Boardwalk questions

fizzle75

My wife and I just got back from WDW on Saturday and are alreading planning our next trip in October. We just joined the DVC and are wanting to stay at the Boardwalk Villas but before we make a decision we have a few questions...

What do you think in general of Boardwalk Villas?

What are the best/worst rooms?

How is the bus service?

How did you like the convenience of being able to walk to Epcot and take a ferry to MGM?

How is the dining?

Do they decorate or do anything special for Halloween?

Thanks in advance for any advice!:wave:

smayco

My wife and I just got back from WDW on Saturday and are alreading planning our next trip in October.

How did you like the convenience of being able to walk to Epcot and take a ferry to MGM?

How is the dining?

Thanks in advance for any advice!:wave:

I had to answer this because I also just got back from WDW on Saturday :wave: We stayed at the Beach Club, and the convenience of being able to walk to Epcot, and ferry to MGM, was Awesome! We also ate dinner at Spoodles and had breakfast once at the Boardwalk Bakery. I was very happy with the food in both locations. You'll love it there!

~Sue

Upvote 0

fizzle75

Original Poster
Thanks Sue!:wave: I was hoping all week that I would meet someone from WDWMagic but, alas, I never did.:(

I wore my WDWMagic shirt and everything,...I even bathed...TWICE!:D

I'm not as scary as I look, I promise!

Oh, well, maybe I won't scare everyone away in October.

Anyone else have any advice?

Upvote 0

Bug715

I LOVE the Boardwalk Villas!!! My family have been DVC members since 97 and we've only stayed at two other DVC resorts cause I love the boardwalk so much.

I've never stayed in a room that i thought was the worst. My Favorite rooms have been the ones where I could look out onto the lawn and boardwalk. We've stayed in rooms with a view of the front grass area, Luna Park Pool, quiet pool, lawn, and directly on the boardwalk.

The bus service is good. Since I'm older now we don't do Magic Kingdom much but when we have waited for the buses we havn't had to wait too long. We love to walk or take the boat to and from MGM and Epcot. The day you get there if you don't go into the parks you can go towards Epcot at fireworks time and the cast members have sometimes let us just inside the park for the show.

The food is good. My dad and I LOVE the huge rice krispy treats at the bakery, the pizza was good when I had it, ESPN Club has always been good when we've gone. Mom also liked the brewery place's salad. Also there was a cart/booth on the boardwalk that had creaps on a stick that were awesome.

This makes me excited to go back to my favorite hotel!! I don't know about halloween decorations. I'll find out when i'm a CPer cause I want to visit every hotel to see decorations every holiday.

Upvote 0

mouselvrmom

We really liked staying at the Boardwalk villas in 2006. We had requested a room near the elevators since we have lots of kids and strollers & we ended up near the elevators with a view of luna pool. It was very nice. The kids really loved it!

The restaurants were kind of eh for me. We ate at Spoodles and Espn. They were ok. The only pain was in the morning in order to get coffee and refills on our mugs we had to walk down to the bakery to get them, it is not self serve and you have to wait in a line. On a positive note, my husband loved the bakery! He is a danish kind of person. We always have to make sure to stop in there now at least once a trip.

The bus service was ok. Sometimes we had to make a lot of stops at the beach and yacht club and the swan and dolphin. We were always the last stop and the first to get on. But really it only adds a couple of minutes on your trip. The convenience of being close to epcot and a ferry away from mgm really makes up for it. We really love the location of BW and BC, they are favorites of ours!

Have a great trip!

Upvote 0

Thorphin

Haven't stayed at Boardwalk before, but on our last trip we stayed at the Beach Club Villas across the lake. We visited Boardwalk, just walking around and such, and the overall style seemed to be more my taste than the Beach Club.

The great thing about those resorts, though, is the location. The walk to Epcot is easy and very convenient, and the ferry to MGM is also convenient. We actually walked to MGM from the Boardwalk area, and it wasn't too bad, but probably not something you'd want to do if you were too hot or tired, since it's about a mile (around .8).

And actually, if we weren't in a hurry to get to the MK, we'd walk to Epcot, walk to the front of Epcot, and take the monorail to the TTC/MK. Lots of walking, but much more exciting/interesting than a bus ride.

Given how little we usually spend at the resorts (generally we just sleep there), the location of the Beach Club and Boardwalk resorts makes them excellent choices. If you decide to stay there, look for the old machines from the Magic Kingdom penny arcade - they were in pretty bad disrepair when we were there, but a couple of them still worked - that made my day to see those out and about, even if they aren't where they should be in MK.

Upvote 0

Craig & Lisa

First off, Welcome Home, we stayed at BCV where our property is. And the one thing I liked was we could walk to EPCOT very quickly. MGM was a longer walk though, especially at the end of the day too. The down side was that the busses for the rest of the place were a longer wait. A very nice place to stay, though. You might want to try ESPN club, if you get there before 4:30 PM you can get a good seat for the weekly show they have.

Upvote 0

chels26

my family has been memebers of the DVC since 97. Before then, we've stayed in many hotels around WDW but the first trip as DVC members we stayed at the boardwalk. We absoloutly loved it! there is so much to do around there We go every year, and we don't leave the Epcot Hotel area. (we also love the beach club). The buses are fairly good at boardwalk, the great thing about that though is your're the first to get picked up and the first to get dropped off(because you share the bus with beach club, yaht club, swan&dolphin0(thats not such a great thing though, but its not so bad)Another thing we love about staying around there is the short walk to epcot and the not-so-bad walk to MGM. Theres lots of fun things to do at night plus theres lots of shops and you can rent a boat (but i would definetly rather rent one at the magic kingdom area). you'll love it there!

Upvote 0
I have an additional question regarding the Boardwalk. We will be in EPCOT on day 1 of our trip. NaNa and PaPa always take our kids to a little ice cream shop on Lake Michigan here at home. I thought it would be a nice treat for them to take PaPa to Beaches and Cream for a treat while at Disney. How long of a walk would it be? The kids are 6 & 7 and I was just wondering if is a reasonable walk for them? If not what are your suggestions as to getting there? Thanks for your assistance!

Upvote 0

Craig & Lisa

If you are worried about the walk, you really don't have to. The walk is less than 10 minutes depending on how slow or fast you walk. just be careful, on the BW at night there's alot of things happening, and plenty of eye candy. Plus they have entertainers going around the BW, one of which is the Polish cowgirl.

Upvote 0

mousermerf

Account Suspended
What do you think in general of Boardwalk Villas?

Meh. I like the big giant 2-story suites, but otherwise the rooms and decor don't really excite me.

What are the best/worst rooms?

The ones near the parking lot. So far removed from it all.

How is the bus service?

Pretty yuckey sometimes. Thankfully Epcot and MGM are close and it's often easier to get a ride from their front gates.

Fabulous - but walking to MGM is a hike and if you do it at night a little creepy cuz there's nothing to see for a while, Epcot is fairly close to everything and decorated the whole way.

How is the dining?

Yummy. I like the Spoodles Pizza Window for a midday snack.

Not that i've seen, but perhaps they'll have a few pumpkins out - other deluxes sometimes do it.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Try the pizza window and make sure you have one evening to just enjoy the area. Rent a surrey bike :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom