Block Party Bash closing January 2011

XS-Spence

Original Poster
I just heard from a friend and performer in BPB that it will be closing January 2011. No details on why. I personally love BPB. As always I'm hoping it will be replaced by something bigger and better.

As always, this is from an unofficial source, so treat it as rumor.

David S.

if this rumor pans out...thank the lords!!!!

Bring back Stars and Motorcars!

It's nice that I can agree with you on something! ;)

But if this rumor turns out to be true, I do feel bad for the passionate fans of BPB, because it's never fun to lose something you truly love at the parks.

Personally, I don't HATE BPB, I just liked Stars and Motor Cars more. A lot more! ;)

DisneyNut2007

if this rumor pans out...thank the lords!!!!

Bring back Stars and Motorcars!

Sorry, pal, but don't get your hopes up.

The majority of the cars are in Paris now, as part of the Disney Stars and Cars parade in their Walt Disney Studios park, so they can't bring Stars and Motorcars back here at WDW.

JustInTime

I really feel like WDW is slowly getting some love. I think a new daytime parade for DHS is just what the doctor ordered.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
My kids always liked the BPB (at least they liked getting the free Nerf balls :)), but I'm not going to be upset if it stays or goes. Something new could be good, if the rumor comes true. :)

dlpwishes

Stars & Motor Cars won't be coming back though, Paris has the Cars at WDS Park.

Will Pixar Play Parade be moving over to DHS then? Or something completely new? I don't think it would fit in at the park really. DHS isn't DCA...

Horizonsfan

There is talk on other boards that DCA's current parade (which was a replacement for BPB) Pixar Play Parade is coming to WDW. Makes sense since DCA's parade corridor is getting sliced up for the next few months.

They keep changing out DHS's parade and that's great but when the hell are AK, and especially MK going to get new parades?

sponono88

I'm wondering the same thing. Will DCA's Pixar Play Parade replace it? When DCA got the new Pixar Play Parade, it shipped Block Party Bash off to DHS.

A while back I read that once BPB finished its Florida run, it would be transferred to WDS. So it's like a rotation - they start in DCA and eventually end up in the Paris resort.

If PPP goes to DHS, I hope this means a new parade for DCA.. PPP is one of my favorites, but a new parade is always welcome.

drew81

I just heard from a friend and performer in BPB that it will be closing January 2011. No details on why. I personally love BPB. As always I'm hoping it will be replaced by something bigger and better.

As always, this is from an unofficial source, so treat it as rumor.

This is more than a rumor. It's definitely closing.

drew81

There will still be a parade and it will be Pixar themed. I think Block Party Bash is getting the Share a Dream Come True parade treatment where they will reuse the current floats and debut a "new" parade.

Figment82

I'd love to see the PPP come to DHS - not that I love recycling parades, but it's one of my favorites (I'm a sucker for the catchy theme song).

drew81

I'd love to see the PPP come to DHS - not that I love recycling parades, but it's one of my favorites (I'm a sucker for the catchy theme song).

I wonder if they might use that music from Pixar Play Parade. The new Studios parade will still use the same Block Party floats.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom