• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

News Blizzard Beach closing for extended refurbishment this year with enhancements coming

Sirwalterraleigh

Yeah. I think every year should have at least one big ticket item opening at some park (E-ticket ride, new land, etc.) and then at least something smaller at another park (could be new show or entertainment or a smaller C-ticket). Have that every year and you'd basically never have people deferring trips waiting for something to open because there would always be something new. And that's how you'd make those every 3 or 4 years people into every year or 2 people.
You know...it’s funny how an old park operator tried to do that very thing from 1955-2000 ish...

If only I could remember the name of it 🤔

If you do one add on average every 3 years to a park...that very plan comes to fruition and the parks always feel refreshed

Derrit

Advertisement
My concern is they are no longer willing to build a snowy peak to hide a slide, so any water slide will be visible like Crush n Gusher or Misadventure Falls.
But even those 2 have themeing and stories, I do fear though that since they are in a rush they will add a more bare-bone attraction, which is not what this park needs.
Granted the Runoff Rapids are pretty visible.
View attachment 388502
While, yes Runoff Rapids doesn't contain a lot of thematic scenery, it still fits in with its surroundings and has a plot (Backside of Mount Gushmore is melted/melting)

MansionButler84

But even those 2 have themeing and stories, I do fear though that since they are in a rush they will add a more bare-bone attraction, which is not what this park needs.

While, yes Runoff Rapids doesn't contain a lot of thematic scenery, it still fits in with its surroundings and has a plot (Backside of Mount Gushmore is melted/melting)
They do, but unless they want to do bobsleds, I can’t think of any other reason for an exposed slide. Typhoon is a bit more versatile.

Goofnut1980

Do you ever think a 3 park would come to the area for Disney? I bet they hit some good capacity in the warmer weather. Although with the ticket price hikes, I bet it's not as busy now.

Jeff456

It'd be nice to see something new, the theming is fanastic at BB and TL but water slides have come on a lot and WDW seem behind the game now, check out Siam Park in Tenerife if you haven't seen it before, it's got some great slides!

HoldenC

Do you ever think a 3 park would come to the area for Disney? I bet they hit some good capacity in the warmer weather. Although with the ticket price hikes, I bet it's not as busy now.
A third water park? I don't think it's necessary tbh, the water park market feels tapped out in Orlando. TL, BB, Volcano Bay, Aquactia, and now the one at the Margaritaville Resort; there are plenty to choose from.

eddie104

Yeah. Totally.

That’s why each waterpark brings in between 1.5 million to 2.2 million guests...4 of the busiest waterparks on the planet.

Still, I’d rather see new slides added to the existing parks over a new waterpark from Disney.
I wonder how much a total overhaul of the park would be ??? 🤔

Top Bottom