Rumor Big Thunder Mountain to receive full retrack

bmr1591

Pretty sure that concept has been in the works for ages, not just at WDW but at all the international parks too. It would be a home run for Disney if they would just let them do it imo. It'd serve as somewhat of a response to Classic Monsters Land at Epic Universe. But unfortunately, I can't see it matching up with the DEI checklists the company has been pushing on Imagineers as of recently... I imagine that would throw a wrench in a lot of their ideas for it, especially if they want to use characters like Chernabog, Doctor Facilier, or Hades (too dark/offensive/problematic/etc.)

If we can't get Facilier in the PATF ride, then there's no chance we're getting a Bald Mountain coaster.

The only problem with Villains (and I WANT Villains) is what you do with it. Because my idea of a phenomenal Villains land is different than your idea and another person’s idea. There are so many ideas of what it should look like that people will be disappointed if/when they go a different direction.

Well firstly he doesn't really "mean" anything. He used to be a great source for park news but since he's relocated he's fallen down the rabbit hole of click bait titles, rage bait content, and stirring the pot gets his stuff more views and clicks and attention.

What his statement would be implying is that they would be doing the changes in a cheaper (and implying it'd be crappier) way than DL did. However, there is absolutely nothing to even say that they're going to add the effects period let alone do it on the cheap. This rumor pops up every few years and these click bait news sources run with it as if it's a done and dusted fact.

In all fairness to him, if you’re trying to make a business out of YouTube, you have to play the game. Sensationalized titles and stirring the pot are proven to get more engagement, which means more money in his pocket.

Mr. Sullivan

In all fairness to him, if you’re trying to make a business out of YouTube, you have to play the game. Sensationalized titles and stirring the pot are proven to get more engagement, which means more money in his pocket.
Oh completely, I get why he does it. It's just disappointing that he does because he was doing fine without all of that, but when he moved and got closer to the action, that all changed. Which to me speaks a lot to the motives of a lot of the Disney influencer community if being around them all has changed him that much.

DL has some great influencers like Magic Journeys and Fresh Baked who give really great, objective, informative, non-click bait coverage of DLR and I wish WDW had some more like that.

Ice Gator

Sorry if this has been discussed before, but when was the last time BTM got a retrack? For some reason I remember in the early 2010s the ride's track was refurbished to some extent. Unless I'm just confusing it with one of its longer closures for general maintenance/enhancements.

MickeyLuv'r

I was thinking about this as well, but I also got to thinking about this: in the modern world, the way we discuss mythology sort of completely skips over that it was a religious thing for the Greeks. It was, absolutely, but I'm curious if they would look over this because it today doesn't carry a religious connotation as much as it does a fantastical story of heroes and villains and romance connotation.
Neopaganism is actually very much a current religion. It is also called modern paganism. I don't know much about it, so perhaps someone else can share more details, but it is my understanding that the Greek Gods are important part of the religion. (as pertains to remaking Hercules in 2024.)

JoeCamel

Sorry if this has been discussed before, but when was the last time BTM got a retrack? For some reason I remember in the early 2010s the ride's track was refurbished to some extent. Unless I'm just confusing it with one of its longer closures for general maintenance/enhancements.
You remember correctly that a lot of track work was done in 2012?? but it's never had a full retrack. Being out in the weather it may need footing work for the new supports before track can be installed.

Ice Gator

You remember correctly that a lot of track work was done in 2012?? but it's never had a full retrack. Being out in the weather it may need footing work for the new supports before track can be installed.
Yeah that must be what I’m thinking of. It was the queue that got the big makeover and “new story”, not the track.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom