Big changes coming to FASTPASS in March

Do you agree with the changes to the FASTPASS enforcement policy?

• Yes

Votes: 544 58.5%
  • No

Votes: 233 25.1%
  • I'm going to wait and see how it works

Votes: 153 16.5%

• Total voters

draybook

Ok, first off, you don't NEED fastpass to ride anything, so you don't HAVE to schedule it way out in advance. Ya know, the biggest problem I have with folks who dislike the rumored next gen stuff, is that, YOU DON'T NEED TO PARTAKE OF IT. You can still do stand-by, use the FP as they now have it set up, or schedule ahead of time. In fact, it sounds like the reason they are enforcing the end times is so they can add more ways to tour, not take away.

Secondly, you're complaining about Disney's FP system changes and you're going to head over to Universal?

Apparently the sarcasm in my post was lost on you, sorry. I'm not complaining about the changes. With FP windows being enforced we will simply go to those rides in the allotted times. Me personally, I'd rather get rid of FP's and ADR's and go back to being crazy and actually having spontaneity in a vacation. With bills, work schedules, the kids' schooling and other life issues I have enough of planning in the real world. I'd rather not have to plan every single second of my vacation on top of that.

And I'm lost on the Universal joke. I don't partake in the Express Pass, or whatever it is, and the people showing up using it don't affect my waiting. By that I mean that I don't wonder why they're showing up when they do, I just wait and enjoy my time there.

uklad79

Yeah, that sounds about right.

Followed with, "Pooh happens."

:ROFLOL: Very true and it will be a life lesson that you can't always get your own way if you didn't follow the rules. I am always amazed in the USA how people complain why they don't follow the rules for arriving in time for flights then don't admit personal responsibly for bad planning. :hammer:

Buried20KLeague

:ROFLOL: Very true and it will be a life lesson that you can't always get your own way if you didn't follow the rules. I am always amazed in the USA how people complain why they don't follow the rules for arriving in time for flights then don't admit personal responsibly for bad planning. :hammer:

Yep. I'm pretty sure that's a problem isolated to just us greedy Americans.

:rolleyes:

Careful... Your stereotype is showing! :D

You guys know how all them UK folks talk funny? What's up with that? That ain't how to speak American!!! :hammer:

:D

draybook

Actually, people were getting their own way by using the FP system in the way Disney was allowing it to be used. That now changes. This has nothing to do with flight times.

Also, people who used the FP system, like me, were actually planning very well. Not only did we get to walk around the park at our leisure, but we got to pick what time we wanted to come back to the rides. Disney allowed it and promoted it, that's hardly a scam or "gaming the system". For instance, the IRS says ok, you can file your taxes between Janurary xx and April xx. They don't tell you that you can file them after April without consequence. They tell you that you'll be penalized after April xx, Disney doesn't.

Now the rules have changed and the times will be enforced. People will either adhere to the windows or they won't. I doubt many people that have used the system the old way will make a stink. I for one will be in the camp of obeying the window times. Simple as that.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Me personally, I'd rather get rid of FP's and ADR's and go back to being crazy and actually having spontaneity in a vacation

And how much did you actually vacation in WDW under this system?

I think nostalgia really alters people's memory of these times.

Anyone notice how much bigger queues are then what are actually used 99% of the time? It's not overbuilding.. it's because they used to be needed!

draybook

And how much did you actually vacation in WDW under this system?

I think nostalgia really alters people's memory of these times.

Anyone notice how much bigger queues are then what are actually used 99% of the time? It's not overbuilding.. it's because they used to be needed!

Nostalgia might be possible. However, I have to admit that I've never been to WDW before FP. Actually, I haven't even been to DL since 1992, I think that was before FP as well.

carlosaguiar

Ok, first off, you don't NEED fastpass to ride anything, so you don't HAVE to schedule it way out in advance. Ya know, the biggest problem I have with folks who dislike the rumored next gen stuff, is that, YOU DON'T NEED TO PARTAKE OF IT. You can still do stand-by, use the FP as they now have it set up, or schedule ahead of time. In fact, it sounds like the reason they are enforcing the end times is so they can add more ways to tour, not take away.

Secondly, you're complaining about Disney's FP system changes and you're going to head over to Universal?

I have been praying that Disney adopts the same system as Universal, I always visit both parks when I go to Orlando, and I normally stay at the Royal Pacific Resort and so I have complementary express tickets to most of the rides at Universal.

The day Disney adopts this system I will open a champagne bottle.

ToTBellHop

I have been praying that Disney adopts the same system as Universal, I always visit both parks when I go to Orlando, and I normally stay at the Royal Pacific Resort and so I have complementary express tickets to most of the rides at Universal.

WDW can't. Universal has 3 resorts. WDW has 23 resorts--far too many guests to just let everyone walk on whatever ride they'd like.

flynnibus

Premium Member

Until you realize WDW has about what.. 20,000+ hotel rooms with everyone with those same perks? :)

carlosaguiar

Until you realize WDW has about what.. 20,000+ hotel rooms with everyone with those same perks? :)

Oh really!!!! and I thought it was just a small block of apartments.

The FP system is more than capable of handling those crowds, the thing is, (there are already posts in here saying it), Disney as to find a way of making money with the FP (without creating a big fuss), everybody´s doing it, Disney is going to do it, it´s a question of when not if.

And when they do it, I will open my Champagne bottle.

mickeyminiemom

Completely agree with this. 95% of the time that I use FP I do it within the FP return time, but the other 5% because some of the reasons mentioned above I arrive late.

On those 5% sometimes it’s because of Disney: Parades stopping the regular flow of people, restaurants running late, rides malfunctions, that you lose your fastpass window and sometimes it´s the only opportunity you had to ride the attraction. And when I visit the kingdom I came for afar. I live in Portugal.

For example: how would I explain to my children, that in the morning of the day they are returning home (Just an 18 hour journey), they cannot say farewell to the Magic Kingdom by ridding “The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh” because we arrived 18m later than our fastpass window due to a meal in the Plaza Restaurant taking longer than expected.

See this is the attitude that I just don't get Fast Pass is a benefit not an entitlement and if letting you ride late would screw it up for someone else causing them to miss out why is your need anymore important? How about you just explain to your child that sometimes things don't work out the way we want and to be thankful for the numerous times they did get to ride it.

I totally took advantage of them not enforcing the window but now I will not and if we miss our window then we either get another one or we are tough out of luck. I am really on board for paying for the service so I can use it on my time frame.

tikiman

Sorry I did not read through all 61 pages but when Fast Pass was introduced in Disneyland these were the original rules, they are not changing as much as they are just now enforcing the original rules that they have been ignoring for so long. When we got our first fast pass you not only had to come back between that window of time (plus or minus a few minutes) but while you held that fastpass you could not get another one until that one expired.

the-reason14

Sorry I did not read through all 61 pages but when Fast Pass was introduced in Disneyland these were the original rules, they are not changing as much as they are just now enforcing the original rules that they have been ignoring for so long. When we got our first fast pass you not only had to come back between that window of time (plus or minus a few minutes) but while you held that fastpass you could not get another one until that one expired.

Disneyland seems to do a lot differently. I remember them not allowing you to get fastpasses for a ride that was broke. I didn't understand it at first, but it makes sense seeing as how long the line could be when and if the ride opened back up. When we were there, I wasn't sure if they'd allow fastpasses after the hour window, but they did. Are they changing their policy too? I kinda hope not since I may try to make Disneyland my new "home." Either that or buy a kinect :animwink:

Tom

Beta Return
Disneyland seems to do a lot differently. I remember them not allowing you to get fastpasses for a ride that was broke. I didn't understand it at first, but it makes sense seeing as how long the line could be when and if the ride opened back up. When we were there, I wasn't sure if they'd allow fastpasses after the hour window, but they did. Are they changing their policy too? I kinda hope not since I may try to make Disneyland my new "home." Either that or buy a kinect :animwink:

This is a practice they really should implement again. We've experienced the negative effect of this twice - once with TSMM and once with BTMR.

TSMM was offline from the time the studios opened on our last trip, and EVERYONE was getting FP's. By the time we got back there, the return time was already well into the afternoon. We got them anyway, and since the ride was closed until at least 1 or 2pm, the FP line was as bad as the standby line for the rest of the day....or at least the few times we checked.

BTMR went down mid-day, and a similar thing happened. This was on another trip.

I know they think it's a Guest Service tactic to let you get a FP to make up for not getting on the ride, but it doesn't really help anything when everyone comes back during the same few hours later in the day.

draybook

Trust me, the Disneyland game is not a good way to pretend you're experiencing the rides.

carlosaguiar

See this is the attitude that I just don't get Fast Pass is a benefit not an entitlement and if letting you ride late would screw it up for someone else causing them to miss out why is your need anymore important? How about you just explain to your child that sometimes things don't work out the way we want and to be thankful for the numerous times they did get to ride it.

I totally took advantage of them not enforcing the window but now I will not and if we miss our window then we either get another one or we are tough out of luck. I am really on board for paying for the service so I can use it on my time frame.

From your post I reach the conclusion that either you didn´t read mine properly or you do not understand percentages.

Buried20KLeague

Trust me, the Disneyland game is not a good way to pretend you're experiencing the rides.

It's not good for the rides, but it's GREAT for just wandering around the park and taking it in. Especially after a bad day at work when it's 20 degrees. :D

Although the Haunted Mansion game isn't so bad. It at least uses dialogue from the ride. Not the REAL dialouge, but whatev. :shrug:

mickeyminiemom

From your post I reach the conclusion that either you didn´t read mine properly or you do not understand percentages.

Is this not what you said?
For example: how would I explain to my children, that in the morning of the day they are returning home (Just an 18 hour journey), they cannot say farewell to the Magic Kingdom by ridding “The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh” because we arrived 18m later than our fastpass window due to a meal in the Plaza Restaurant taking longer than expected.

What am I missing it seems pretty cut and dry!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom