Blizzard Beach

Debbie

Original Poster
Can someone give me a discription of what it's like to go down Summit Plummitt? My hubby says when we go in October for our "honeymoon",just the two of us, no kids, that I have to go on this thing. I am petrified! Someone please tell me that it's not that high or that it's over before you know it.

Castle Cake Apologist

Ok, Summit Plummet is simply a water slide made to look VERY scary. The "Ski Jump" that you see is all fake. Where the jump begins, so does a tunnel. The slide empties into the tunnel and you are slowed almost to a stop before you reach the bttom. It is really quite fun.

TynkerBelle

Remember to wear a REALLY secure bathing suit. The top and bottom are forced up by the water. Your top could wind up around your neck and your bottom will become a lovely wedgie right in front of everyone who's waiting at the end of the slide.
Trust me. I'm one of the chickens waiting at the end of the slide. There's no dignified way to fix your suit in public.

The Mom

Premium Member
Tynkerbelle is absolutely correct! Leave your bikini for poolside; 1 piece suits are definitely safer at the waterparks!(unless you're trying to attract attention)

Castle Cake Apologist

Uhhmmm... okay, yeah.. right ...I guess. Wear a tight suit... being a guy.. I couldn't 've told you this... thats the good thing about message boards... there's a wide variaty of people to respond to you..!

The Mom

Premium Member
Never underestimate the ability of people to not see the obvious! An acquaintance's daughter insisted upon wearing a bikini top to WDW (she wore her shirt through the gate, then took the shirt off inside) then became indignant when guys kept staring at her bosom! Duh!! By the looks of embarrasment on the faces of some girls getting off waterslides, no one ever warned them! ( or else they just thought mom was being a prude) You guys might want to check "coverage" before you stand up, also!

JAY-ROD

Originally posted by Debbie
Can someone give me a discription of what it's like to go down Summit Plummitt? My hubby says when we go in October for our "honeymoon",just the two of us, no kids, that I have to go on this thing. I am petrified! Someone please tell me that it's not that high or that it's over before you know it.

Have ur ever seen summit plummit. If not i can pic on here or i can dig up some mpeg video of it.

jay_london

The best piece of advice I can give is to clench your cheeks, the force of water can act as an enema, it can be a rush to get to the rest room:p

jay

dopey

jay, what a lovely word picture you paint. gag!

as for me, in order to ensure complete coverage, i wear long pants. i hate getting all tangled up.

buffy27uk

i agree with tynkerbell as i was one of the unfortunate ones who wore a bikini and lost my top on my first visit there. since then i have worn a t-shirt with it, i'm not gonna let my inlaws get it in cam again......ever again lol

M

Mr Lightbeer

I (Mrs ) always wear a bikini at the waterparks its the best place to do some serious sun catching, I have been on all the slides, including Summit Plummet and Humunga Kowabunga and never had an embarassing moment, my best tip to you would be just make sure your costume fits you right in the first place,( not always the norm I have noticed in Orlando) if your top rides up so what? If you where holidaying in Spain, Greece etc you probably wouldn't have the top on any way so whats the problem? If it makes some poor sad guys holiday to get a quick flash of your bits then thats his sad problem anyway;)
Just take a deep breath and go for it you'll be glad you did:D

Seano846

Bring a crowbar so you can pull your bathing suit out of your when your done:D

Attachments

• selfprtanim.gif
    selfprtanim.gif
    10.5 KB · Views: 231

jay_london

Originally posted by Mr Lightbeer
I (Mrs ) always wear a bikini at the waterparks its the best place to do some serious sun catching, I have been on all the slides, including Summit Plummet and Humunga Kowabunga and never had an embarassing moment, my best tip to you would be just make sure your costume fits you right in the first place,( not always the norm I have noticed in Orlando) if your top rides up so what? If you where holidaying in Spain, Greece etc you probably wouldn't have the top on any way so whats the problem? If it makes some poor sad guys holiday to get a quick flash of your bits then thats his sad problem anyway;)
Just take a deep breath and go for it you'll be glad you did:D

perhaps mrs Lb would like to email me a topless picture so I can decide if it would be a pleasure to see her decend from summit p with a bikini on;)

jay

Maria

I always chickened out on summit plummit and never got to do it... only welcomed my bf coming down from it with a big scratch in the shape of Africa on his back!

My favorite "ride" is the Lazy River and fighting those cold drops under the tunnel! Aaawww....good memories... sniff...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom