Boats on Tracks

woofboy111

Original Poster
Does anyone know how deep underwater the track is for boats like the riverboat that goes around tom Sayers Island, or on Jaws at Universal?

Attachments

• sorcerermickey.gif
    sorcerermickey.gif
    6.9 KB · Views: 407

The Mom

Premium Member
Is the riverboat on a track? I thought I saw a captain's/pilot's license posted there, which would mean it's really floating, not on a track.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
The riverboat does run on tracks - and it is surprisingly shallow. I do have a photo of it somewhere during a rehab - I will try and find it.

DisJosh

Originally posted by marciahahn
Is the riverboat on a track? I thought I saw a captain's/pilot's license posted there, which would mean it's really floating, not on a track.

I dont think they would have let me drive it if it wasnt on tracks! lol :D

WDW-Imagineer

Originally posted by wdwmagic
The riverboat does run on tracks - and it is surprisingly shallow. I do have a photo of it somewhere during a rehab - I will try and find it.

That really doesn't surprise me... the riverboat is way too big for that little bay.

woofboy111

Original Poster
Originally posted by FutureImagineer
The track for Jungle Cruise is very cool....its neat how they did those...

So, do you think the track goes up and down, or do you think it's something in the boat that rocks?

NowInc

Im pretty positive that at its DEEPEST point...its a whole 7 feet (not very impressive)...it does run on a track (the drivers post is more of a cosmetic thing rather than actually serving a purpose).

woofboy111

Original Poster
Do you know if the driver controls when the boat goes foward, or is it like Jaws at Universal where the boat goes along the track automatically???

Skipper Timekpr

The Riverboat is on a track but there is an engine room. The captain's cabin is just a cosmetic thing and for starting the spiel, the whistles and bells. But at the stern of the boat on the bottom level is the engine room which actually controls the forward and backwards motion of the boat. We put the boat in gear either forward, neutral or backwards by so much. But how fast you actually go is done by a handel we turn to increase steam pressure. It's a real steam boat too we burn natural gas to heat the water and make steam. Sometimes though after filling water up the pressure drops to low so we have to turn to our electrical source of energy. At the bottom of the hour we have to oil all the parts of the engines check the pressure and other things and record them in a book. It is a very stressfull job at that position. But some of us like to talk and explain what we're doing when we're running around down there during the 20 min cruise.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom