"Bistro de Paris" to reopen as "Monsieur Paul"?

NoChesterHester

Bistro lacked a unique selling point I think. It was basically haute cuisine in a generic setting. There was nothing wrong with it, but also nothing particularly right with it either. It also doesn't help that it is located in a theme park. I think a quality classic haute cuisine restaurant would work great as the signature dining in, say, the Contemporary or the Yachtclub. But in a theme park, people are both a bit daunted by it feeling upscale, while otherwise not pulled in by any particular selling point either.

It would be a shame if the Bistro would simplify its menu. That's what the Chefs de France is for. Me, I would try for quality French food that isn't classical haute cuisine. Say, turn the place into a Provençal restaurant, serve the fabled Mediterranean menu in a warm regional setting with real character - and not of the Disney fur kind. Light meals based on olive oil, garlic (great for helping to get a spot for Illuminations afterwards!), yummie herbs - perfect for the punishing Florida climate. I'd go!

Quoted for 100% agreement.

MissM

Really don't like the new name :confused:
I don't either. I think it sounds really cheesy. "Paul" doesn't sound like a French name, so it sounds like "Bob" or "Tom" or whatever; just kinda generic. If it were Monsieur Henri or something, that would at least sound French. It's really such a meh name.

(I've never eaten there and I have no emotional connection with the place; I just think the new name is pretty lame.)

Captain Chaos

Eh it is a name change... Maybe Disney is just trying to cash in on the zombie attacks in the news lately... I hear they may sell bath salts to make the whole eating Mister Paul a truly interactive dining experience...

Eh it is a name change... Maybe Disney is just trying to cash in on the zombie attacks in the news lately... I hear they may sell bath salts to make the whole eating Mister Paul a truly interactive dining experience...

When you step into the door you are treated to some bath salts before shown to your table where you choose the name of the person you want to eat...

Bairstow

What do the Miami Zombie attacks have to do with Paul Bucose?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom