Trip Report Blisters! Why Did it Have to be Blisters?! A 2019 Flower and Garden Report COMPLETED

Hello Disney Friends! Welcome to the "Trip Report That Almost Wasn't Posted". More on that in a minute. Now for the details:

Who: Me @LisaBelle and my sister, Tina @TangledTina
What: Tina's 50th Birthday Celebration
When: May 28-June 2, 2019
Where: The Contemporary Resort

How this trip came to be:
In 2016 Tina and I celebrated my 50th birthday by running the runDisney Princess 5k. You can read that trip report here. We knew that we wanted to take a sister's trip for Tina's birthday, but she hadn't decided what she wanted to do. We considered sitting on the beach, a cruise and visiting a new city. Then in July of 2018 our families went on a joint vacation to WDW. That TR is here. That trip had lots of bumps in the road and left Tina wanting another dose of Disney magic. In November of 2018 she called me up to discuss her birthday trip. The conversation went something like this: Tina: How would you feel about spending my birthday trip at Walt Disney World? Me: I'm calling to book it right now! :hilarious:

Because we were experiencing Flower and Garden for the first time we wanted to stay at an Epcot resort. Tina chose the Beach Club and we spent the winter months dreaming of lounging at Stormalong Bay and walking into Epcot via the International Gateway.

Fast forward to about 3 weeks prior to our trip. I received a phone call from Disney saying that they were overbooked at Beach Club and we needed to switch resorts :banghead:. Because of the inconvenience they would discount the price on a monorail resort! After some discussion we decided on the Contemporary. We'd stayed there with our families in July, but we had stayed in one of the Garden Wing buildings. It was a long walk to both the Contempo Cafe and the monorail so this time we wanted to stay in the main building. They were able to accommodate that request so we booked it.

Why this TR almost wasn't posted....
As soon as Tina and I returned from our WDW trip we needed to "finalize" (read completely plan and book :hilarious:) our next family adventure- a 2 week drive from Ohio to Colorado, Wyoming and South Dakota. With those plans made I spent June uploading all of my WDW photos, dealt with Disney concerning Memory Maker issues and finally got those pictures uploaded. Our family vacation took up 2 weeks in July and then it was time for professional development and preparing my classroom for back to school! No worries, I can write my TR on weekends for sure over Thanksgiving and Christmas break, right?! This school year has been crazy busy and suddenly March rolled around and I still hadn't started my TR. Too late now I thought. Flower and Garden 2020 had begun and I felt like no one would want to read about last year's festival when they could real about this year's offerings. Then COVID 19 came along and closed down our beloved Disney World :cry:! With that I decided that now might be a good time to finally post this TR!

So without further ado, here we goooooo!

Monday, May 27, 2019
Today was Memorial Day and my family did our usual cookout while I finished laundry and packing. We were flying out of the Cincinnati airport early Tuesday morning. I live closer to the airport so we decided that Tina would spend the night at my house to make the morning less rushed. Tina sent me this photo as she was packing. Tina had planned to arrive at my house in the evening, but due to laundry/packing issues she was running behind. Then the weather near her turned ugly which delayed her even more. There were actually tornadoes in Dayton that night. Luckily, they weren't close to Tina's home.

Tina finally arrived at my house between 11:30pm and midnight. We double checked our Magic Bands, plane check-in, flight time, etc. As we were discussing our outfits for the next day Tina asked my opinion on which shoes she should wear. She had bought a new pair of shoes that hadn't been broken in yet. They looked great with her outfit and they felt so comfortable when she tried them on that we felt like they should probably be okay. Remember this conversation.

Tuesday, May 28, 2019
Our flight was scheuled to depart at 8am. Because I don't like to be rushed I wanted to be at the airport by 6. This meant we needed to leave my house by 5:30. We woke up about 4:30am. We got dressed, drank a quick cup of coffee and were on the road to the airport by 5:35am. We parked, took the shuttle to the terminal, checked our bags and had made it through security by 6:35. On the way to the gate I sent this text to my family, all of whom were still sound asleep back home.

Tina and I took some airport pictures to pass the time until we could board the plane.

Time passed quickly and by 7:45 we were on the plane!

I channeled my inner J from @riverside's reports and read the safety instructions while we waited for takeoff.

We left the gate at 7:59. During the flight we looked over the Flower and Garden menus to prioritize our food choices for the afternoon. Our original plan was to drop off our bags and hop on the monorail to Epcot. During the flight Tina suggested that we drop off our bags and pop into the MK for a few photos and 1 ride before heading to Epcot. MK is always our first park, so I was excited to keep this tradition alive. Besides, who says no to MK?! Checking our progress.

Our flight was uneventful and we landed at 9:50, which was about 20 minutes ahead of schedule! We used the restroom and jumped in line for Starbucks. We both got a caramel macchiato to drink on the Magical Express.

We checked in with Magical Express and we were first in our line.

We boarded the ME at 10:35 and pulled out of the airport at 10:43.

At 10:47 we received our room ready text. We were super excited about this because we would be able to freshen up a bit before heading to MK!

At 11:07 we drove under the sign and felt like our vacation had officially begun!

Up next: The Contemporary

LisaBelle

Original Poster
I was going to ask if she will have another opportunity to do DCP. Is she supposed to be graduating this year?

If you ever do plan a trip back that way, let me know and I will be happy to give you some tips about things in that area to see. We're hopefully heading there next Summer to do all the Wyoming sites at least. We did Mount Rushmore/Keystone/Custer State Park/Mammoth hot springs, and Cosmos in 2016, but we've never taken the kids to see the Badlands. We should do that. Oh, we also did Wind Cave in 2016. Anyway, there's a ton of stuff to do there.
She will be a junior this year. She probably won’t finish in 4 years so she will have several opportunities to apply again when and if they re-open the program.
Thanks so much for the offer of travel advice! I will definitely take you up on that if we head that way again! I wish we’d had more time last summer, but it’s fun to know there’s so much more to try next time!
Your trip next summer sounds like lots of fun!

I really enjoyed your bonus trip! We visited some of the same places a few years ago. We ended up getting a guided tour around the Mt. Rushmore/Black hills area that includes a stop at Custer state park as well. It’s a really nice area with tons of things to see. Also loved the badlands! Did you guys stop at the corn palace in Mitchell, SD?

Thanks for reading! The guided tour sounds amazing! I am still in awe of the badlands. Photos certainly don’t do them justice! We did not stop at the corn palace. Did you enjoy the corn palace? We were pretty limited on time and had to pick and choose our experiences. We all agreed that we’d like to return some day, so we might do that in the future.

Thanks for sharing both of your trips!! They were so much fun to follow along!!
My sister's (now ex)husband was stationed at Ellsworth AFB so I've spent some time in South Dakota.
Never made it to see Crazy Horse though!! If you ever go out that way again there was a restaurant
in Rapid City called Sanford's. The food was excellent & the atmosphere was really neat. I made sure to eat there
on all my visits!
Good luck with this school year!! 🤞
I’m so happy that you enjoyed the report! My husband saw a documentary on Crazy Horse about 15 years ago and had wanted to visit ever since. I was really glad that we were able to visit so he could see it in person. Thanks for the restaurant recommendation! I am going to have to write it down so we can seek it out if we make it back to SD some day.
Thanks for the good wishes for school. It will be interesting! Our school board voted to enact a “blended learning” model. My class will be divided into 2 groups. Group A comes to school Monday & Tuesday. Group B comes Thursday & Friday. They alternate Wednesday’s. This way they will have at least 2 days of in person instruction every week and we can maintain 6 feet of social distancing. The days they aren’t in school they will do remote learning. They are working on WiFi and personal devices for all students in grades 2-12. I teach first grade and over half of my kiddos didn’t have devices or WiFi this spring which made remote learning a challenge. It will be another new challenge for us! I hope R has a great school year! Also J (I think you said he was supposed to start kindergarten this year).

Loco_driver

Thanks for reading! The guided tour sounds amazing! I am still in awe of the badlands. Photos certainly don’t do them justice! We did not stop at the corn palace. Did you enjoy the corn palace? We were pretty limited on time and had to pick and choose our experiences. We all agreed that we’d like to return some day, so we might do that in the future.
The tour was great. I don’t remember how much it cost, but it didn’t seem too expensive and you got to see all the sights without having to drive or worry about parking. It also included a breakfast and a dinner show to end the day! You really didn’t miss much on the corn palace, it’s another cheesy tourist trap. I had never heard of it, but a coworker of mine was from the area and insisted I visit. It was fine for a quick break during a long day of driving. Not quite as much fun al wall drug!

cgersic

I'm back again. Sorry for the delay. Although school is out I am on our leadership team and we are getting a new principal next year. This transition meant that we needed to have quite a few virtual leadership team meetings. We also had online professional development, so I wasn't feeling any more screen time. Screen detox now complete, on with the show.

July 16, 2019

Today's agenda was the long trip from Kansas to Golden, Colorado.

We slept in a bit, grabbed breakfast from the hotel and hit the road around 11:00am. We didn't have anything special planned for this day, so when my brother-in-law saw signs for the Cathedral of the Plains we decided to jump off the highway and take a look. We were so happy that we did. It was beautiful and we enjoyed a relaxing self-tour.

It's probably difficult to read the placard, but this is St. Fidelis Church in Victoria, KS. It is also known as the Cathedral of the Plains and was constructed between 1908 and 1911 by German and German Russian Catholics. If you are ever out this way it is definitely worth a stop. Fun fact, it is one of the 8 Wonders of Kansas and is on the National Register of Historic Places. Sorry I only have outside pictures on here. I am having trouble getting the indoor pics to load. If you Google Cathedral of the Plains you can see tons of photos!

About an hour later it was mid afternoon and we were all getting hungry. We were quite some way from a bigger town with lots of restaurant choices. We saw this place right off the highway (we may have stopped for gas) and decided to take a chance! To be honest, I was worried we'd end up with food poisoning, but it all turned out fine!

We arrived in Golden, Colorado that evening. We were tired from a long day of driving so we checked in to the hotel, grabbed a delicious pizza dinner at Woody's Wood Fired Pizza (no pics, but highly recommend) and headed to bed.

July 17, 2019

The next day we took a tour of the Coors Brewery. You park in a parking area and then wait in line to take a shuttle to the brewery. Once there, you pay for the tour, which includes samples of beer and a souvenir glass. Visitors under 21 are free, but do not receive the beer themed souvenir glass. Then you wait in a lobby area with some displays telling the history of the brewery until your group is called in for the tour. We waited at least 45 minutes for our tour. The crew was definitely getting antsy! Once it began the tour was very informative and we all enjoyed our samples.

My favorite Coors spokesman! I sent this pic of "our boy" Mark Harmon to my best friend. We love him!

Sorry beer lovers, I cannot tell you the name of any of these beers or which we liked best.

We hit the gift shop and then headed in to town for a late lunch and some shopping. We ate lunch at Trailhead Taphouse and Kitchen which featured Cajun fare. I don't like anything spicy so I was afraid of a lot of the menu :hilarious:. This is a picture of my chicken and zucchini salad. It was delicious! Most of the group ate Po' Boys and we also tried some gator bites. Sorry, no pics of those items.

After lunch and shopping we headed back to the hotel for a short break. My nephew wanted to go hiking so all but Paul got changed and headed out. The Apex Trail was only about 10 minutes from our hotel and we really enjoyed ourselves. People can hike or ride bikes on the trail so you always had to be on the lookout for mountain bikers. My nephew was bummed because we didn't go all the way to the top, but it was getting dark and we didn't want to take a chance of being on an unfamiliar trail in the dark.

By the time we got back to the hotel and got cleaned up for dinner it was getting late. Many of the restaurants had stopped dinner service so we ended up driving to a nearby mall and ate at Baseline Taphouse. We would have preferred local rather than a chain, but the pickings were slim that night! After dinner we called it a night.

July 18, 2019

We got up and headed to brunch at the Denver Biscuit Company. This was another DDD restaurant. Unfortunately I do not have any pictures, but the biscuits were huge and delicious!

Bellies happy, we drove to Rocky Mountain National Park. We did some hiking and exploring in the lower altitudes.

Then we drove up Trail Ridge Road. I hate heights and spinning. The narrow twisting roads made me feel like I was spinning and I was getting increasingly anxious about the altitude. We stopped at this overlook.

All of the kids wanted to keep going to reach the top, but I was scared and we were meeting one of Tina's college friends for dinner, so we headed back down.

We met Tina's friend and her son for an enjoyable meal at a Mexican restaurant in Boulder, CO. Then we drove back to Golden.

July 19, 2019

Today we headed to Colorado Springs. We toured Garden of the Gods. All of the red rock formations were formed naturally. This is the famous Kissing Camels rock formation.

This is the balanced rock.

Enjoy these other red rocks we saw as we walked and drove around Garden of the Gods. The sign explains that The Garden of the Gods was given to the city of Colorado Springs in 1909 by the children of Charles Elliott Perkins in fulfillment of his wish that it be kept forever free to the public. Garden of the Gods is a must see if you are ever in Colorado Springs, CO.

It was super hot so after hiking around for a bit we spent some time looking at the exhibits in the Visitor's Center and visited the Trading Post. We all had a snack to hold us over til dinner. From here we split up. Tina and her crew were on a mission to purchase some cowboy boots. My crew was heading to dinner at another DDD restaurant.

Up next: Dinner at the Skirted Heifer.
You were in the area where I grew up! Woody's is an all time family favorite and well as Rocky Mountain National Park. Thanks for taking me home for a minute!

LisaBelle

Original Poster
The tour was great. I don’t remember how much it cost, but it didn’t seem too expensive and you got to see all the sights without having to drive or worry about parking. It also included a breakfast and a dinner show to end the day! You really didn’t miss much on the corn palace, it’s another cheesy tourist trap. I had never heard of it, but a coworker of mine was from the area and insisted I visit. It was fine for a quick break during a long day of driving. Not quite as much fun al wall drug!
Thanks for the info on the tour. Sounds like a must do if we get back there! Corn palace will probably be a no unless we need a break from the drive!

You were in the area where I grew up! Woody's is an all time family favorite and well as Rocky Mountain National Park. Thanks for taking me home for a minute!
Glad to be able to bring you a glimpse of home! We all enjoyed Woody’s. Rocky Mountain National Park was beautiful. The Rockies really are breathtaking! We look forward to going back again some day.

Songbird76

The corn palace is really only a short stop to take pictures outside. There's not much to see inside, in my opinion. The outside is completely decorated with corn mosaics, and it's cool, but once you've seen it, you've seen it. It's worth stopping if you've never been there and you're driving through, but it's not something to go out of your way for. We made that trip often, and we always stopped for breakfast at the Happy Chef in Mitchell, so since we were there, we'd stop in at the corn palace sometimes, but that wasn't an every trip occurance.

Loco_driver

The corn palace is really only a short stop to take pictures outside. There's not much to see inside, in my opinion. The outside is completely decorated with corn mosaics, and it's cool, but once you've seen it, you've seen it. It's worth stopping if you've never been there and you're driving through, but it's not something to go out of your way for. We made that trip often, and we always stopped for breakfast at the Happy Chef in Mitchell, so since we were there, we'd stop in at the corn palace sometimes, but that wasn't an every trip occurance.
Haha that’s a very accurate description. The corn mosaic was pretty neat. It was a nice place to stretch our legs for a bit!

LisaBelle

Original Poster
Thanks! If it’s on our way and we need a break we might give it a try.
Haha that’s a very accurate description. The corn mosaic was pretty neat. It was a nice place to stretch our legs for a bit!
Good to know!

Zipadeelady

Thank you @LisaBelle for sharing your trips!! Believe it or not I actually forgot how much I missed Disney until I read your report. I really need to get back as soon as possible. We were planning on visiting in October of this year but now that doesn't look like it will happen. Joe really wants to travel out west and your trip looked amazing. I loved that you tried DDD restaurants! I've got new goals!

LisaBelle

Original Poster
Thank you @LisaBelle for sharing your trips!! Believe it or not I actually forgot how much I missed Disney until I read your report. I really need to get back as soon as possible. We were planning on visiting in October of this year but now that doesn't look like it will happen. Joe really wants to travel out west and your trip looked amazing. I loved that you tried DDD restaurants! I've got new goals!
Awe, thanks! It’s always so much fun to re-live the trip while writing the TR. I too can’t wait to get back to Disney. Hoping for next spring and really hoping for no masks!
We loved our trip out west and it was a blast to try the DDD spots! We managed to squeeze in quite a bit in the amount of time we had. If you are planning a trip out west be sure to read the latest comments from @Songbird76, @riverside and @Loco_driver as they had some great tips for SD!

riverside

Premium Member
I’m so happy that you enjoyed the report! My husband saw a documentary on Crazy Horse about 15 years ago and had wanted to visit ever since. I was really glad that we were able to visit so he could see it in person. Thanks for the restaurant recommendation! I am going to have to write it down so we can seek it out if we make it back to SD some day.
Thanks for the good wishes for school. It will be interesting! Our school board voted to enact a “blended learning” model. My class will be divided into 2 groups. Group A comes to school Monday & Tuesday. Group B comes Thursday & Friday. They alternate Wednesday’s. This way they will have at least 2 days of in person instruction every week and we can maintain 6 feet of social distancing. The days they aren’t in school they will do remote learning. They are working on WiFi and personal devices for all students in grades 2-12. I teach first grade and over half of my kiddos didn’t have devices or WiFi this spring which made remote learning a challenge. It will be another new challenge for us! I hope R has a great school year! Also J (I think you said he was supposed to start kindergarten this year).
When my sister lived there I always asked her why we couldn't go see it & her response was "Why would you want to see it? It's not done."
I always told her that in my lifetime it will never be therefore why not see what I can of it? Never happened though....
If you like fried pickles Sanford's are the best!!

Your school year sounds like quite the challenge. I don't envy you in the least. Our state hasn't been good with communicating their guidelines yet so that has everyone in limbo. And school is due to start in about 6 weeks. In the last few weeks R just had 2 teachers retire & 1 quit. So on top on everything else he has to hire also. Busy, busy!! Yes, J is due to start kindergarten at the end of August!! That's why the 3 of us are going to brave the mid-August heat in Disney here in a month or so!! Got to be back in time for school!!

Songbird76

When my sister lived there I always asked her why we couldn't go see it & her response was "Why would you want to see it? It's not done."
I always told her that in my lifetime it will never be therefore why not see what I can of it? Never happened though....

Your school year sounds like quite the challenge. I don't envy you in the least. Our state hasn't been good with communicating their guidelines yet so that has everyone in limbo. And school is due to start in about 6 weeks. In the last few weeks R just had 2 teachers retire & 1 quit. So on top on everything else he has to hire also. Busy, busy!! Yes, J is due to start kindergarten at the end of August!! That's why the 3 of us are going to brave the mid-August heat in Disney here in a month or so!! Got to be back in time for school!!
My mom wouldn't pay for admission for Crazy Horse, because it's not done and you can see it from the highway, so there's no need to pay money for it. We had a friend who lived in Custer, so we'd go visit her and stop on the highway along the way to see if anything had been done. I think I was in college before they finally started doing anything again and they haven't really done much in the last decade.

LisaBelle

Original Poster

I love fried pickles so I will make sure Sanford’s is on my list for the future!
I’m sure J will love kindergarten!
I am having a hard time wrapping my head around what school will look like, but I can’t imagine trying to plan without any firm guidelines. Best of luck to R especially with having to hire new staff!

DouglasE

What a wonderful trip your sister and you had. I'm sure that with each of your crazy lives with families of your own, it was very special for you. I couldn't believe that with as much eating as you described at the end you still had credits leftover.

You have got to love the convenience of staying at the Contemporary. I had one of the best meals ever at The Wave on my most recent trip. Although, I've got to say in terms of aesthetic, what is the difference now between a room at the Contemporary and a good Hilton room, for example. I miss the Disney difference of an on-site room stay.

Women are definitely tougher than men. Your sister was amazing to do all of that walking for all of those days with blistered feet. If it were me, it would have been highly likely that I would have gotten myself into a wheelchair.

The last time I was at Flower and Garden Festival (i.e. eons ago) there were no food booths. It was just Epcot incredibly bedecked with flora all over the place. I'm so glad you got to experience that special time.

KellBelle

I loved your road trip, that part of the country is so beautiful! I am so sorry to hear about your daughters college program.. this whole virus just sucks! I am hoping her wish for her 21st comes true! :) I live in NE and was on the lookout for any NE stops, we do have a couple DDD featured restaurants here in Omaha. Thank you for sharing, it was really beautiful to see!

Minnesota disney fan

Just finished your fun, nostalgia filled (for me) report!
Our favorite park is AK, and we found Yak and Yeti by chance 2 trips ago. I got the chicken dish too, and I absolutely loved it. Roger got the coconut shrimp which was great. We loved the food so much that we got another ADR for Y&Y for 2 days later. Looking at that picture made me so hungry!
I noticed that your daughter, Allie, had on an Ohio University sweatshirt. Is she going to OU??? I am from Ohio so would notice this type of thing.
Thank you so much for the great tr. I read a lot of them, and yours was fantastic. And it's so wonderful that you got to share it with your sister. It's especially great at this time of covid to read about your trip and gaze at the pictures. Hope we can all go back to our Disney soon:)

LisaBelle

Original Poster
What a wonderful trip your sister and you had. I'm sure that with each of your crazy lives with families of your own, it was very special for you. I couldn't believe that with as much eating as you described at the end you still had credits leftover.

You have got to love the convenience of staying at the Contemporary. I had one of the best meals ever at The Wave on my most recent trip. Although, I've got to say in terms of aesthetic, what is the difference now between a room at the Contemporary and a good Hilton room, for example. I miss the Disney difference of an on-site room stay.

Women are definitely tougher than men. Your sister was amazing to do all of that walking for all of those days with blistered feet. If it were me, it would have been highly likely that I would have gotten myself into a wheelchair.

The last time I was at Flower and Garden Festival (i.e. eons ago) there were no food booths. It was just Epcot incredibly bedecked with flora all over the place. I'm so glad you got to experience that special time.
Thanks for reading! I’m so happy we were able to get away for our sister’s trip. We made lots of great memories at our happy place!
Love walking to MK from the Contemporary! My sister and her family enjoyed The Wave on a prior trip.
Tina definitely dealt with the blisters better than I would have!
Loved finally seeing all the flowers at F & G. The food booths were awesome. I wish we’d had a few more days to enjoy even more!
I loved your road trip, that part of the country is so beautiful! I am so sorry to hear about your daughters college program.. this whole virus just sucks! I am hoping her wish for her 21st comes true! :) I live in NE and was on the lookout for any NE stops, we do have a couple DDD featured restaurants here in Omaha. Thank you for sharing, it was really beautiful to see!
Thanks so much for reading! We were very disappointed about her DCP. We are keeping our fingers crossed for her 21st birthday trip. We will be keeping a close eye on everything so we’ll be prepared to book once we know how things will work around her birthday!
Sorry we didn’t make it to any of the Triple D spots in NE. Maybe on our next road trip! We had lots of fun exploring the DDD places.

Just finished your fun, nostalgia filled (for me) report!
Our favorite park is AK, and we found Yak and Yeti by chance 2 trips ago. I got the chicken dish too, and I absolutely loved it. Roger got the coconut shrimp which was great. We loved the food so much that we got another ADR for Y&Y for 2 days later. Looking at that picture made me so hungry!
I noticed that your daughter, Allie, had on an Ohio University sweatshirt. Is she going to OU??? I am from Ohio so would notice this type of thing.
Thank you so much for the great tr. I read a lot of them, and yours was fantastic. And it's so wonderful that you got to share it with your sister. It's especially great at this time of covid to read about your trip and gaze at the pictures. Hope we can all go back to our Disney soon:)
Thanks for reading and for the compliments! I’m glad the pictures from Yak & Yeti brought back good memories for you!
We live near Cincinnati and yes, Allie attends OU! She will be a junior this fall. Small world! What part of Ohio are you from?
I can’t wait to return to Disney! I am hoping that we can get this virus under control and come up with better treatments and a vaccine so we feel safer getting back to real life.

Minnesota disney fan

Hi: We are from Columbus, Ohio (really a small town outside of Columbus called Obetz) Lived there until I was 21, then moved to Tennessee. Went to Hamilton Twp HS and still have lifelong friends from there. Now we live in Minnesota, but Ohio is always our home:)
I never made it to Kings Island all those years???? But we went to Cedar Point when it only had one or two coasters. NOw I guess it is a big coaster park? I remember that Lake Erie was so dirty that no one went swimming at that beach. I still visit my old high school friends for "girl trips" now and then.

LisaBelle

Original Poster
Hi: We are from Columbus, Ohio (really a small town outside of Columbus called Obetz) Lived there until I was 21, then moved to Tennessee. Went to Hamilton Twp HS and still have lifelong friends from there. Now we live in Minnesota, but Ohio is always our home:)
I never made it to Kings Island all those years???? But we went to Cedar Point when it only had one or two coasters. NOw I guess it is a big coaster park? I remember that Lake Erie was so dirty that no one went swimming at that beach. I still visit my old high school friends for "girl trips" now and then.

LisaBelle

Original Poster
We moved to the suburbs of Cincinnati when I was 12. I moved away for a few years when my husband was in the Air Force. When his enlistment was over we moved back. That’s funny about never making it to King’s Island. I live about 30 minutes from there. My first job in high school was working in a shop at King’s Island. We had season passes for years while our kids were growing up. I’ve never been to Cedar Point but it is a huge coaster park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom