBT movement that everyone else we saw only had emotions of the same sex. I'd like to think some of these people were joking, and just have a really dry sense of humor.... but I'm not sure that's the case.

Matt_Black

:joyfull:
Lest anyone take this and run with it (you know someone, somewhere will), Joy is yellow (like sunshine). Sadness is blue (for obvious reasons).

Oh, I know, and we tried to explain that to the poster in question. They then tried to zero in on the shortness factor. To be fair, I could see Pixar having an anti-short people bias, as they've worked with Randy Newman on many occasions, and he's made no secret of his opinion of short people!

Matt_Black

Oh, and I also saw someone interpret the fact that Riley has "male" and "female" emotions as a sign of gender fluidity, and then take it as a slight against the LGBT movement that everyone else we saw only had emotions of the same sex. I'd like to think some of these people were joking, and just have a really dry sense of humor.... but I'm not sure that's the case.

I think I can top that. Someone suggested that Disney should not have released Big Hero 6 so close to the anniversary of VJ Day as the film might offend WWII vets.

Cosmic Commando

I think I can top that. Someone suggested that Disney should not have released Big Hero 6 so close to the anniversary of VJ Day as the film might offend WWII vets.
That's amazing... and then I remembered that Big Hero 6 came out in November, and VJ Day is in early September. That's special.

Matt_Black

That's amazing... and then I remembered that Big Hero 6 came out in November, and VJ Day is in early September. That's special.

Maybe I'm misremembering the day the poster was referring to. Whatever it was, it would be offensive to vets because OBVIOUSLY the film depicts a world where the Japanese won World War II, or at least conquered a sizable portion of the American west coast in the process.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom