Rumor Big Thunder Mountain to receive full retrack

TheCoasterNerd

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
I'm not saying this is when they announce it, but there is a Q2 FY24 webcast tomorrow morning. They've been known to make announcements in the financial webcasts before...

trainplane3

I'll throw my wish into the universe that maybe they will wait until after party season to close. Close on 1/3!

I'll expect a closing announcement tomorrow or later today since I just said this. 😂
Much like Test Track, if the work is going to take over a year then it doesn't matter when they close it. In this situation, 2 or 3 years and now it truly doesn't matter at all. It's going to mess up someones plans no matter what.

peter11435

I'm not saying this is when they announce it, but there is a Q2 FY24 webcast tomorrow morning. They've been known to make announcements in the financial webcasts before...
I don’t think they will announce this there. However there is a good chance you get a Tiana opening date during the webcast. Once that’s revealed it opens the door to announcing this soon after.

Disgruntled Walt

In the Parks
No
For all those asking about Space Mountain - my source says "it'll literally have to sink into the ground for them to re-track it" and "lmao that ain't happening"
Sorry 🤷‍♀️
The credibility of your source is sinking into the ground if they would say something like this. Space Mountain WILL be retracked. It's just a question of when. With TRON there now, it makes it easier to close it.

peng

That's 100% not happening, announcements like that are usually not on those calls and when announcements do happen, they are usually film related (like the call where disney announced a bunch of sequels and the epic games acquisition). If a parks announcement does happen, it will probably be a tiana opening date and a vague suggestion about the disneyland avatar thing that bob keeps talking about.

Brer Oswald

It doesn’t entirely pass the smell test for me. I was told it will need to close for upwards of a year or 18 months at some point but this feels too soon and too long.
It seems like very limited notice and very close to Tiana (which will likely still be on VQ in July/August).

Kane88

3 years? It didn’t take that long to build it!
I’m wondering if they’re modifying the layout of the maintenance track since the facilities are on the other side of the railroad. A special track and closure of the WDW RR is required to move between the ride and maintenance bay. I’d be curious to see if the railroad gets put under another closure. This could also be to accommodate the necessary changes to build a pathway of the western side of the rivers of America to connect FrontierNewOrleansLandSquareStreetPlace to BBTM. Also to address the post about all these major rides being closed at the same time potentially. WDW parks have a capacity problem (breaking news right 😂). The fact that they’re reducing capacity at two parks (AK and EPCOT) and trading capacity at Magic doesn’t make sense to me. While BTMRR is necessary in order to add space to the park. The Test Track and Dino rethemes will hurt desperately. Add new rides first, then make those changes. This could be handled better.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom