Bob Iger at WDW now ... BoD to Follow?

P_Radden

You're right. I sure will miss this building though:
Screen-Shot-2015-06-30-at-12.31.35-AM.png

Something about the architecture and styling, I love it.

gmajew

Premium Member
You're right. I sure will miss this building though:
Screen-Shot-2015-06-30-at-12.31.35-AM.png

Something about the architecture and styling, I love it.

This is really the only lost int he park I am going to miss. I loved this area I loved taking the drawing class with my kids every visit. It is a sad but change has to happen.

ToTBellHop

Like so many things, I miss what it was.

It's sort of like a beloved family pet that you've had to painfully observe getting old. It's not what it once was and it just makes you nostalgic for the past, and sad for its present.
It is likely that what replaces all of the removed attractions at DHS will be beautiful. Hopefully the rides and shows themselves will be wonderful, but I'm sure DHS's new look will be great. Just look at NFL and the recent DAK additions. Disney continues to build beautiful themed locations. Let's just hope the actual experienced inside the buildings put Under the Sea to shame.

And to any Toy Story Playland haters, if they only built E tickets and theming for 2 billion dollars, we would be lucky to net 3-4 rides. With cheaper additions in the mix, we get probably 2 new marquis attractions (E) and a dozen smaller rides (A-D) and shows (and dining and merch). DHS has been neglected for so long that it needs the whole package. Not just a new ToT and a RnRC.

JWG

It stand by my reasoning for the last few years that we have reason to believe WDW will be up to par by 2021. Let's all remember Disneyland prior to 2005. It was essentially where WDW is today. California Adventure was still mostly new and shiny, but far from perfect, Disneyland was feeling neglected, etc. 2005 and DIsneyland's 50th brought a complete resurgence to that area at the time when WDW was on its downward slide (after a strong 90's resurgence). So, here we are 10 years later and approaching MK's 50th. And, indicators are that (maybe Epcot aside) the place looks to be in great shape by then. Expanded AK with nighttime show and activities, Complete redo of DHS (whatever it's called by then), a brand new shopping and entertainment district (with ample parking!)...

I feel that most things will be in place by that 2021 celebration. Hopefully I don't have to wait until 2032 to feel that way about Epcot specifically.

ToTBellHop

It stand by my reasoning for the last few years that we have reason to believe WDW will be up to par by 2021. Let's all remember Disneyland prior to 2005. It was essentially where WDW is today. California Adventure was still mostly new and shiny, but far from perfect, Disneyland was feeling neglected, etc. 2005 and DIsneyland's 50th brought a complete resurgence to that area at the time when WDW was on its downward slide (after a strong 90's resurgence). So, here we are 10 years later and approaching MK's 50th. And, indicators are that (maybe Epcot aside) the place looks to be in great shape by then. Expanded AK with nighttime show and activities, Complete redo of DHS (whatever it's called by then), a brand new shopping and entertainment district (with ample parking!)...

I feel that most things will be in place by that 2021 celebration. Hopefully I don't have to wait until 2032 to feel that way about Epcot specifically.
There are projects in development for the inside of a handful of Future World buildings. Or were you hoping for new builds?

JWG

There are projects in development for the inside of a handful of Future World buildings. Or were you hoping for new builds?

I was hoping for full utilization of space for guest areas matching the '90's to mid '00's. Fully utilized Innovations (not food court seating), something other than a festival seating area in WoL, reimagined Imagination such that people will care other than us kids of the 80's who remember what it could be, etc. I think with Epcot, so much has been "rumored" without much action it's hard to know for sure what is happening there.

SYRIK2000

Good read, guy seems pretty spot on. I like his educated guesses and I think he painted a good picture of how the park landscape will be changing. DHS has a lot of DEMO and construction in it's near future.... WOW

Wow, there is a lot of back stage area they can reclaim. This is going be a whole new world or park.

Hopefully they go all out.

Electricsoup

1. Don't expect news this soon after a confidential meeting.

I disagree. They've closed FAR too much too quickly at DHS - and right before D23 at that - to not announce something. While it might not be a lot, there will be at least one DHS major announcement (my guess is the naming and hints at the future) and no specific until next year. I'd like to get general area theme info too, but I don't' think we will unless tied to the name.

Wikkler

I disagree. They've closed FAR too much too quickly at DHS - and right before D23 at that - to not announce something. While it might not be a lot, there will be at least one DHS major announcement (my guess is the naming and hints at the future) and no specific until next year. I'd like to get general area theme info too, but I don't' think we will unless tied to the name.
I'm expecting an announcement at D23 too. @JordanNite on the other hand expects an announcement less than a week after the meeting.

ToTBellHop

I was hoping for full utilization of space for guest areas matching the '90's to mid '00's. Fully utilized Innovations (not food court seating), something other than a festival seating area in WoL, reimagined Imagination such that people will care other than us kids of the 80's who remember what it could be, etc. I think with Epcot, so much has been "rumored" without much action it's hard to know for sure what is happening there.
There are projects in development that would use up some of that dead space. Whether or not they all happen...?

Cesar R M

Huh? The Studio, live action and animation, was flailing and top leadership was consumed with the EPCOT Center.
My point was. A lot of talent that was brought back into Disney, were working for Disney in the first place.
They were deemed "incompatible", until they finally did show their skills (like Lesseter)

I remember someone said correctly, how Walt would have been fired quickly by current Administration.
Because they do not seem to want to develop creative guys, they just want drones.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom