Bob Chapek Confirms Disney Will Overhaul Epcot

FigmentJedi

Original Sinbad wasn't too bad, but the tone was really... Awkward?
Just very grim for seemingly no reason, I find the new version better.
The issue was it lacked a connecting thread to weave the various episodes of Sinbad's adventures together and it was just a bunch of vignettes loosely connected by Sinbad telling his own story, which isn't as strong. Putting a Menken song in was the right idea, but again, it'd be better if it was something bold and adventurous instead of an ersatz "A Whole New World".

And Menken is absolutely capable of writing a song that can accompany a visual montage of the adventures of an iconic hero of folklore/mythology. Video freaking related.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
If you wanted to embody the worst parts of a country; the opposite of what World Showcase (and all Disney Parks really) is supposed to be. Maybe we should just put the worst parts of Detroit next to the American Pavilion too?

I agree that they should invest more in attractions around the showcase before they start building more countries.
You are the one who brought up "authenticity"...

Cesar R M

Except in this case, it has the potential to make TT better. The current theming of making your own test car and testing it is completely obliterated by the fact that you all are riding the same car with the same reactions even though everyone in the car is testing a different design. It's pretty ridiculous... as in I'm ridiculing it as making sense.

The original story made sense and it was ruined to shoe horn in a new corporate sponsor. So, think about that... a corporate sponsor's influence made a ride worse (IMO). I don't know how people can be upset when a Disney IP is overlayed to an attraction but they're OK when some other corporation's IP is not only overlaying the attraction, but making it dumb.
not to mention those "ps1 graphic" simulators in the ending... are so sad.. even game arcades had better graphics for 10+ years.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
That would be very shortsighted. Almost any part can be manufactured these days with automation. That plane is worth much more than its parts. Here are some ideas.

To make it as inexpensive to restore as possible, perhaps they don't need to refurbish the interior. Make the exterior as original as possible to the look it had during Walt's day. Then suspend it in a high place such as the Contemporary atrium. Or similar venue. OCCC. New Intermodel at MCO etc.

IMO.

Sorry in this case no, Aircraft parts are special and the entire process from manufacture to final scrapping of a part is tracked very closely by aviation authorities worldwide.

A production line for a part needs to be certified by the local aviation authority and by ICAO if used internationally. So it's quite possible for an aircraft part to be 'legal' in the US but not in Canada for example.

In the US the FAA issues STCs which allow the installation of aftermarket parts on specific airframes and engines

This is why the parts on Walts plane are valuable they are original parts with a traceable history and the traceable part is important for commercial aviation as you cannot use a part even if it's the correct part unless you have the dossier for the part unless it's sent back to the original manufacture or certified rebuilder 59

To be zero timed where it's remanufactured and gets a new serial number and dossier.

tonystank18

My Ideas for an Epcot Overhaul:

Close:
The Seas With Nemo & Friends (current incarnation)
Circle of Life: An Environmental Fable (when it was open)
Journey Through Imagination With Figment
Disney & Pixar Short Film Festival
Universe of Energy (when it was open)
Festival Center (Wonders of Life)
Grand Fiesta Tour

Open:
Marine Life Institute With Nemo & Friends
Nick & Judy Hopp's Environmental Fable
Figment & Dreamfinder's Journey Through Imagination
Figment's 3-D Adventure
Guardians of the Galaxy: Quest for Energy
Imagination West (Wonders of Life): Inside Out: Tour Through Emotions (Dark Ride)
Coco's Day of the Dead
Mary Poppins Adventure (In UK Pavilion)
Ratatouille: Remy's Adventure

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Sorry in this case no, Aircraft parts are special and the entire process from manufacture to final scrapping of a part is tracked very closely by aviation authorities worldwide.

A production line for a part needs to be certified by the local aviation authority and by ICAO if used internationally. So it's quite possible for an aircraft part to be 'legal' in the US but not in Canada for example.

In the US the FAA issues STCs which allow the installation of aftermarket parts on specific airframes and engines

This is why the parts on Walts plane are valuable they are original parts with a traceable history and the traceable part is important for commercial aviation as you cannot use a part even if it's the correct part unless you have the dossier for the part unless it's sent back to the original manufacture or certified rebuilder 59

To be zero timed where it's remanufactured and gets a new serial number and dossier.
Interesting. Could you tell me how bowling balls are manufactured?

JEANYLASER

Close:
Grand Fiesta Tour

Open:
Figment's 3-D Adventure
Imagination West (Wonders of Life): Inside Out: Tour Through Emotions (Dark Ride)
Coco's Day of the Dead

tonystank18! I love those ideas and I love Figment and Dreamfinder's journey through Imagination and Figment's 3D Adventure! Awesome ideas!

Haymarket2008

Close:
Grand Fiesta Tour

Open:
Figment's 3-D Adventure
Coco's Day of the Dead

I approve! If majority-IP is the direction Epcot is going in, this is the best possible outcome. Although, I'd love to have a DisneyNature film specific to Epcot in the Harvest Theatre.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom