Boardwalk Resort - amenity availability

santo38035

Hi - I am heading down to BWV in a little under two months, 48 days to be exact. I will be staying at the BWV for the first time and had a few questions on the availability of picking up some grocery store items at the resort, such as Milk, cereal, OJ and snacks for the kids.

Is there a "general store" on the resort, if so, what is offered, how big is the selection, etc.?

I have seen posts on the GardenGrocer.com website, but don’t know exactly how convenient it is. How far in advance do you have to make your order? Do you need to be in your room to take deliver, etc.
Any insights on both topics would be great!

DebbieL

Hello!

I can't speak to GardenGrocer as I've never used them, but I can tell you that there is a General Store on the boardwalk that sells milk, cereal, etc. You will pay Disney prices for them, but those items are available!

Upvote 0

Sharkreef11

Hi - I am heading down to BWV in a little under two months, 48 days to be exact. I will be staying at the BWV for the first time and had a few questions on the availability of picking up some grocery store items at the resort, such as Milk, cereal, OJ and snacks for the kids.

Is there a "general store" on the resort, if so, what is offered, how big is the selection, etc.?

I have seen posts on the GardenGrocer.com website, but don’t know exactly how convenient it is. How far in advance do you have to make your order? Do you need to be in your room to take deliver, etc.
Any insights on both topics would be great!

We have stayed at BWV a couple times and there is a store, but it is on the boardwalk. You have to walk through the lobby towards the boardwalk and it is the first store at the corner to the right facing yacht/ beach club. It offers the usual that you would expect. Random snacks, donuts, peanuts, beverages, juice, milk, pop etc. It has a pretty decent selection. The only pain is that it isn't in the actual resort and you have to go walk to the boardwalk for it.

We haven't ever ordered anything for delivery, so sorry I can't help you there. Hope that helps! Your gonna love the boardwalk it's fantastic! :wave:

Upvote 0

C.FERNIE

Hiya, excellent choice on the Boardwalk, we became DVC members and now always stay there. Dundy's Sundries Shop on the Boardwalk sell household items, like bread, milk, butter, wine, juice, crisps, and a limited selection of other items! Its pretty good to be fair but it is quite expensive, if you do not mind walking for five mins or have a car then you can go to the gas station just outside the resort (the one you see when you come in) and it is all the sme items but slightly cheaper. Ive never had our stuff delivered usually got to the gas station when we first arrive then just use the shop on the boardwalk to top up! I know that there is a form you can get from the boardwalk shop that you can fill in before you go and fax it to them, and your food will be delivered just after you have checked in, or you can get it from the front desk when you check in. Sadly with anything that is to be placed in your room it wont be in for when you arrive incase they change your room at the last minute. Hope that helps :wave:

Upvote 0

mickeysshoes

The selection is really no different from any other store at different resorts. They all pretty much offer the same stuff. I also can not speak about the GardenGrocer but I have read pretty good things on this site about them. I think you will get more food for your $ having them deliver what you want. You want want to do a seach on this site of GardenGrocer and read up on what others have said about them. Good luck and enjoy your stay at the Boardwalk...we loved it there!!

Upvote 0

foreverbelle

We have used GardenGrocer for the past couple of trips now and love it. We order a couple of weeks in advance and find that it has a great selection and variety. For us it has come in handy with our son. We have been able to get things for lunch stuff and all, juices and snacks that the little shops don't have.

When we order they ask you a time frame of when you will be arriving. If you arrive after the groceries, the front desk holds it for you. It has been great we have never had to wait for it much past an hour-which we scheduled so that we could take our time getting in there.

I would totally recommend them

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom