Black Pearl to WDW?

NTI2002

With final pick-ups being done this winter, anybody heard what will become of the "Pearl"?

Could they finally replace Pocahantas at Fantasmic w/Pirates?

THAT, would be cool. I didnt' even think of that. But they'd have to re write and re record the entire segment. And the Pocahantas segment is pretty long.

his_girl96

I think they should put it in Bay Lake. "Ground" it on old Discovery Island. The island was originally called Treasure Island. Treasure...Pirate Ships. Get it :animwink:

imagineer boy

CoffeeJedi said:
How can it be in part 3? It got destroyed at the end of DMC.

It wasn't destroyed. It was simply pulled down to the bottom of the ocean by the Kraken. At the beginning of the first movie, we will see Jack Sparrow with the ship in Davy Jones' locker. Davy Jones' locker from what I've read is a kind of a beach, but with the ocean overhead ( almost as if you were in some big underwater air bubble ) and the black pearl is beached. I don't know how, but they will somehow get the pearl back into the ocean. They didn't make it that clear in the script that was leaked onto the internet.

DVC Dave

:p well i think it'll be cool to see in the lagoon... sort of creepy too. but i read a rumor that at mgm the narnia thing is going and potc is comeing so idk?

I think it would be really cool for them to put it in the lagoon but make it so it can be pulled under water....some special effects fog...and the whole ship surfaces!!!

MGM could be fun too!

darthjohnny

Who know's what will come of it. Wouldn't it be awesome though if they put it (or atleast part of it) in the special effects water tank in the pre-show area of the Disney-MGM Studios Backlot Tour! :) :) :)

BadTigger

Beach it on Discovery Island, re-work the island to POTC theme and then re-open the island to people staying in the resorts.

Scar Junior

Personally, I think it would be a great idea to have it located at Castaway Cay. They could add a show or attraction or actor or something, but it's not needed. First, it would go with Walt's idea of consistent change. Second, it would fit the "Pirates of the Caribbean" theme. Third, it is a location for people who truly know Disney and, thus, would appreciate it.

your thoughts?

EDIT -- Sorry, I didn't realize the Dutchman was at Castaway...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom