Boardwalk Inn Question

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
So DH and got the time off approved! Woo Hoo! So the plan is to stay in water view room on Feb 12th for one night/2 days of just Resort fun! :)

So, at most resorts there is a counter service dining location. But with the Boardwalk, i've looked at the dining locations and I understand that well, there is the entire Boardwalk. But do they have a place in the resort where you grab food, a meal, etc. I saw that there is the pool side bar. But is there a "food/dining" area within the resort?

Thanks!

CinderellyKelly

We were just there and it is sparse for QS. You can get a whole pizza at the pizza window for two QS credits. They have some light sandwiches that count as QS at the pool bar. You can also get some sandwiches at the temporary bakery.

We went to Epcot often to use our QS.

Upvote 0

disneysince71

We do BW a lot. For CS meals we go to the bakery or we walk to Beach Club and eat at there CS in there gift shop.. they have great soup. Beaches and Cream is a sit down but really fast...Try the 6 cheese/grilled cheese with the Tomato Bisque Soup... Yum! S&D have a few CS places but we have not been over there. Have a great Valentines day! Are you going to have a romantic dinner at the Yachtsman?

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Original Poster
We were just there and it is sparse for QS. You can get a whole pizza at the pizza window for two QS credits. They have some light sandwiches that count as QS at the pool bar. You can also get some sandwiches at the temporary bakery.

We went to Epcot often to use our QS.

Thanks! We are doing resort only so no parks. :)

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Original Poster
We do BW a lot. For CS meals we go to the bakery or we walk to Beach Club and eat at there CS in there gift shop.. they have great soup. Beaches and Cream is a sit down but really fast...Try the 6 cheese/grilled cheese with the Tomato Bisque Soup... Yum! S&D have a few CS places but we have not been over there. Have a great Valentines day! Are you going to have a romantic dinner at the Yachtsman?

I was going to until I saw the prefix menu. There are some good points and some bad. So we are going to skip it. Its just not worth it. :)

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Original Poster
Where did you decide to get your ADR for V day? :)

Don't know yet. A bit stumped. We do California Grill in a heart beat but it is under refurb. We are doing Cape May (if can't get Chef Mickey) for breakfast on the 13th. I want to go to Raglan Road, but I am not thinking that will be dinner. We are a bit stumped on what to do and where to go.

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Original Poster
You know you could spend a day on the monorail shopping and hitting the resorts... If you need something to do take the boat over to the campground... or rent a bike, or a mini boat :)

Yeah, we are going to GF to White Basin - have to do that. And of course DTD. And then take the boat around just for fun. We are probably going to check out some resorts, even though we have seen most of them. Definitely do campfire at Boardwalk and then also a surrey bike ride. Get some cupcakes. :) Maybe some mini golf at Fantasia Gardens, we haven't done that one yet. I'm really excited to do a Resort Only Trip! :)

Upvote 0

disneysince71

Yeah, we are going to GF to White Basin - have to do that. And of course DTD. And then take the boat around just for fun. We are probably going to check out some resorts, even though we have seen most of them. Definitely do campfire at Boardwalk and then also a surrey bike ride. Get some cupcakes. :) Maybe some mini golf at Fantasia Gardens, we haven't done that one yet. I'm really excited to do a Resort Only Trip! :)
We do Resort days a lot.. You will love it. You see things you have never noticed before. Sit on the beach at BC or PR in the swings... The sand in your feet and just relax for a minute. Its a different kind of feeling.. other than "I have to get to the next ride!!!! "

Upvote 0

NiarrNDisney

Boardwalk Dining

TS
Big River Grille & Brew Works (Micro Brewery inexpensive L,D,S)
ESPN Zone (Sports Bar and grub L,D,S)
Flying Fish (Seafood a bit pricey D)
Kouzzina (Greek fare B,D)

CS (these options are alfresco but you can always bring it back to your room)

Boardwalk Bakery (Coffee, pastries, sandwiches B,L,D,S)
Boardwalk Joe's (Coffee and snacks)
Boardwalk Pizza Window (Pizza by the slice or whole L,D,S)
Boardwalk To Go (Burgers, Dogs, Chicken strips and fries L,D,S)
Leaping Horse Libations (Sandwiches, snacks L,S)

Plus there is a continental breakfast served in the Bell Vue Room and there is In-Room dining as well.

You can also find beverages, snacks, and sundries like you would find at all other resort stores to have for your room at Dundy's Sundries and the Screen Door General Store.

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Original Poster
Boardwalk Dining

TS
Big River Grille & Brew Works (Micro Brewery inexpensive L,D,S)
ESPN Zone (Sports Bar and grub L,D,S)
Flying Fish (Seafood a bit pricey D)
Kouzzina (Greek fare B,D)

CS(these options are alfresco but you can always bring it back to your room)

Boardwalk Bakery (Coffee, pastries, sandwiches B,L,D,S)
Boardwalk Joe's (Coffee and snacks)
Boardwalk Pizza Window (Pizza by the slice or whole L,D,S)
Boardwalk To Go (Burgers, Dogs, Chicken strips and fries L,D,S)
Leaping Horse Libations (Sandwiches, snacks L,S)

Plus there is a continental breakfast served in the Bell Vue Room and there is In-Room dining as well.

You can also find beverages, snacks, and sundries like you would find at all other resort stores to have for your room at Dundy's Sundries and the Screen Door General Store.

Thanks! So the Boardwalk named places (ie Bakery, Joes, Pizza, To go) are what one would consider to be comparable to a food court at another resort. Got it! :) Thanks! :)

Upvote 0

harry04

We were just there and it is sparse for QS.

Upvote 0

NiarrNDisney

Thanks! So the Boardwalk named places (ie Bakery, Joes, Pizza, To go) are what one would consider to be comparable to a food court at another resort. Got it! :) Thanks! :)

Yes basically you could see these places as the Boardwalks equivalent to the other resorts cafeteria!
Also though they me a little out of the way but you can always go over to the Dolphin and try Picabu and the Yacht and Beach Club are just across the lake and also have other great dining options.

Upvote 0

s&k'smom

I'm so glad to see this thread, we are changing our resort dates (just by a week) but it brought up the discussion maybe of changing resorts and I know DH loved walking through boardwalk but I love a good coffee shop, so to confirm (because they will ask) there is a continental breakfast and oh are there refillable mugs? Hey disneygirl we are planning a resorts only trip too that is on the agenda for the big 50 year!

Upvote 0

sgtmgd

Beaches and cream is across the way at the Beach Club..you can get a QS there

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom