Blowing newbies minds on rides

Craig & Lisa

Original Poster
I got this idea from another thread along the same lines. When your at the World and you get on a ride with people who you know have never been on the ride before, do you ever try something to make them say, What are these people doing here, ( just so you have an idea, your doing it when they take pic's ) I LOVE to do this on Dinosaur ride at AK, when we get to where they take the pictures I, instead of looking at the carnataur, I look the other way, sometimes my sons do this with me, with a big smile, grand reaction, the whole thing. Then when we get to see the pic's they sit there going what did we miss?????:shrug: We just stand there and laugh, I know it's not nice but then they go back on to see what they did miss, and realize they missed nothing.:lol:

wdwhoneymooner

Back in '96 my buddy and I went of a golf outing in FL and spent a few days in the Parks. We decided to make some small signs and flash them for our ride on TOT. His said "HELP!!" and mine said "YIKES!!!" a la Yile E. Coyote vs. RoadRunner. Our only regret was not buying a copy of the picture.

EPCOTPluto

I tell newbies to beware the crazy man-eating hippo with a speedo swinging in the trees on the Jungle Cruise... :lookaroun

Craig & Lisa: :ROFLOL: Brilliant!

Phonedave

I got this idea from another thread along the same lines. When your at the World and you get on a ride with people who you know have never been on the ride before, do you ever try something to make them say, What are these people doing here, ( just so you have an idea, your doing it when they take pic's ) I LOVE to do this on Dinosaur ride at AK, when we get to where they take the pictures I, instead of looking at the carnataur, I look the other way, sometimes my sons do this with me, with a big smile, grand reaction, the whole thing. Then when we get to see the pic's they sit there going what did we miss?????:shrug: We just stand there and laugh, I know it's not nice but then they go back on to see what they did miss, and realize they missed nothing.:lol:

I did that once by accident - sort of.

My kids and I have been on Dinosaur more times than I care to remember. We had ADRs at Yak & Yeti when it first opened and I did not want to miss them, and the Dinosaur load was running slowly.

The picture at the Carnataur was the whole car with the frightened looks on their faces....... and my two kids talking to each other and me checking my watch.

I felt bad about it actualy, because I thought I sort of ruined the picture for anybody that wanted to buy it.

-dave

Crazy4WDW1

Our fav is to sit in the first row of the TOT and then when your pic is about to be taken fold your hands in prayer and look heavenward. The pic is always priceless. People look at the pics wondering why in the world were they praying, we they that afraid. LOL

CastleBound

I like to pretend we are going over the edge out of the building on Maelstrom. Its fun to make people think there is a big drop.

jchargu3

RnRC it's great to make the puke face (you know, two fingers over mouth, cheeks puffed, eyes bulging) and the people from the car in front, and in back of you look all over to make sure they are clean

I rode RnRC with my parents and little sister, all 4 of us did this face, made for a fantastic photo

The_CEO

I tend to bring a park map on with me on Dinosaur and right before the picture I take out the map and have my friend point at the park map with me like we are discussing our day.

Gets a good laugh.

SWatsi

Back in '96 my buddy and I went of a golf outing in FL and spent a few days in the Parks. We decided to make some small signs and flash them for our ride on TOT. His said "HELP!!" and mine said "YIKES!!!" a la Yile E. Coyote vs. RoadRunner. Our only regret was not buying a copy of the picture.

If you go to all that trouble, why not buy the picture :brick:
:D

I_heart_Tigger

When I worked at Epcot we had an entire elevator full of Canadian Cm's on TOT. We all did superhero poses....hands made into Batman masks, Superman flying arms, hands on hips with chest puffed out looking leftward etc, etc,

The photo was fantastic and yes...I bought it

As for newbies my favorite thing is getting them to stand on a particular stone in front of the Epcot fountain and screaming "DANCE FOUNTAIN!" since I know the times it starts it actually makes them think they started the show! :D

ChrisFL

Premium Member
When I'm on splash mountain with my girlfriend, I like her to lift her......chess set with glued on pieces and act like we're playing.

(ok, all of this a lie)

but other people have done this on similar rides:

logride_450.jpg

agent86

but then they go back on to see what they did miss, and realize they missed nothing.:lol:

Just curious, how do you know that your "prank" has even worked and has had the desired effect? Do you actually follow the other guests back onto the ride, make sure you're in the same ride vehicle with them, and watch them throughout the ride just to see their reaction? Or are you just assuming that your prank even worked?

agent86

^ Ruined? I would be more inclined to buy it.

That may be because, as a Disney fan, you think differently than the average guest who visits WDW. I would be willing to bet that most people who purchase those pictures do so because they want to capture a memory from their vacation, not because of someone they don't even know who thought they were being cute by doing something distracting in the picture. Personally, I think it's a rather selfish thing to do. It would be one thing if all the people in the picture were all part of the same group (e.g. a school trip or something), but to do that when there are other people in the ride that you don't even know, I think it's rude. It's roughly akin to when you go to the movies (or some other public place) and you have immature teenagers being loud and obnoxious because they think everyone within earshot thinks they're being funny or cute...when in reality the only people they're entertaining are themselves and their friends.

jonnyc

That may be because, as a Disney fan, you think differently than the average guest who visits WDW. I would be willing to bet that most people who purchase those pictures do so because they want to capture a memory from their vacation, not because of someone they don't even know who thought they were being cute by doing something distracting in the picture. Personally, I think it's a rather selfish thing to do. It would be one thing if all the people in the picture were all part of the same group (e.g. a school trip or something), but to do that when there are other people in the ride that you don't even know, I think it's rude. It's roughly akin to when you go to the movies (or some other public place) and you have immature teenagers being loud and obnoxious because they think everyone within earshot thinks they're being funny or cute...when in reality the only people they're entertaining are themselves and their friends.

Each to their own I suppose. I personally enjoy it when people show there creative side on ride photos i'm on. :shrug:

My family and I all pulled "The Scream" (By Munch) face on our EE photo. It is now proudly displayed in our conservatory. The inspiration coming from a pose I did on the ride earlier in the day that they didn't notice till they looked at the photo :p.

Ilovewishes

Alot of our photos turn out to be priceless without us even trying! When we went to WDW in '98, there were 7 of us so pretty much every ride we went on, we were the only group in the car. First time we ever rode Dinosaur, we bought the picture because we were all screaming our heads off, looking absolutely terrified (my uncle was actually trying to climb under the seat!) but my other uncle was looking up at the dinosaur as though he was trying to acurately determine what kind of dinosaur it was. He was completely non-plussed by it! And he's the one who hates rides!

We still laugh every time we look at that photo!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom