Big Meaty Fun Trip Report !

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Hi Gang I am back....Having so much fun...really is alot of work...lol, but would I do it again?...you betcha!

Day 1 Wednesday Night Sept 18th

Left the car at the long term econo parking lot at Midway, took the shuttle to the airport...flew on ATA to Orlando. Went down to the baggage claim...and our fine sponsor YourRide.net was there waiting with a sign with my name on it. Waited at the baggage carousel to get all our stuff. Rabbit from Yourride was Great! He helped us with our very heavy luggage outside, then I grabbed a smoke...while he went to go get the car. 10min later...a huge fully loaded Ford Excursion pulled up...and he put our luggage in the back...what a nice guy! This service rocked! Rabbit is a great guy...and a cool sponsor of this very site...I suggest you guys use YourRide.net...I am very pleased and will use them again in the future!

Arriving at Port Orleans-French Quarter....
There was no line to check in....they gave us our room number...but made a mistake...when we got to the room...it was a no-smoking room....so we went back to the front desk..and they reassigned us to a smoking room in Building 2. I was in room 2315 (third floor) looking over a very nice courtyard...landscaping was flawless...and the huge foutain was lovely. Building 2 was great...everything was soooo close ...to the pool...boat docks... food court...just a great location centraly located. We then headed to the boat docks...and headed for Downtown Disney! We looked around a bit...I spent alot of time in the Art of Disney and Christmas store...my 2 new favorite stores! I was tired...and we had a early PS at the Kona Cafe in the Poly the next Morning...so we headed back.... unpacked..... setup the wakeup call.... Watched the Disney Resort Channels...and went to bed.

Day 2....coming up soon!

DMC-12

Original Poster
Day 2 Thursday Sept 19th

Got the wake up call from Mickey...time to get dressed and head out.

Headed over to the Poly..and the Kona Cafe....got there just in time for my 8am PS. What a pretty resort this really is.
Our Server, Frank, ROCKED! I ordered the Tonga Toast...some coffee and chocolate milk. It came so fast! And the coffee....the best I have had ever....and I drink alot of coffee. The Tonga Toast is damn good... and Frank was great to, he answered every question I threw at him about the chocolate dragon sculpture on the front counter. Since we were served so fast...I made it to the MK and got off the monorail....just as the park was opening.

I walked down main street and headed over to Adventure Land.
Did The Jungle Cruise....walked right on.....(corny one liners but still a classic), headed over to Pirates...walked on... then over to Splash, and BTMRR...both walk on's...and I got to ride in the front of both! Really neat! Then I did Hall of Presidents....theater was half empty...got a seats dead center of the theater. Haunted Mansion was still closed for rehab. So we headed for Fantasy Land...Pan was a 20min wait...so we got fastpasses....and did Its a small world....that was a mistake....lol.....then we rode snow whites scary adventure...about a 5min wait....then went back and used our fastpass for pan. But the CM working the fastpass entrance was being kinda rude... I just brushed it off... and continued to wait... rode it...then went and took some pics of the 20k lagoon and the old tracks.

We Bypassed Mickey's Toontown Fair...and headed into Tomorrow land....more of day 2....and day 3 coming soon :)

Upvote 0

DMC-12

Original Poster
Day 2 Continued

..... I bypassed Toontown Fair.... cause it was really hot and humid...and being around a bunch of screaming kids did not sound like fun at the time ;)

I passed up the Tomorrow Land Speedway as well.... the exhaust from those little things.... mixed with the heat and humidity really bothers me... Headed over to Space Mountain.... walked right on...gotta love that....did the TTA next....

... Then I noticed no line for alien encounter...did that...loved it...but one thing really bothered me..... Some really white trashy lady... was dragging her poor, terrified, had to be no older than 5 year old little girl onto the ride :fork: This upset me seeing this....the mom had her by the hand...and was literally dragging her into the queue. The mom said "Its not scary...Stop CRYING!" The CM at the entrance said...."mam...it really is SCARY" I followed and told the mom the same thing.... she just rolled her eyes at me....and dragged her kid into the queue area. :mad:
Great....now the kid will be scarred for life...poor thing...that mother really really pi$$ed me off... So we did alien encounter...and of course....all the little ones....that went on...came out crying and terrified. Including the poor little girl with the white trash mother...(the reason I say white trash folks is cause you really had to see the way she was dressed and acting in public).

I was hungry ....and it was time for lunch :slurp: .... so we headed over to the Liberty Tree Tavern....sat and ate in the George Washington room...love the red carpet....and the dark wood paneling. ...the pot roast was great....it was just falling apart...and tender as it should be. The burger was great to.
Then we headed over to Buzz Lightyears Space Ranger Spin...did it twice in a row with no wait. Then headed back over to Adventure Land...did Pirates one more time...and called it a day...since the MK was closing at 6pm that night anyway....and we rode everything we wanted to with no wait. Headed back down main street...checked out the shops and headed back to the resort for the night.

...went swimming for a bit... Love the pool...the hottub....well....that is another story...and I will get into that a bit later. Also....I have a ton of pics... over 200 digital... want to see anything...let me know....and If I have it I will post it.

Day 3.... EPCOT.....coming up next!

Upvote 0

DanStat

Cool trip report!

I love the "white trash" reference!

"I like 'em white...and trashy....white.....and trashy.....I use my paycheck...To buy Chia pets and super glue!"

There's a song called "white trash"! It's hilarious!

Glad you had fun! Did you buy anything???

Upvote 0

DMC-12

Original Poster
Originally posted by disneyprep50321
Cool trip report!

I love the "white trash" reference!

"I like 'em white...and trashy....white.....and trashy.....I use my paycheck...To buy Chia pets and super glue!"

There's a song called "white trash"! It's hilarious!

Glad you had fun! Did you buy anything???

I am sorry....lol...I hate using that term....and calling people names...but this woman fit the above name to a tee!

Did I buy anything...:lol: you bet.....
I saw the monorail poster I wanted at the art of Disney...picked that up at the Main Street Gallery on Monday....I have to measure it now....and find a frame...or go get it framed somewhere at a good price.

Got my Monorail black train set at the world of Disney...and got it cheaper there...cause I could use my Disney Club card for my discount...and I got the really cool 100 YoM screen saver Tramp told me about...

I bought those bamboo wind chimes...(the ones you see at the bazaar by the Aladdin ride) at AK... the smaller ones... to hang out side my patio door.... Seen those last year...regretted not getting them...so I got them this trip.

I bought a resort polo shirt and hat....a 1 world...4 parks coffee mug..... (I did not see a whole lot of 1 world 4 parks stuff prep...sorry :( ) a Pooh snow globe from Ye' Olde' Christmas Shoppe in MK for my moms b-day today...and the monorail ornament for me...hee hee....I got alot of stuff....I had a hard time packing Monday and Tuesday....

I will post day 3....when I get some more time later :)

Upvote 0

DanStat

Originally posted by DMC-12

I saw the monorail poster I wanted at the art of Disney...picked that up at the Main Street Gallery on Monday....I have to measure it now....and find a frame...or go get it framed somewhere at a good price.

Got my Monorail black train set at the world of Disney...and got it cheaper there...cause I could use my Disney Club card for my discount...and I got the really cool 100 YoM screen saver Tramp told me about...

I bought those bamboo wind chimes...(the ones you see at the bazaar by the Aladdin ride) at AK... the smaller ones... to hang out side my patio door.... Seen those last year...regretted not getting them...so I got them this trip.

I bought a resort polo shirt and hat....a 1 world...4 parks coffee mug..... (I did not see a whole lot of 1 world 4 parks stuff prep...sorry :( ) a Pooh snow globe from Ye' Olde' Christmas Shoppe in MK for my moms b-day today...and the monorail ornament for me...hee hee....I got alot of stuff....I had a hard time packing Monday and Tuesday....

I will post day 3....when I get some more time later :)

I have that screensaver too! It's pretty cool.....I hate the blue slate they use inbetween images! It's real ugly....

Cool! Sounds great!

The Four Parks stuff is for 2003, so it probabally won't make a great appearance until ofter the 100 Years of Magic merchandise has been liquidated....

Upvote 0

DanStat

Oh, and I hate when people don't listen to me.....especially when I'm right!

That woman should be reported for child abuse! I bet there was about three teeth between the four people in her family! :lol:

Upvote 0

DMC-12

Original Poster
One of my favs....full moon over Germany Pavillion last friday night....I was one of the last people out of the park that night...they stopped the music at 10pm...and I was still in the park;)

Attachments

• moonovergermany.jpg
    moonovergermany.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 395
Upvote 0

DMC-12

Original Poster
another one that I loved and turned out very well...that I like...Spaceship Earth from the Monorail on Monday....during the rain......

Attachments

• se fromthe monorail.jpg
    se fromthe monorail.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 387
Upvote 0

DMC-12

Original Poster
RoE Globe and Spaceship Earth....the bridge goes up....and the barges head out to the World Showcase Lagoon at 3:30ish..its always cool to watch :)

Attachments

• roeglobe and se.jpg
    roeglobe and se.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 356
Upvote 0

DMC-12

Original Poster
Great sunset at Epcot ...last Friday night before Tapestry

Attachments

• great epcotsunset.jpg
    great epcotsunset.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 354
Upvote 0

DMC-12

Original Poster
another Spaceship Earth at Sunset....can you tell I love Epcot....lol:hammer:

Attachments

• epcotsunset2.jpg
    epcotsunset2.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 251
Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom