Boat ride or Carriage Ride?

STITCHRULES

During our upcoming trip to WDW staying at POR which would be more romantic- the carriage ride or the boat ride to Downtown Disney? Any thoughts?

Aurora_25

Well, I love the Carraige rides. The boat ride (from what I know) is free but the carriage costs money. Personally, I would do both.. :D

Upvote 0

Vernonpush

The boat ride is a means of transportation, if it's packed, then it's probably not going to be romantic. The carriage ride would be just the two of you (and the driver in front), go for that if you want romance.

Upvote 0

swimmom

Carriage ride for sure. We took one from WL last December. Be sure to make a reservation. From what I understand there are no walk-ups.

Upvote 0

STITCHRULES

Original Poster
Thanks all- I do have a reservation for the carriage ride didn't know if it was really worth the $$$ but from what everyone says it is!!!

Thanks again, can't wait only 27 more days!

Upvote 0

DisneyHoneymoon

yes to the carriage ride

After years of trying (quietly) to get DH to spring for a carriage ride in Central Park (NYC) I finally got it in POR - he loved surprising me. I only caution you to request the carriage driver who is more slender than, shall we say, full figured :( That large lady was rude to some guests (we observed her over two days) and also cut the rides by 10 minutes in some cases. I believe they alternate with each other. Our ride was awesome!

Upvote 0

MareSINY

DisneyHoneymoon said:
I only caution you to request the carriage driver who is more slender than, shall we say, full figured :( That large lady was rude to some guests (we observed her over two days) and also cut the rides by 10 minutes in some cases. I believe they alternate with each other. Our ride was awesome!

So all fat people who work at Disney are automatically rude because of one woman you observed?

Upvote 0

wwwdtoday

Account Suspended
MareSINY said:
So all fat people who work at Disney are automatically rude because of one woman you observed?

Calm down, it is simple way of describing the person you do not want to get. I now know that the fat person is not the one I want driving me. Thank you!

Upvote 0

ThePurpleDonkey

what about?

what about using the carriage ride as a private place to propose? I am looking to propose at disney but I wanted something a little more private than in front of the castle. How far does the ride take you and how long does it last. Is the trail secluded or do you just go along walkways? Thanks

Upvote 0

disney4life2008

After years of trying (quietly) to get DH to spring for a carriage ride in Central Park (NYC) I finally got it in POR - he loved surprising me. I only caution you to request the carriage driver who is more slender than, shall we say, full figured :( That large lady was rude to some guests (we observed her over two days) and also cut the rides by 10 minutes in some cases. I believe they alternate with each other. Our ride was awesome!

Does this person still do the carriage rides? Are the rides reservation or walk up, I have heard conflicting reports.

Upvote 0

RiversideBunny

The carriage ride at Port Orleans Riverside goes along the same walking path that people use. It is rather romatinc at night. We see people using it all the time. The horse's hooves go 'clip clop clip clop' in a pleasant manner. I once took a picture of a new bride and groom on it who were wearing thier wedding mouse ears.

There are, though, many places at POR in the mansions area where a proposal would work. The landscaping is beautiful and it's not necessary to do the carriage ride. There's a gazebo along the river. There are rose gardens at the Parterre Place building. There are live oak trees with benches. There are two scenic bridges over the river between the mansions area and the main building.
At night it's very peaceful and serene with stylish lamp posts lighting the walkways.

:)

Upvote 0

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
Does this person still do the carriage rides? Are the rides reservation or walk up, I have heard conflicting reports.

Reservations are strongly recommended. Walk ups are accepted only if the carriage is not booked or in use. If you are able to get a walk up you must pay in cash, they don't accept credit cards on site. The cost is $35 per person for 30 mins.

Edit:

I'm wrong- the cost is $35 per carriage, not per person. Thanks MyLittleAngels for the correct info.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom