Bob Iger at WDW now ... BoD to Follow?

Atomicmickey

I honestly dont know.

I'm going to be optimistic.

Sounds like there's enough money there to tick off everyone--about something!
How's that for a glass half empty statement?

Me, I'm just angry that we have something to talk about, I've become so comfortable
grumbling about decline that a turnaround makes me even crankier!

This has been the greatest decade, ever, for followers of burnt out light bulbs and paint chips,
and it's about to come to an end.

Sigh.

SYRIK2000

Me, I'm just angry that we have something to talk about, I've become so comfortable

This has been the greatest decade, ever, for followers of burnt out light bulbs and paint chips,

Sigh.

Glass half empty sounds like a reason for a refill.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Up belongs in DAK, IMO. "The wilderness must be explored!" and whatnot.

Sigh.
There's a subtle brilliance in this post. Well done.

Mike S

Up belongs in DAK, IMO. "The wilderness must be explored!" and whatnot.
I agree. Paradise Falls could work great in AK, especially if Pixar is allowed to go crazy with new creature designs like Kevin.
There's a subtle brilliance in this post. Well done.
image.jpg

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Can't you feel the tension of everyone waiting for the dam to break and info to spill everywhere.

No because I don't believe a word of it, Disney has raised announcing and not doing anything significant to an artform. My inner cynic says this is a disinformation campaign Mainly because the moment Iger announces this to the street the stock is gonna drop at least 10% because Wall St does not LIKE Theme Park CAPEX and Iger from day one has been all about managing the stock price.

doctornick

It's going to be rides, shows, restaurants and shops but all will be IP driven. Just a matter of which IPs

Yeah, I think we can safely say that DHS is the one park that won't be getting any non-IP attractions. We can always hold out hope for other parks, but DHS is pretty much a dumping ground for entertainment items -- we've just got to hope it is well done whatever they add.

truecoat

I believe @marni1971 has confirmed that the "it needs to close to fix" is BS, that they can remove it (and have) without closing the mountain (they just put that black sheet up).

I'd take his word for it. Last I heard, they had to tear open the mountain to fix yeti. If that's not true, it has to be a money problem more than anything.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Personally I want a Wall-e attraction. I am sure that will never come to be because it would be about Disney making fun of it's own lazy pig/visitors. I don't see them mocking the folks that "butter Disney's bread".
Or even better just put a Wall-e sign up over a dumpster out back, a static Wall-e animatronic next to it and call it a day. Pretty much all that IP deserves.

Electricsoup

No because I don't believe a word of it, Disney has raised announcing and not doing anything significant to an artform. My inner cynic says this is a disinformation campaign Mainly because the moment Iger announces this to the street the stock is gonna drop at least 10% because Wall St does not LIKE Theme Park CAPEX and Iger from day one has been all about managing the stock price.

I keep seeing some say this but let's really look at the facts (Edit: Ok, more realistic opinion than fact):

If there is ZERO investment in the future of the parks, they will fail. Maybe not this year, or next, but they will. And no one on the BOD or anywhere in the higher ups in Disney will allow their legacy of being the group that failed the very public face of "I'm going to Disney World!"

The 50th + the failing state of DHS (Epcot could be added into this too) seems like it's been enough to spur them into motion. It's this or just abandon with that park at this point, and there's no way they're doing that. So while I feel your inner cynic, I think it's vastly misplaced here.

BrianLo

Has anyone heard anything about the new concept behind the revamped DHS?

Iger's Emporium of Acquisitions-land.

Essentially dedicated lands to the overarching Brands - Star Wars, Toy Story, Pixar-Other, not sure where they stand on WDAS. Far less studio-like in aesthetic and theme.

Really it's becoming the IP park... and that's actually ok as far as I'm concerned. It provides it with a proper identity while not weighing down Epcot and Animal Kingdom with an abundance of IP. Win-win.

Edit:
I hope whatever it becomes is more meaningful than "look at all of our cool IP related rides".

Ah yes, sorry to disappoint. However a smattering of IP can still be tied together under a moniker like Adventure or Discovery. Look at IOA (the loose book theme not-withstanding).

I think in this case a loose concept is much better than a failed one: "Studios".

PhotoDave219

Iger's Emporium of Acquisitions-land.

Essentially dedicated lands to the overarching Brands - Star Wars, Toy Story, Pixar-Other, not sure where they stand on WDAS. Far less studio-like in aesthetic and theme.

Really it's becoming the IP park... and that's actually ok as far as I'm concerned. It provides it with a proper identity while not weighing down Epcot and Animal Kingdom with an abundance of IP. Win-win.

Edit:

Ah yes, sorry to disappoint. However a smattering of IP can still be tied together under a moniker like Adventure or Discovery. Look at IOA (the loose book theme not-withstanding).

I think in this case a loose concept is much better than a failed one: "Studios".

Well if you wanna go old school, Pixar has always been Disney from the very beginning. Separate company in name only, but its roots come from Disney... only to bring it back in the fold later in life.

El Grupo

How awesome would it be if the 50th was the turn around point for WDW like it was for DL :inlove:

I can dream..........

I agree. After visiting WDW a few times in the 70s - early 90s, I made my first trip to Disneyland prior to the 50th. It was, to say the least, quite disappointing to see the condition of the Anaheim property compared to Orlando. What a difference the years since have made.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom