Birds in Crystal Palace?

pixiedust2007

Original Poster
Hi everyone,

We have not been inside the Crystal Palace since one of my first trips to WDW, about 20 years ago. My mom remembers there being birds in the atrium in the Crystal Palace. :shrug: Is that true? If so, are they still there? Thanks!

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Perhaps they may have had some birds in cages ? Perhaps there was an animatronic bird at one time ? :shrug:

I highly doubt that there were ever any free flying birds in the restaurant. (maybe a free range chicken or two :lol: )

Tramp

I was there last summer and there was a bird or two flying around in the restaurant. These looked like birds that just happened to fly into the restaurant when a door was left open, not intended to be part of the decor.

I've seen birds in Tony's Restaurant almost every time I go there cuz they often leave the doors wide open to Exposition Hall.

Robfasto

There are often birds inside, not be design though. As mentioned they just sort of sneak in and as anyone knows.... trying to get a bird back out can be the tricky part.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
There are often birds inside, not be design though. As mentioned they just sort of sneak in and as anyone knows.... trying to get a bird back out can be the tricky part.

It's probably harder to explain 4-5 Cast Members running around with brooms over their heads than a stray bird !

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Every trip to WDW I eat at the Crystal Palace and every time (for as long as I can remember) there have been some small birds flying around inside. It's completely by accident I am sure, and luckily I've only ever seen them flying above the table area and not the food/buffet area. On that note, I've never seen anyone's food become "tainted" by a fly-by pooh-ing. :lol:

mrerk

Premium Member
We havn't eaten there since they filled the place with Pooh, but I do remember there being lots of small birds flying about.

disney9752

MAYBE it was the small birds, that will fit in the palm of your hand that i remember being on the steps of the main street train station & around the popcorn cart by city hall from the late 70's....

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
MAYBE it was the small birds, that will fit in the palm of your hand that i remember being on the steps of the main street train station & around the popcorn cart by city hall from the late 70's....

Yeah, all the birds I've seen in CP have been the super tiny brown birds that would fit into your hand. I also usually see them eating popcorn all over the place.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom