Blizzard Beach Construction

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Isn’t the story that Florida received a freak snow storm so they built a ski resort but then it all started to melt? Why is Olaf there?

Well, as we all know, the "freak snow storm" was actually caused by Elsa, and Olaf and the snow babies showed up as well. But how did Elsa cause the freak snow storm when 'Frozen' didn't exist until Blizzard Beach was nearly 20 years old? How did Olaf suddenly appear there? Confused about how this all fits? Never fear!! It's all explained in the new synergistic backstory book (currently being written) and it will be available soon for only $49.99. It will feature a foreword by renowned Imagineer Zach Riddley, with exclusive commentary by none other than Bob Chapek himself! This will be one book you'll want to pick up and will never put down! You'll also have a chance to purchase (for an additional cost) Blizzard Beach-exclusive food and beverage offerings focused on 'Frozen'! (subject to availability. Park reservations not needed at this time but terms and conditions are subject to change at any time.)

And remember - YOU are the magic!!!

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Olaf can be anywhere he wants if you follow the story in the films...

And he's being added to the toddler area. It's a no brainer. As are special Christmas offerings here.

The toddler area seems appropriate, at least. It's not the most offensive thing they could have done at BB... but it's also the most Bob thing to do.

ToTBellHop

I just don't think everything is worthy of a complaint. Toddler areas are the best places for such IP integration and it is an area that anyone without a toddler shouldn't visit anyway (although I'm sure creepy vloggers without children will show up to record it next month, anyway...).

1666710791067.png

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Not the worst thing, but I’m also not going to give it praise. I am however excited about the extra holiday touches this year.
I'm not praising it, either. The reaction I can't shake is... 🤦‍♂️.

Christmas decorations at BB are a no-brainer, but what is being reported seems like the usual minimal-effort given by Disney these days. "Snow"? No thanks, I hate soap bubbles popping near my face. Festive tubes? Ok. Themed-treats? How much will they be charging for those?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I just don't think everything is worthy of a complaint. Toddler areas are the best places for such IP integration and it is an area that anyone without a toddler shouldn't visit anyway (although I'm sure creepy vloggers without children will show up to record it next month, anyway...).

View attachment 674794

Right. Where they put this is appropriate. I'm not complaining... but I'm also not praising it.

ToTBellHop

Right. Where they put this is appropriate. I'm not complaining... but I'm also not praising it.
I'm sure the target audience will love it and their parents will want to bring the kiddos back as a result.

My kids are almost 10 so I'll never set foot in this place again, anyway (at least until I'm the annoying, overbearing grandfather introducing stress into one or both of my kids' marriages...dare to dream).

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I'm sure the target audience will love it and their parents will want to bring the kiddos back as a result.

My kids are almost 10 so I'll never set foot in this place again, anyway (at least until I'm the annoying, overbearing grandfather introducing stress into one or both of my kids' marriages...dare to dream).

We still enjoy a day at one of the water parks now and then. I'm still trying to get one of my kids to do Summit Plummet or Humunga Kowabunga with me. :D

ToTBellHop

We still enjoy a day at one of the water parks now and then. I'm still trying to get one of my kids to do Summit Plummet or Humunga Kowabunga with me. :D
Oh, we enjoy it, too. But they won't go to Tikes Peak.

To be fair, Olaf has been at Castaway Cay for years and it wasn't a problem.

Jambo Dad

Also, the barges are FAR worse than painted show buildings. One thing is in the periphery and noticeable when you look for it. The other is front and center, drawing attention. While I’m WS, I notice the tacos far more often than the Soarin building.

It would be like replacing Cinderella Castle with an oil rig.
Agreed - the tacos and Stargate are on a level of bad far beyond other transgressions and mistakes. They have ruined the views throughout world showcase. There is no guarantee they will go away anytime soon either, despite their plan to retool.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom