BLACKFISH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freshee61

It's really not fair sea world is having to put up with this. Every company has a dark side, does things their not supposed to and so forth.
There's lots of different animals in show business but in the end sea world really does help sea animals, does do research, and does not mistreat animals just because they're in an enclosed space. Many pets are in an enclosed space.

919Florida

Reading this post I just find it so interesting. Do you support Disney everyone? Well they have the Seas with Nemo and friends where you have captive dolphins and manatees? What about Animal Kingdom and all the captive animals there? Why are you not rushing the doors for Disney to be shut down?? Just because you have not seen a film saying that Disney treats animals wrong?

Seaworld is out there and have rescued thousands and thousands of animals. THey care for the animals everyday and in so many ways. You have no idea what these animal care experts and trainers treat these animals. These animals are closer family to them probably then teir own family. You really need this so called "documentary" to give you the facts? Hello its a one sided film trying to prove the point they want to prove. For every article you post I have articles I can post showing my points. I am at SeaWorld three days a week and know personally many many trainers and I know what goes on behind the scenes everyday.

There are palces out there that treat animals badly and marine parks that participate in things I dont agree with but SeaWorld is not one of these places.

The Empress Lilly

I eat meat. I have an annual pass to my local zoo. Animals are displayed for my pleasure, and killed for my food.

Blackfish is not just about animals. One of its strongests themes is employee abuse. In an act of cynical abuse, SEA knowingly puts animal handlers in an enclosure with a serial killer whale, many young, undertrained, or unaware of the orca's lethal history.

It is not the whales who are killed for profit, but employees.

If I knew there was an attraction at WDW that has killed three workers and hurt many others I wouldn't visit it. I'm not into blood sports.
I would demand it be closed, the way I protest how Qatar kills Indian workers to host a World Cup.

Freshee61

that is your point that the employees are being mistreated? They have a beautiful job. They get to bond with all these beautiful mammals animals etc.
They know exactly what they are getting into. A giant fish bowl with a killer whale to be exact. I'm sure they have to sign waivers and fill out stuff up the wazoo and go through schooling and and then training to get anywhere near those orcas. I wish I could go up to sea world and say I wanna work with an orca and it be so easy! I'd happily take the risk. Everything in life has risks

JPatton

Original Poster
Again, the discussion is diverted away from the abuse and exploitation of orcas to---the rescue/aid that is given to turtles, manatees, and birds. 'Look over here, folks. Don't look over there.'

OFTeric, decide how hard you want to work making excuses for a shady corporation and we will work ten times harder to bring about positive change.

The Shamu show has got to go.

And it will go.

Olijimcha

Wild animals in captivity should be a binary thought, you are ok with it or you are not. Whether it be the animals at Sea World, Animal Kingdom, Epcot, Busch Gardens, Gatorland etc. You shouldn't just be selective about it, at the end of the day none of them are living their true natural life.

Freshee61

Wild animals in captivity should be a binary thought, you are ok with it or you are not. Whether it be the animals at Sea World, Animal Kingdom, Epcot, Busch Gardens, Gatorland etc. You shouldn't just be selective about it, at the end of the day none of them are living their true natural life.
Man, so true!

919Florida

Blackfish is not just about animals. One of its strongests themes is employee abuse. In an act of cynical abuse, SEA knowingly puts animal handlers in an enclosure with a serial killer whale, many young, undertrained, or unaware of the orca's lethal history.

If I knew there was an attraction at WDW that has killed three workers and hurt many others I wouldn't visit it. I'm not into blood sports.I would demand it be closed, the way I protest how Qatar kills Indian workers to host a World Cup.

Seriously? This just goes to show you know nothing. SeaWorld employees are not abused. most of them are angry at the fact of what blackfish is saying. Everyone of those trainers there know what they are doing. All of these trainers just go ask them want water works returned so they can get back in the water with the whales. So get your facts straight my friend. I am friends with nearly every trainer at SeaWorld and i know they are not abused in any ways.

Also in regards to an attraction that has killed workers? Lets just look at Primeval Whirl for a few mintues and see how dangerous that has turned out for several cast members. Just operating a roller coaster and they were killed.

Again, the discussion is diverted away from the abuse and exploitation of orcas to---the rescue/aid that is given to turtles, manatees, and birds. 'Look over here, folks. Don't look over there.'

OFTeric, decide how hard you want to work making excuses for a shady corporation and we will work ten times harder to bring about positive change.

The Shamu show has got to go.

And it will go.
There is NO ABUSE. You are going by what a documentary and other so called animal rights groups are telling you. I can go to sleep at night knowing full well that these animals at SeaWorld are given the best care in the world. From the world class vertienrary care they receive with their daily check ups to check on health, enrichment activities and more. The water is filtered through every two hours in all pools and checked to make sure it is safe and clean. When an animal doesnt want to perform they are not made to and unlike the film makes you want to think they dont starve them of fish if they dont perform. All the animals are on a set diet every day and they will get all the food they are needing. I have been in the fish room and have seen what goes into planning out their meals and all the thoughts that go into it. So stop saying they are abused.

The Shamu show is going no where. constantly the stadium of 6000 people is filled to capacity even in non peak seasons it can reach capacity. And guess what a new night time Shmau Show is coming for the 50th anniversary.

SeaWorld is not a shady corporation. You are jsut one of those people who are set in their way and will never change your mind. No matter what I tell you you will beleive what you want to beleive. Seaworld has done more for animals then you ever will do.

You also mention they only rescue turtles, manatees and birds? Wellt hey have rescued many dolphins, pilot whales and even whales. All have been returned to the sea.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Seriously? This just goes to show you know nothing. SeaWorld employees are not abused. most of them are angry at the fact of what blackfish is saying. Everyone of those trainers there know what they are doing. All of these trainers just go ask them want water works returned so they can get back in the water with the whales. So get your facts straight my friend. I am friends with nearly every trainer at SeaWorld and i know they are not abused in any ways.

Also in regards to an attraction that has killed workers? Lets just look at Primeval Whirl for a few mintues and see how dangerous that has turned out for several cast members. Just operating a roller coaster and they were killed.

There is NO ABUSE. You are going by what a documentary and other so called animal rights groups are telling you. I can go to sleep at night knowing full well that these animals at SeaWorld are given the best care in the world. From the world class veterinary care they receive with their daily check ups to check on health, enrichment activities and more. The water is filtered through every two hours in all pools and checked to make sure it is safe and clean. When an animal doesn't want to perform they are not made to and unlike the film makes you want to think they don't starve them of fish if they don't perform. All the animals are on a set diet every day and they will get all the food they are needing. I have been in the fish room and have seen what goes into planning out their meals and all the thoughts that go into it. So stop saying they are abused.

The Shamu show is going no where. constantly the stadium of 6000 people is filled to capacity even in non peak seasons it can reach capacity. And guess what a new night time Shamu Show is coming for the 50th anniversary.

SeaWorld is not a shady corporation. You are just one of those people who are set in their way and will never change your mind. No matter what I tell you you will believe what you want to believe. Seaworld has done more for animals then you ever will do.

You also mention they only rescue turtles, manatees and birds? Well they have rescued many dolphins, pilot whales and even whales. All have been returned to the sea.
Never argue with a PETA supporter. It's just not wise.

BuddyThomas

Never argue with a PETA supporter. It's just not wise.
Wow, this thread is seriously filled with ostriches that love putting their heads in the sand. Very unfortunate. Every time someone defends an animal or says something controversial about Sea World, we're accused of being part of PETA. Um, incorrect. I'm just a person with a conscience and a heart and with empathy. I've never given PETA a dime.

Seriously, just do yourself a favor and take your heads out of the sand for ten minutes and watch the beginning of Blackfish tomorrow. If, after ten minutes, you are not intrigued and decide to change the channel to your favorite sitcom, so be it, but if you go to Sea World regularly, you really should see this.

919Florida

Seriously, just do yourself a favor and take your heads out of the sand for ten minutes and watch the beginning of Blackfish tomorrow. If, after ten minutes, you are not intrigued and decide to change the channel to your favorite sitcom, so be it, but if you go to Sea World regularly, you really should see this.
I go to Seaworld three times a week. I also donate to the conservation fund almost every time on those visits. I will support SeaWorld 110% because I know the truth. I also over the last year have got 25 people at work that I work with to become annual passhodlers to SeaWorld as well.

I know every point this so called film makes and I will not be watching this tomorrow because I will not show support towards it in anyway. What the film says is nothing new I already know everything they say. From everything that has been talked in the press about the movie to all the crazies who are posting there junk on the SeaWorld facebook page.

BuddyThomas

There is NO ABUSE. You are going by what a documentary and other so called animal rights groups are telling you. I can go to sleep at night knowing full well that these animals at SeaWorld are given the best care in the world. From the world class vertienrary care they receive with their daily check ups to check on health, enrichment activities and more. The water is filtered through every two hours in all pools and checked to make sure it is safe and clean. When an animal doesnt want to perform they are not made to and unlike the film makes you want to think they dont starve them of fish if they dont perform. All the animals are on a set diet every day and they will get all the food they are needing. I have been in the fish room and have seen what goes into planning out their meals and all the thoughts that go into it. So stop saying they are abused.

The Shamu show is going no where. constantly the stadium of 6000 people is filled to capacity even in non peak seasons it can reach capacity. And guess what a new night time Shmau Show is coming for the 50th anniversary.

SeaWorld is not a shady corporation. You are jsut one of those people who are set in their way and will never change your mind. No matter what I tell you you will beleive what you want to beleive. Seaworld has done more for animals then you ever will do.

You also mention they only rescue turtles, manatees and birds? Wellt hey have rescued many dolphins, pilot whales and even whales. All have been returned to the sea.

I'm not saying there is or is not abuse. I'm saying that the whales and dolphins are highly intelligent creatures, and this is proven scientifically. It's nice that Sea World filters their swimming pool water, but these magnificent animals do not deserve to live their lives in a swimming pool for the enjoyment of popcorn chewing tourists. I don't understand why presumably intelligent and empathetic people would not understand this.

I agree that Sea World does a LOT of good, but the dolphin and whale shows are just sad.

BuddyThomas

I go to Seaworld three times a week. I also donate to the conservation fund almost every time on those visits. I will support SeaWorld 110% because I know the truth. I also over the last year have got 25 people at work that I work with to become annual passhodlers to SeaWorld as well.

I know every point this so called film makes and I will not be watching this tomorrow because I will not show support towards it in anyway. What the film says is nothing new I already know everything they say. From everything that has been talked in the press about the movie to all the crazies who are posting there junk on the SeaWorld facebook page.
Sad. Well, have fun watching Parks and Recreation, I guess.

919Florida

I'm not saying there is or is not abuse. I'm saying that the whales and dolphins are highly intelligent creatures, and this is proven scientifically. It's nice that Sea World filters their swimming pool water, but these magnificent animals do not deserve to live their lives in a swimming pool for the enjoyment of popcorn chewing tourists. I don't understand why presumably intelligent and empathetic people would not understand this.

I agree that Sea World does a LOT of good, but the dolphin and whale shows are just sad.
Yes, they are highly intelligent creatures and we see that everyday at SeaWorld too. I know compared to the Ocean the space that the orca's are in is small but it is still a good size. The main show pool is 40 feet deep. There are 7 pools and the gates are constantly changing patterns to what is opened and closed so they dont get stuck in a routine and have a course to figure out. Over 7 million gallons of water in the pool.

Still if I was any marine animal I would happily choose to live at SeaWorld over the wild. In the wild I got oil spills, pollution, preadtors, boat strikes, hunters, over fishing and the list goes on and on. If I get sick SeaWorld is going to take care of me and get me better. In the ocean? I die.

This is a topic that is close to many people. You have your anti and your pro people. And you will never change eithers mind. You are set in your beleif and I am set in my beleif. I just wish you could see for yourself like I do backstage of what goes on in the park for real. Until you see it you have to rely on other to tell you. I wish you could see the care and concern that goes on.

BuddyThomas

Yes, they are highly intelligent creatures and we see that everyday at SeaWorld too. I know compared to the Ocean the space that the orca's are in is small but it is still a good size. The main show pool is 40 feet deep. There are 7 pools and the gates are constantly changing patterns to what is opened and closed so they dont get stuck in a routine and have a course to figure out. Over 7 million gallons of water in the pool.

Still if I was any marine animal I would happily choose to live at SeaWorld over the wild. In the wild I got oil spills, pollution, preadtors, boat strikes, hunters, over fishing and the list goes on and on. If I get sick SeaWorld is going to take care of me and get me better. In the ocean? I die.

This is a topic that is close to many people. You have your anti and your pro people. And you will never change eithers mind. You are set in your beleif and I am set in my beleif. I just wish you could see for yourself like I do backstage of what goes on in the park for real. Until you see it you have to rely on other to tell you. I wish you could see the care and concern that goes on.
919, I have no doubt that these animals are cared for with the utmost respect but my point is that they do not want to be there.

Your thing about if you were a whale, you would want to live in Sea World is fantasy.

As people we face threats every day. As a New Yorkwr, I don't know if I will make it home alive each day. I could be killed by a speeding bus, a shooter on a subway, a falling scaffolding or anything else. Still, I prefer my life rather than being locked in a closet 24/7 and being fed and being told that I am protected from the world and thus, privileged.

919Florida

919, I have no doubt that these animals are cared for with the utmost respect but my point is that they do not want to be there.
Please explain to me how you know they don't want to be there. All of them except Katina and Tilikum were born in the park and thus don't know anything about the wild. THe 5 others were born at SeaWorld.

So you mean to tell me if you could be totally provided for and completely taken care of you would still rather subject yourself to all those risks? I am talking about not being in jail for example but being at a place like SeaWorld that pays your medical, food and protects you from all dangers of man out in the wild?

Just today it was on the news about dolphins being killed in peru for shark bait? Hmmm I wonder if those dolphins would have been better off at SeaWorld or in the Ocean?

Like I say I am not here to start fights I just am trying to prove my points like you are trying to prove yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom