Big Thunder Mountain Railroad closing for major refurbishment August to November 2016

Daveeeeed

Martin mentioned a few pages back that they may not be adding the new Disneyland effects during this refurb (at least the new lift hill effects), postponing it until next year.
He didn't specify whether it would be a big effect or a small one he just said at least 1 even if it's minor.

Goofnut1980

Someone mentioned all the mountains getting refurbed which would be great news for Space Mountain. Why they let it sit and be filthy is beyond me. It's the easiest attraction exterior in all of WDW to paint, it's just white!

I want LED lighting added to the outside, like Cindy's house!

Goofnut1980

I didn't think the mountain looked that bad in May when we were there. It seems in really good shape compared to the last refurb they completed on it. It was really faded before. May, it looked pretty good.

jklakeview

Ride is opening tomorrow. Employees were scheduled to dontest runs tonight. I was told that no major effects were added. It was a painting, maintenance, and general cleanup of the ride. I'd expect it to be open tomorrow
For sure no effects were added that Disneyland has.

jt04

We shall see, I'd expect so. This is going to be a big week for Disney in terms of improvements. From Dinosaur to Big Thunder Mountain to PizzaRizzo to possibly Rivers of Light.

Plus lost in all the events is that the airport expansion was approved and will start in several months. So much is happening in Orlando.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom