Boardwalk vs. Beach Club - putting aside Stormalong Bay

JillC LI

Original Poster
I think that both resorts have had their rooms renovated in recent years, right? So putting aside the pool comparison which almost everyone agrees weighs in favor of Beach Club, what are the pros and cons of each resort these days? What are the current dining options near each? Trying to decide for next December, and it'll be our first time at a Deluxe resort for my milestone birthday. Thanks!

DisneyPrincess5

Full disclosure, I am zero help as I’ve never stayed at BC and I stayed at Boardwalk once in 2002 but just wanted to say happy future milestone birthday, happy first delux stay , and happy planning!

nickys

Premium Member
I think that both resorts have had their rooms renovated in recent years, right? So putting aside the pool comparison which almost everyone agrees weighs in favor of Beach Club, what are the pros and cons of each resort these days? What are the current dining options near each? Trying to decide for next December, and it'll be our first time at a Deluxe resort for my milestone birthday. Thanks!

Any dining options near one are by definition near the other. They're 10 minutes walk away, or a boat ride.

What I like about the Beach Club is all facilities are shared with the YC and there is a covered walkway to the YC, albeit if it was blowing a gale you might get wet. You have a QS and a restaurant off the BC lobby; yes the QS is fairly limited (it is not a food court, it's a counter in the general store) but it's at least within the building.

You might want to consider the YC too, sometimes you get a better rate there than the BC and it has a more adult vibe to it.

But ultimately I can't get past SAB :p

Oh, and the Carousel at Christmas is my favourite resort decoration of all, even better than the GF gingerbread house.

correcaminos

I like how quiet Beach Club is and I enjoy walking along to Yacht Club even if the weather isn't great and you have indoor dining options if the weather is cruddy. Honestly we don't care for SAB anyway so that's not really a factor for us. I like the theming a bit more too.

We enjoy Epcot far more than DHS so the walk is shorter than BW which is nice.

Now Ample Hills at Boardwalk to me is above and beyond better than Beaches and Cream but it's an easy walk. So is getting to Swan and Dolphin.

surfsupdon

I have stayed at both Beach Club and Boardwalk many times. For celebrating your milestone birthday in December, I would choose BWI.

At Christmastime, the BWI lobby is far better decorated, even tho the BC has the carousel. A lot more green swag, trees, and ornamentation at BWI.

Rooms at both Resorts are new. BWI is more colorful and thematic (but not in your face).

The interior common areas at BWI feature rich details like 1920s background music, palms, paintings, knick knacks, and old timey treasures. Beach Club hallways just don't.

Beach Club is marketed as the kid/family Resort around Crescent Lake. With the character meal off the lobby, the lobby is never peaceful but rather filled with noise and clutter.

The Beach Club is great, and I have always enjoyed my stays there, but I do give a slight edge to BWI.

Last edited:

nickys

Premium Member
I have stayed at both Beach Club and Boardwalk many times. For celebrating your milestone birthday in December, I would choose BWI.

At Christmastime, the BWI lobby is far better decorated, even tho the BC has the carousel. A lot more green swag, trees, and ornamentation at BWI.

Rooms at both Resorts are new. BWI is more colorful and thematic (but not in your face).

The interior common areas at BWI feature rich details like 1920s background music, palms, paintings, knick knacks, and old timey treasures. Beach Club hallways just don't.

Beach Club is marketed as the kid/family Resort around Crescent Lake. With the character meal off the lobby, the lobby is never peaceful but rather filled with noise and clutter.

The Beach Club is great, and I have always enjoyed my stays there, but I do give a slight edge to BWI.

Puzzled about your comment about the common areas. There are pictures on the walls and stuff. The main corridor from the lobby down past the solarium and kids club has lots of fake windows with displays in them. And the walkway past Cape May has the seashells and stuff. And the walkways up above the lobby have Beach type things on display.

surfsupdon

Puzzled about your comment about the common areas. There are pictures on the walls and stuff. The main corridor from the lobby down past the solarium and kids club has lots of fake windows with displays in them. And the walkway past Cape May has the seashells and stuff. And the walkways up above the lobby have Beach type things on display.

You are right, they do. I should have clarified. Beach Club common areas are nicely decorated with framed photos and such, and the Solarium is a beautiful place in the evening.
The Boardwalk has lots of chests, and armoires, tables, and large overstuffed chairs in addition to both portraits and pictures on the walls.

Both are nice, we just find the common areas at Boardwalk to be so much nicer with the extra touches, including the music.

DisneyJoe

I've had multiple stays at BC and YC, never had a bad stay at either, I prefer YC, my wife prefers BC. BC lobby has much more noise - but BC is much closer to Epcot.

We had one bad stay at BWI and it was a group of almost 10 rooms, many of us had room issues. I believe they have had a remodel since then, but I am still wary due to that visit.

My vote is for BC.

surfsupdon

Thanks everyone. @surfsupdon can you tell me what you mean by the music? I think you're swaying me to BWI.
The BoardWalk has old 1920-40s style jazz/ big band music playing very quietly in the background. It's in the lobby, the main elevator bank on each floor, and also the larger common areas on each floor (where hallways intersect). It's a very nice touch that envelops you in the theme more.

Similar music to Hollywood and Sunset Blvds. It's nice.

Dave B

I would NEVER stay at Boardwalk compared to Yacht and Beach Club, just seems run down, carnival atmosphere and kind of cheap, I never ever get that feel at Beach or Yacht Club, you can always go visit Boardwalk its so close to Beach Club, but I would definitely stay at Beach Club

Last edited:

surfsupdon

I would NEVER stay at Boardwalk compared to Beach Club, just seems run down, carnival atmosphere and kind of cheap, I never ever get that feel at Beach or Yacht Club, you can always go visit Boardwalk its so close to Beach Club, but I would definitely stay at Beach Club
And I look at Beach Club that way. Because of the character breakfast, the lobby is so loud, crowded, and always looking worn.

Yacht Club, on the other hand, is my favorite but not an option for the OP.

Incomudro

I've stayed at both.
General geographic location is the same for both - one side of the lake, or the other.
For me the major difference is that with Boardwalk, you are on a boardwalk.
With Beachclub, you are on a beach setting with sand and more natural grounds.
That difference (plus the pool which we're supposed to be leaving out of the discussion) is the reason I choose Beachclub over Boardwalk.

slappy magoo

I've stayed at both.
General geographic location is the same for both - one side of the lake, or the other.
For me the major difference is that with Boardwalk, you are on a boardwalk.
With Beachclub, you are on a beach setting with sand and more natural grounds.
That difference (plus the pool which we're supposed to be leaving out of the discussion) is the reason I choose Beachclub over Boardwalk.
It's a YMMV kind of thing, but I don't see the value of being "on a beach" if you can't go in the water. When I go to the beach I prefer swimming/wading versus sitting/sunning. Other people enjoy spending a whole day relaxing and listening to the waves but never getting even a pinky toe wet.
Between the 2 and excluding the pool I prefer BW, but staying in a "standard" room versus overseeing the boardwalk with the ensuing noise.

Incomudro

It's a YMMV kind of thing, but I don't see the value of being "on a beach" if you can't go in the water. When I go to the beach I prefer swimming/wading versus sitting/sunning. Other people enjoy spending a whole day relaxing and listening to the waves but never getting even a pinky toe wet.
Between the 2 and excluding the pool I prefer BW, but staying in a "standard" room versus overseeing the boardwalk with the ensuing noise.

It's all about what you find more attractive.
One is a more natural looking environment and the other manmade.
I stayed at Boardwalk before Beach Club, because my wife's uncle put us up at Boardwalk.
We loved it, but I gazed across Crescent Lake at that "other" hotel with the stranded ship, and asked "what's that place?"

TXDisney

I think you honestly can’t just say take Stormalong bay away. Bc that’s the biggest selling point as to why BC and YC are more desirable than BI. I mean the locations are in essence identical. I’d still say BC bc of The restaurants right in the resort.

worldfanatic

Minus Stormalong Bay, I strongly prefer Boardwalk over Beach Club.
It's nothing I can really put a finger on. It's just got a beautiful setting (especially outside) that I don't feel Beach Club can match. I'm talking around the entire Resort, not just the Boardwalk.

But when including Stormalong Bay, it's a much tougher choice for me.

correcaminos

I think you honestly can’t just say take Stormalong bay away. Bc that’s the biggest selling point as to why BC and YC are more desirable than BI. I mean the locations are in essence identical. I’d still say BC bc of The restaurants right in the resort.
Actually I think you can. Out of all the trips to BC, most of the time we hit the quiet pools instead of SAB. So I totally see where the OP might be coming from to ask a question like that :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom