Rumor Big Thunder Mountain to receive full retrack

MerlinTheGoat

Well, he was an attempt at one. Like the rest of the film, he felt like a Direct-to-DVD version of something from an actual theatrical release.
I wasn’t opining on how successfully he was done, merely pointing out that he was, indeed, a “proper villain”.
Was he actually a villain though? I’m not going to get into Wish here but he has to be the lightest attempt at a villain the studio has ever made.
He felt like a bizarre mishmash of a legitimate villain and a twist villain. Even though the twist came much earlier than others have. I think that's a contributing reason he feels so off. It makes me wonder if there was some sort of internal fight from the writers as to how they should handle his character.

I'm starting to think that Disney either doesn't know how to create a good classic style villain anymore, or they're scared to do so for some reason. They've managed to have a bit better luck in their Marvel content, but that's mostly because they have ample source material to work with (they're also geared towards an older male demographic). And even that hasn't always been particularly consistent in recent years following the last Avengers film.

Not to mention there's an increasing number of princess-based rides recently that have chosen to reduce if not outright exclude the presence of a villain.

Last edited:

dreamfinding

I had 2 sources come to me with this information within a short span of time. It'll take over a year, and will result in a much smoother ride. It'll likely close in either July or early August with an announcement coming soon. Please note I got permission to share all details provided by me in this thread.
This is what started the thread, but no clue if this is still an accurate timeline.

Now that TBA is opening soon, BTMR could afford to be closed for a refurb.

DisDude33

When do we think this is actually closing? I just double checked and it currently listed for Mickeys not so scary. I guess that could be updated at any time.
I would have guessed somewhere in the September/October timeframe with that being a slower time of year and being shortly after D23 so it would be a short period between any announcement they make about what’s happening to the ride and them actually working on it. Disney knows they have a reputation for being too slow with their parks projects and want to do something about it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom