"Black box" interchangeable dark ride coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios?

ToTBellHop

Also based on some cryptic clues it looks like it might take over the voyage of the little mermaid show (although I hope expands much past that tiny footprint).
Well, it, the gift shop, and One Man’s Dream are the same building, no? And I believe there are large rooms in back that are currently unused, too.

The combination is as big as TSM.

Attachments

• 54CCE3E5-8E5F-4A65-B197-34E2160684FF.jpeg
    54CCE3E5-8E5F-4A65-B197-34E2160684FF.jpeg
    92.4 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:

Phicinfan

I am still bummed about losing one man's dream, we walked through it and watched the movie every visit to WDW we made. My kids and I are HUGE Disney Geeks.
That being said, all it has been lately is movie shows for big releases and Launch bay...

So to see it potentially be replaced to add some kind of ride and capacity, I can live with that.

Oh, and thank GOD they are bringing the drawing academy back(granted to EPCOT :( ) that was a must do for my daughter and I

ToTBellHop

I am still bummed about losing one man's dream, we walked through it and watched the movie every visit to WDW we made. My kids and I are HUGE Disney Geeks.
That being said, all it has been lately is movie shows for big releases and Launch bay...

So to see it potentially be replaced to add some kind of ride and capacity, I can live with that.

Oh, and thank GOD they are bringing the drawing academy back(granted to EPCOT :( ) that was a must do for my daughter and I
Animation Courtyard is arguably the weakest area of the park, so a large-scale redo would be welcome. If they want an updatable ride AND ACTUALLY UPDATE IT, I think that would be cool. I’m worried they’d stop changing it like TSM, GMR, and ToT. The park has a history of rides they could easily update (and should) but don’t.

180º

Tim-ber......
The FJ vehicles aren’t really braced by the ride track, are they? Essentially it’s a platform on wheels traveling on a solid floor, guided by a thin steel rail and powered by busbars.

I am not in any way suggesting that it’s a good idea, because I don’t see the point of a KUKA arm on a trackless vehicle. But I don’t think it would fall over.

QuasiNoFroyo

Animation Courtyard is arguably the weakest area of the park, so a large-scale redo would be welcome. If they want an updatable ride AND ACTUALLY UPDATE IT, I think that would be cool. I’m worried they’d stop changing it like TSM, GMR, and ToT. The park has a history of rides they could easily update (and should) but don’t.
I say they should transform the Animation Courtyard into the once-rumored Monstropolis! And hopefully they'll give us a near-clone of Tokyo's Ride & Go Seek attraction, which is way better than California's version of the Monsters, Inc. ride.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The FJ vehicles aren’t really braced by the ride track, are they? Essentially it’s a platform on wheels traveling on a solid floor, guided by a thin steel rail and powered by busbars.

I am not in any way suggesting that it’s a good idea, because I don’t see the point of a KUKA arm on a trackless vehicle. But I don’t think it would fall over.
The FJ vehicles very much ride on a steel track. Well, the pairs of main guide wheels are each sat in a track “trough” with the busbar arrangement in the centre on a third track.

clemmo

The only thing that worries me about the kuka arm tech is at least in FJ from what I’ve heard it’s very intense and rough on people with any type of motion sickness or even those without. Not that the park doesn’t need intense rides but with TOT, RNR, and some of the Star Wars attractions i feel like this should be more of a tame dark ride since that seems to be what the park has always struggled with

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The only thing that worries me bout the kuka arm tech is at least in FJ from what I’ve heard it’s very intense and rough on people with any type of motion sickness or even those without. Not that the park doesn’t need intense rides but with TOT, RNR, and some of the Star Wars attractions i feel like this should be more of a tame dark ride since that seems to be what the park has always struggled with
This will not have Kuka arms. Before that rumour gains traction.

Purduevian

This will not have Kuka arms. Before that rumour gains traction.
That was my bad, it was just speculation on your "flexible" comment. I was trying to think outside of the trackless vehicle as there will be two new ones opening in 2019/2020 in the same park. I thought it would be interesting and flexible since the ridepath/motion could easily change as the arms could be reprogramed.

Could you Sea more than ONE MAiN attraction being replaced for this ride concept?

RSoxNo1

For nearly a decade, they did exactly that.
They did this with parades under Eisner, I'd love to see them return to this with far more regularity. There's generally a new animated movie at least once a year that is often under represented in the months around it's initial release.

clemmo

Can you please elaborate? Is there truth to the rumor that the Guardians coaster won't have a long run and the coaster will be rethemed with regularity?
I took that as guardians on the west coast not referring to the guardians coaster. If that’s the case that would mean significantly less than a year between ip changes...like what they did with the tower

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom