Big Thunder evacuation

Californian Elitist

Preach it @raven24 !! As cast members we're not snorting pixie dust 24/7...try working at Pleasure Island and dealing with jerk-drunks EVERY night and having to endure it with a smile on your face.

EXACTLY. No one knows what it's like, unless you are or have been a CM yourself. I had a guest call me a b**** once because I told him to stop cutting people in line. One woman told me she was going to call her lawyer on me an I told her go ahead. I have her my full name.

Most of the time, the guests are great... But others drive you to drink.

Californian Elitist

Anything to make money I guess...
Their is also this one, which I find just as bad.View attachment 30874its like they're branding Mickey as a teenage druggie.

He looks like a Californian hipster.

I hate it when Disney puts social media crap on their shirts. I found a shirt with attitude Minnie on it and it read "Don't make me unfriend you!"

?!?! Who's designing the merchandise? They need to be fired as quickly as possible.

luv

I bought my son me of those hip Disney t-shirts. My thought process was that, being young, he'd like the youthful saying and wear the shirt, even if it had Mickey on it.

"Why would you get this for me?" That's what he said, lol. "Because it's, you know, cool! Get it?" Then I explained it while my brother, then my son and his friend, then finally my father all started laughing.

As it turns out, they are not cool. The friend didn't want it, either.

It went to Goodwill with the tags still on it.

So, that's who is buying those shirts. Misguided, dopey moms (and maybe grandmothers) who don't know what is cool and what isn't. We do love our kids, though. :)

JimboJones123

EXACTLY. No one knows what it's like, unless you are or have been a CM yourself. I had a guest call me a b**** once because I told him to stop cutting people in line. One woman told me she was going to call her lawyer on me an I told her go ahead. I have her my full name.

Most of the time, the guests are great... But others drive you to drink.
Um.... This is no different than any other customer service job ever.

Again, being "that guy", if you don't want to work in customer service, don't work in customer service.

Californian Elitist

Um.... This is no different than any other customer service job ever.

Again, being "that guy", if you don't want to work in customer service, don't work in customer service.

Um... I'm not working in customer service. As a guest, why would you care if deep down inside, the CM is annoyed, especially if the CM is not letting their feelings show? You're there to have a good time, don't worry about how the CMs are feeling.

Another thing. I could easily say don't go to Disney parks, because I can assure you, ALL CMs are annoyed or in a bad mood at some point, thus killing the magic for you.

Last edited:

JimboJones123

Um... I'm not working in customer service. As a guest, why would you care if deep down inside, the CM is annoyed, especially if the CM is not letting their feelings show? You're there to have a good time, don't worry about how the CMs are feeling.

Another thing. I could easily say don't go to Disney parks, because I can assure you, ALL CMs are annoyed or in a bad mood at some point, thus killing the magic for you.
Clearly.

mm52200

Because doing your job is so annoying. It really interupts "hanging out". Ugh.
I believe what the former CM is trying to say is that there were things about the job that annoyed them, just like any other job. Even if you love your job I'm sure there parts that maybe annoy you. However, the key is to not letting that show and still being professional. This CM has said a million times that they never let their true feelings of being annoyed show through. CMs are humans too, and what with the kinds of guests they have to deal with I'm sure they get annoyed. However, most of them are great at not showing it. Like other people have now said too, what did "hanging out" have to do with it?

Californian Elitist

Who mentioned anything about "hanging out?" is the idea of not expressing a thought or emotion that unfamiliar?

I believe what the former CM is trying to say is that there were things about the job that annoyed them, just like any other job. Even if you love your job I'm sure there parts that maybe annoy you. However, the key is to not letting that show and still being professional. This CM has said a million times that they never let their true feelings of being annoyed show through. CMs are humans too, and what with the kinds of guests they have to deal with I'm sure they get annoyed. However, most of them are great at not showing it. Like other people have now said too, what did "hanging out" have to do with it?

My goodness, THANK YOU!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom