Big River Grille and Brewing Works to close at Walt Disney World

aladdin2007

Food Trucks? Seriously? What an embarrassing decision.
I agree, and one problem was they didnt allow anyone to park at the boardwalk to just come in and eat, they turn everyone away so this hurt it greatly. It couldn't survive on resort guests alone anymore... They really need an all day dining option here, this resort has become one of the worse ones as of late, it has horrible options. a overpriced girly cake shop/tearoom is not the answer, it needs breakfast lunch dinner all in one like the original spoodles had, if I'm not mistaken or remember correctly.

UNCgolf

If I'm not mistaken - Polite Pig received a Bib Gourmand from the Michelin Guide as well? I know it's not a star - but it's still quite an honor.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it did. I doubt a BBQ place could ever get a Michelin star; I think that's why Bib Gourmand exists -- they're really for different things.

That said, I don't think Polite Pig would have necessarily received a Bib Gourmand in other places. There's a BBQ place I go to regularly in Atlanta that I think has much better meats and it didn't get a Bib Gourmand here.

Last edited:

AshaNeOmah

I think that does it for Big River completely. Both Chattanooga locations are closed too. Downtown closed a couple months ago and the Hamilton Place location has been gone for a while.

JohnD

I think that does it for Big River completely. Both Chattanooga locations are closed too. Downtown closed a couple months ago and the Hamilton Place location has been gone for a while.
Sounds like the parent company is downsizing. Seems to be happening everywhere. It was just announced that the Macy's in Tallahassee is closing soon.

erstwo

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it did. I doubt a BBQ place could ever get a Michelin star; I think that's why Bib Gourmand exists -- they're really for different things.

That said, I don't think Polite Pig would have necessarily received a Bib Gourmand in other places. There's a BBQ place I go to regularly in Atlanta that I think has much better meats and it didn't get a Bib Gourmand here.
Sorry - didn't mean to indicate Polite Pig could have ever received a star.

I did not realize Atlanta had ever been chosen for Michelin - but I just googled and it seems - like Orlando - they were given a guide last year. Your BBQ place might be on their BG list!
ETA - I lied - I did know Atlanta had been surveyed because I knew Atlas had received a star - I just somehow disassociated that in my mind I guess!

Epcot82Guy

I was very surprised Polite Pig got one, and I have to wonder if it's tied to their parent restaurant (Ravenous Pig in Winter Park - which is much better and more elevated). There is much better BBQ here in Orlando, let alone ATL. And better restaurants not mentioned. Polite Pig is good, and quite good for Disney Springs. If it was WDW bib gourmand, maybe. But, across all of Orlando is tougher to support.

(I was happy to see the ATL recipients list, which were mostly all well-deserving IMHO.)

DisDadWoz

I would like to just have somewhere nice to sit outside and enjoy the Boardwalk with a nice drink and some decent food options. Covered open air area I think would go over big in that spot. I don't think we need another bakery, cookie shop, ice cream place.

UNCgolf

Sorry - didn't mean to indicate Polite Pig could have ever received a star.

I did not realize Atlanta had ever been chosen for Michelin - but I just googled and it seems - like Orlando - they were given a guide last year. Your BBQ place might be on their BG list!
ETA - I lied - I did know Atlanta had been surveyed because I knew Atlas had received a star - I just somehow disassociated that in my mind I guess!

It didn't, although a different BBQ place I also like did!

And in thinking about it more, although the place I was talking about does have better smoked meats than Polite Pig, it doesn't have the variety Polite Pig offers -- that variety is probably a bonus for the Michelin Guide.

UNCgolf

if they close that pizza window, which i hear isn’t that good, they can open a boardwalk style pizzeria, NJ style.

It's actually okay. Certainly not amazing, but it's decent pizza and better than what you can get from Papa John's, Domino's, etc. for a similar price.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Mr Flibble is Very Cross.
if they close that pizza window, which i hear isn’t that good, they can open a boardwalk style pizzeria, NJ style.

The pizza window used to be decent. Then several years ago they went to the chain style pizza that most resort food courts use. Another instance of taking something that was pretty good and making it mediocre so that their margins get better.

UNCgolf

The pizza window used to be decent. Then several years ago they went to the chain style pizza that most resort food courts use. Another instance of taking something that was pretty good and making it mediocre so that their margins get better.

Well that's unfortunate. We liked going over to the Boardwalk, going to JellyRolls, and getting a pizza one night. It was still fine the last time we were there, but that was several years ago.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom