"Big news" coming 1/5/23?

Jrb1979

From the email Disney Destinations sent me two minutes ago...(sorry about the formatting).

Enjoy a Disney Dining Promo Card​
GET UP TO​

$​
750​

on a Disney Dining Promo Card
with a non-discounted 5-night/
4-day Walt Disney Travel Co.
room & ticket package at select
Disney Resort hotels. For arrivals most nights July 1 through July 10, 2023 & August 1 through September 14, 2023.​
Its really not much of a deal at all. $750 doesn't go very far.

Ayla

No, it isn't a deal, but my criticism is with the wording and how confusing they are making it. Is it 4 nights? Is it 5? Disney says both. Is it "up to" $750? Nope, you get the same amount per night, up to 14 nights.

I mean, c'mon.

jinx8402

Ah gotcha. Another way to show their appreciation for their biggest fans.
Disney has room only discounts, and AP only room discounts frequently. This is a package deal, like free dining. AP could never get those either since you wouldn't be getting a hotel+ticket package. Not really hard or a slight against AP/dvc holders.

jinx8402

From the email Disney Destinations sent me two minutes ago...(sorry about the formatting).

GET UP TO​

$​
750​

Disney Resort hotels. For arrivals most nights July 1 through July 10, 2023 & August 1 through September 14, 2023.​
I didn't get that email, but agree that they definitely don't make it clear. I agree 100% with you there.

I will add that they are always like that with their promos though. I remember back with Free dining offers they just say with a 4 night stay, but you could always get it longer. This seems like an extension of that marketing, but more confusing based on the fact that there is a dollar amount that is a bit of a black box to everyone, just assumptions based on the confusing language.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
WDW 1985, 1987, 1992.
DCL 2012, 2013 (+1 day at MK)
DLR 2016
2021 we were planning the cruise, but I thought it was time for WDW back in the rotation. Entire park I have never seen,
Oh, that definitely changes the equation, then. I hope you have a great time! Just be prepared that while a lot will seem familiar, a lot has changed, so take your time and take it all in. I'll be curious to hear/read your thoughts once you're back.

Kinda like not selling annual passes to DVC members who gave Disney 10’s of thousands to buy and thousands each year just for maintenance fees

"Unfavorable guests". ;) 🤔

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member

GET UP TO​

$​
750​

4 nights? 5 nights? Disney's information says...

Confused High Quality GIF

seabreezept813

and you have to book a non discounted resort room for those 4 days. doesn't sound like a good "deal" to me.
Last summer, we stayed at Pop for 8 nights. We spent 2k+ on food. We did several character meals (3) and BOG and QS lunches. A snack a day, an adult beverage here or there. Family of 5, but youngest was only 1.5. So if free dining came back my family could save 1800+. This dining card offer would save us 300. Room discounts are a better deal.

JoeCamel

Does it seem strange they are incentivizing trips during the holidays? Like maybe so many people saw the insane crowds of the last year and are not booking for what are usually busy times?

Jrb1979

Does it seem strange they are incentivizing trips during the holidays? Like maybe so many people saw the insane crowds of the last year and are not booking for what are usually busy times?
I don't think it has anything to do with that. IMO resort stays are down for most of next year. The insane crowds could be part of it. I think the economy is a big part but also the pent up demand has died down

JoeCamel

I don't think it has anything to do with that. IMO resort stays are down for most of next year. The insane crowds could be part of it. I think the economy is a big part but also the pent up demand has died down
So why limit the dates to holiday times?

mikejs78

Premium Member
The big news is Disney is having to release summer discounts because after guests have experienced the parks and changes post Covid, many aren’t coming back or as often and booking trends are down.

Shocker

There have been discounts pretty much for most of 2022 and 2021.

seabreezept813

We probably won’t go back until 2024 but if there were a great offer we’d change our minds.. so far the offerings stink especially the August one!

jinx8402

Any rumblings of the current offers being offered later in the year? Like early December?
The current promo goes for a few more weeks. Looks like historically Room discounts for late summer/early fall come out early April. Discounts for Late fall through December is usually released July/Aug time frame. Of course, past releases does not predict if/when they release them this year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom