Biggest Mistakes in WDW

juniorthomas

Original Poster
Chronicles of Narnia
possibly the worst waste of space in all of WDW! It was probably ok when the movie was coming out but come on, it's been almost 4 years!

SGE
I have to agree with previous posts. I never got to experience the Alien Encounter ride but I'm sure it was much better!

DinoLand
DH and I have not ventured into that area of AK since our very first visit! It is way too cheesey for Disney!

DDP
Don't get me wrong, I used to love the dining plan- BEFORE it became the most demanding part of my vacation! It's to the point now that everything has to revolve around when and where you are eating! Not to mention that the constant addirion of free dining makes it difficult to get into any table services and draws way too many people.

DTD
I remember the very first time I went to Downtown Disney! I was in awe! It was amazing to see so many Disney themed stores with all the Disney product! Not anymore! It's just like going to an outdoor mall here at home!

Vinylmation
I just don't get it! Pins, I get. They are small and detailed with your fave characters. Vinylmation is mickeys body painted like another character. Too weird for me but to each their own!

It's so strange that they haven't found a property to replace Narnia, right? It's been so long.

But then again, we still have Sounds Dangerous starring Who? Carey...

juniorthomas

Original Poster
Since Soarin WDW has 2 theaters, maybe offer CA in 1 and FL in the other. I don't know if DL Soarin has 2, but if so, also offer choice there. It would be nice to offer flyover of another state or home state in each location.

Or have guests vote by hitting a button (CA or FL) while passing one at a time just before pre-board. Majority vote wins. Could even expand beyond CA and FL choices (ie. Europe, Asia, Africa, South America, or DLP, DLT, DLHK, etc)

I like this idea. That would at least justify the ridiculously long line (for a little while, anyway.)

On another board, we discussed the cost to create a new video for Soarin. Basically, the new footage was considerably more expensive than it should be.

juniorthomas

Original Poster
This...
Nothing else even comes close.

adventurersclubfront-400x300.jpg

:(:cry::(:cry:

The idiots...:fork:

I prefer "Toonmorrowland."

Toonmorrowland is a win.

CaptainJackNO

The refurbs of Journey into Imagination and Mexico's Gran Fiesta Tour Staring the Three Cabelleros are the two that come to mind first.

I agree, I loved the original concepts of both of these attractions. I love the old Gran Fiesta soundtrack. I downloaded it from Mousebits and listen to it every now and then.

WDWisAMAZING

MK:
Swiss Family Treehouse
Liberty Square Riverboat

Epcot:
Kim Possible World Showcase Adventure
Ellen's Energy Adventure

Hollywood Studios:
Lights Motors Action Extreme Stunt Show
Sounds Dangerous with Drew Carey

Animal Kingdom:
Chester and Hester's Dino Rama
Rafiki's Plant Watch

rodserling27

Biggest mistakes in WDW...hmm.

Disney's Animal Kingdom
Disney's Hollywood Studios
The sad current state of Epcot

:lol:

I kid, I kid.

I would say that a lot of what people have been listing here is pretty on par with what I consider to be "mistakes." I think Toy Story Midway Mania is a huge theming mistake...and one completely WRONG attraction in terms of how its characters act in the ride vs. their behavior and what they expect us to feel and think in the Toy Story films. Here's a great article written by someone who agrees with me.

MissMorrow

Pretty much echoing everyone else here.

Closing the Adventurer's Club
The Hat
LMA
The abandonment of "the future" in Future World
Stitch
DDP
Not Closing Sounds Dangerous
Cloning too much
Changing the People Mover spiel-okay so that's not a big one, but I still hate it

plaz10

Changing the People Mover spiel-okay so that's not a big one, but I still hate it

OMG I forgot about that one. It may be my most hated mistake currently in the parks. I loathe the new narration and will always hold out hope that they bring back the old one. I adore the peoplemover(tta) and the old narration really brought me back on the ride...the new one is trash!

The Disney Kid

OMG I forgot about that one. It may be my most hated mistake currently in the parks. I loathe the new narration and will always hold out hope that they bring back the old one. I adore the peoplemover(tta) and the old narration really brought me back on the ride...the new one is trash!

I agree. The new speil is just an advertisment for MK.

Hey TDO, we're THERE! Ya'll already got us!!!

Crockett

Banned
Biggest mistakes in WDW...hmm.

Disney's Animal Kingdom
Disney's Hollywood Studios
Are you serious?? So you're saying those two parks, as a whole, are "mistakes". Have you even been to DHS or DAK? I'm not saying they're perfect by any means, but to call them mistakes? What would you personally see in their place? You are apparently a ToT fan by the looks of your screen name & avatar, which is a staple attraction for DHS. I don't think some people take the time to actually explore & soak in the parks, but rather look simply at ride counts. Sure, DAK is no MK as far as ride count goes...but it is by far the most beautifully landscaped theme park. It isn't all about the number of scream-you-head-off thrill rides or E-tickets. WALT himself was never about just that alone. So try reconsidering & taking the parks for what they are. Room to grow & improve? Of course. But "mistakes"...not even close.

Tori

Where to start...

Closing of the Adventurers Club
Getting rid of Block Party Bash
Getting rid of Flynn Ryder
Cut backs in entertainment in general
Generic Merchandise
Dumbing down of the food

Florida

Are you serious?? So you're saying those two parks, as a whole, are "mistakes". Have you even been to DHS or DAK? I'm not saying they're perfect by any means, but to call them mistakes? What would you personally see in their place? You are apparently a ToT fan by the looks of your screen name & avatar, which is a staple attraction for DHS. I don't think some people take the time to actually explore & soak in the parks, but rather look simply at ride counts. Sure, DAK is no MK as far as ride count goes...but it is by far the most beautifully landscaped theme park. It isn't all about the number of scream-you-head-off thrill rides or E-tickets. WALT himself was never about just that alone. So try reconsidering & taking the parks for what they are. Room to grow & improve? Of course. But "mistakes"...not even close.

He Said "I kid, I kid." :veryconfu

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom