Birds

murphy

Original Poster
dOES anyone know if the birds in wdw, like the animal kingdom and other places come from flordia or do they bring them in from somewhere else? I love birds and enjoy their beauty. I do think the Macaws come from flordia.

SirNim

I'd have to believe that if a particular bird was native to Florida, then there would be a good possibility it came from Florida. However, for all other more exotic birds and birds not native to Florida, then they probably come from someplace else... :lol: :D

BwanaBob

Originally posted by SirNim
I'd have to believe that if a particular bird was native to Florida, then there would be a good possibility it came from Florida. However, for all other more exotic birds and birds not native to Florida, then they probably come from someplace else... :lol: :D
:lol: :lol: :lol:

...Disney won't admit it, but you'll see a white WDW Transportation van drive to Tampa once a week to change-out the birds they're renting from Busch Gardens.

The Mom

Premium Member
Macaws aren't native to Florida. However, I did run into a flock of Green Amazon parrots living in a tree in St. Augustine once. ;) I think they were pets that escaped and started breeding. If the winter isn't too bad, they can survive. There are also many "wild" imported birds and animals that are the result of imported pets escaping/being let loose.

The birds that you see wandering around around in the park, in the waterways, etc are native. I've seen more ibisis than in past years, including the begging ones at Pecos Bill's in Frontierland.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom