Big River Grille & Brewing

hijinx

Original Poster
Curious if there is any news on the future of Big River Grille & Brewing at Boardwalk? I know it's typically not on anyone's top ten dining list, however I was a regular there when I was in town and became friendly with much of the staff. Very concerned that the lack of any news from Disney or their parent company, SPB may be a sign that I may never get to enjoy my beloved Citra Grove IPA after a day in the parks again.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
There was talk of them folding before COVID-19 and my guess would be they are not going to reopen. But as you say, nothing official at this time.

Plowboy

There was talk of them folding before COVID-19 and my guess would be they are not going to reopen. But as you say, nothing official at this time.
I hope that is not the case. BRG is one of our first night go-to's. We come from CA so by the time we make it to our resort after a looong day of traveling we hop a bus (or skyliner) to DHS and stretch the legs on a walk over to the Boardwalk. Now, I don't think anyone will confuse BRG for "fine dining", but they do a decent cobb salad. Add in a couple of beers and it's just the ticket for the first night.

castlecake2.0

Lots of open retail space there now. Any rumors on what may be going in them?
With beaches and cream always being a disaster I wonder if ample hills will reopen as an ice cream parlour. Not sure about big river, disney still has 2 other full service restaurants they can reopen before they worry about this location

correcaminos

With beaches and cream always being a disaster I wonder if ample hills will reopen as an ice cream parlour. Not sure about big river, disney still has 2 other full service restaurants they can reopen before they worry about this location
Would be nice! AH was a favorite and was sad to hear of its bankruptcy in early March. Was sad the new owner chose not to reopen. Though there is the Fountain at the Dolphin too. But if they do bring in ice cream I hope it's better quality than B&C.

NiarrNDisney

Should BRG&BW close I hope the Mouse will consider opening a Tap House in its place that serves local Florida Breweries as well as their own beers featured in the parks that are made by the local purveyors. With a menu featuring Charcuterie boards, tapas, and some entrees usually found at a brewery/restaurant (even something akin to Baseline, Geyser Point and Jock Lindsey's) I think it would be a great concept and fit for the Boardwalk.

hijinx

Original Poster
5B6CC2B1-8A06-4AE2-9F1C-129A6637F09D.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom