Big Thunder evacuation

msteel

Question: Do they stop the ride and have guests walk off or do they wait until it comes back to the unloading dock? BTMR honestly is not a ride I want to get stopped on. :coldfeet:

I got evacuated from BTMRR's a couple of years ago. Our train stopped most of the way up the first lift hill. There was a few minute wait but it didn't seem too bad. I don't remember having any trouble getting out of the cars onto the stairs either.

I actually thought it was a neat thing to have an unusual experience. And of course we were glad to get the fastpass for any ride in the park.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I hate that saying more than any saying that has ever been said in the history of mankind. Even more than "just saying" or " 'nuff said"...... :banghead:

I am unfamiliar with afore mentioned saying. In an attempt to maintain my credibility in my middle years can you please advise what it means. Though it may be an expression yet to traverse the pond, in which case I could promote its use.

Tater tot

I hate to be "that guy" but it is much more annoying for the guests than the CMs every single time.

This is one of the CM attitudes that really kills the magic. It should be the CM's pleasure to ensure the most important key of the 4 keys is addressed seriously.

Instead of being annoyed, enjoy the opportunity to make sure the guest experience is as full as it can be in these kinds of situations.

What's the 4 keys?

COProgressFan

Safety, show, courtesy and efficiency. The keys to great customer service for Disney.

Also note that they are supposed to go in that order. Safety takes priority over show, then courtesy, and lastly efficiency.

However, depending on your view, very often management does not seem to follow their own guidelines, often placing efficiency as a priority, or minimizing the importance of show.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Sorry, but no. I found it annoying then as a CM and I still find it annoying. I found a lot of things annoying as a CM. You can't help it, sometimes. I didn't say I was never serious about evacuating people. I was always professional and I never let it show on my face and through my actions that I was annoyed. I even came up with appropriate spiels for specific attractions when I had to evacuate a ride, for any reason at all, not just for bomb potentials. If that's considered "killing the magic", then I committed the crime multiple times.

Preach it @raven24 !! As cast members we're not snorting pixie dust 24/7...try working at Pleasure Island and dealing with jerk-drunks EVERY night and having to endure it with a smile on your face.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom