Black Pearl to WDW?

JimboJones123

Original Poster
With final pick-ups being done this winter, anybody heard what will become of the "Pearl"?

I know the Frenchman is at Castaway, but would they bring the "Pearl" to WDW?

Would they put it at 7 seas lagoon? Could they finally replace Pocahantas at Fantasmic w/Pirates? Hopefully not a Columbia wannabe around TSI.

I tried to do searches and saw it was in Florida before shooting earlier this summer.

This isn't a true "rumor", just wondering if there were any plans for the ship, and if those included WDW.

metscool

So far as we know the Pearl is gone with it's Capt. Until the third Pirates is here (which is in March of next year) They can't bring it to WDW.

Lee

Adventurer
They're shooting with it in Cali. right now, should be done fairly soon.
I don't really see them shooting much, if anything, after November or so.

I'd like to see it parked out in the lagoon...that'd be cool.
Won't work for Fantasmic or Rivers of America.

JimboJones123

Original Poster

Thanks Lee, Too big?

WDWFanatic

With final pick-ups being done this winter, anybody heard what will become of the "Pearl"?

I know the Frenchman is at Castaway, but would they bring the "Pearl" to WDW?

Would they put it at 7 seas lagoon? Could they finally replace Pocahantas at Fantasmic w/Pirates? Hopefully not a Columbia wannabe around TSI.

I tried to do searches and saw it was in Florida before shooting earlier this summer.

This isn't a true "rumor", just wondering if there were any plans for the ship, and if those included WDW.

Do you mean the flying dutchman?

I would love to have the pearl in the lagoon but i dont see an easy way to get it there. Its a real ship correct? so you cant just take it apart and re assemble it in WDW......or can you???:lookaroun

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

I know there are still principle scenes to shoot on stage through into mid October.

JimboJones123

Original Poster
Do you mean the flying dutchman?

I would love to have the pearl in the lagoon but i dont see an easy way to get it there. Its a real ship correct? so you cant just take it apart and re assemble it in WDW......or can you???:lookaroun

Thanks, I'm dumb. When I ski at Winter Park, 2 of the runs are "Drunken Frenchman" and "Flying Dutchman". I'm so stupid. GEEZ... Remember in Terminator...

Chape19714

Does anybody know how long the Dutchman is supposed to stay at Castaway Cay?

POST 2000!!! Now I'm a REALLY senior member.

CoffeeJedi

That would hard to transport, i imagine it comes apart in sections (hopefully), but it would still take several tractor trailers to move it.

****spoiler****

How can it be in part 3? It got destroyed at the end of DMC.

Chape19714

The pearl was destroyed before one, Davy Jones brought it to the surface. I'd imagine he could do it agian if need be. However, I was told the famous Wicked Wench would be a key ship for the 3rd. Just a rumor.

iheartdisney91

:p well i think it'll be cool to see in the lagoon... sort of creepy too. but i read a rumor that at mgm the narnia thing is going and potc is comeing so idk?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom