News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
For now nothing else will be added besides Moana and Dreamers Point.

Of course, Guardians is ongoing as well.

What's happenin'
Things not happening (for now... maybe...)

The only thing that may be totally scrapped is the Festival building. Right now, Disney's saying that there will be a Festival *area*. We presume grass and booths. There's a rumor that once the parks are back at normal capacity and finances stabilize, they may still make a stab at the proposed 3-tier toadstool building.

Mary Poppins [a story time attraction] is indefinitely delayed.

The Wishing Tree's status is unknown (and I don't think anyone was excited for it).

PLAY! may be delayed (and some have grumbled against it... but Wonders of Life wasn't really being utilized anyway).

The Spaceship Earth uptheming is indefinitely delayed (and few were excited about that).

And... that's it.

Everything else that was mentioned pre-COVID is still coming:
  • Harmonius
  • Cosmic Rewind
  • Ratatouille
  • Creperie
  • Journey of Water
  • New Entrance with New Entrance Fountain
  • Hub "storytelling" fountain
  • Space 220
  • Dreamer's Point
  • Festival "area"
  • New Mouse Gears
  • New Electric Umbrella
  • New Club Cool
  • New Starbucks
  • Wondrous China
  • Bonus Gelato Stand

This is all in addition to what was already done: the three new movies and Regal Eagle.

tparris

New Central Gift Shop should be ready for summer. Very recently, for the first time in a while, I heard the new gift shop may be keeping the MouseGear name, but for the longest time, I had been told we were getting a relatively new name.
Do you have any knowledge on what the exterior of the building might look like (besides the windows and angled support beams they’re installing)? It seems odd to me that they’re putting new infrastructure in, but they still haven’t even repainted the building. Are they just going to repaint it near the end of the project? I was kinda hoping they would strip the roof ledge thing down to the steel and maybe give it an entirely new look.

lazyboy97o

I'm a weirdo that never really cared for the MouseGear name so I was hoping they would name it something else. I am looking forward to the refreshed building though.
There’s a lot of love for the MouseGear name?
Do you have any knowledge on what the exterior of the building might look like (besides the windows and angled support beams they’re installing)? It seems odd to me that they’re putting new infrastructure in, but they still haven’t even repainted the building. Are they just going to repaint it near the end of the project? I was kinda hoping they would strip the roof ledge thing down to the steel and maybe give it an entirely new look.
Painting is done towards the end.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
If you want them to change it, you'd need to provide them with a better pun, like: Merchy Mouse.

I’ve just come up with a brilliant name!!

Centorium

So futuristic and...

Wait... A supposedly-high level source has just informed me that name is NOT “more classic, more timeless, more family, or more Disney”. Thanks to someone named “Rob Shapek” for that information. Rumors are circulating that the final two names were “MouseGear” or “Overpriced Crap You Don’t Need”, and the former won.

jaxonp

Why are they taking so long to demo if Moana is still on the docket. They ripped half the building down rather quickly.

lazyboy97o

Why are they taking so long to demo if Moana is still on the docket. They ripped half the building down rather quickly.
The other half did not come down that quickly. They’re likely recycling a lot of the building materials which would explain why they are more deconstructing the building instead of just pushing it over.

vikescaper

I don’t know if this has been asked but are the “angled” support beams that they are putting in going to remain angled? For the life of me, I can’t figure out what purpose these would serve.

Movielover

I don’t know if this has been asked but are the “angled” support beams that they are putting in going to remain angled? For the life of me, I can’t figure out what purpose these would serve.
I don't claim to be an expert in any way but I think they might be beams used for support...

;)

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Is "festival area" that raised balcony type thing?
  1. Disney announced the 3-tiered raised balcony footstool New Festival Center
  2. WDW demolishes the SW quadrant of Communicore, about to demolish the NW
  3. Covid puts things on hold
  4. Disney announces it's going to put a less ambitious (cheaper) Festival Center building instead. No details on what it may be.
  5. Work restarts on demolishing NW quadrant
  6. Disney announces rather than put a less ambitious (and cheaper) Festival Center, it will put in a "Festival Area," which we presume will be just nice landscaping littered with Festival booths. An insider tells us this is WDW leaving themselves the possibility of going back to the 3-tiered raised balcony footstool Festival Center if they want when the money spigot starts flowing again
  7. NW quadrant demolition continues (it's where Journey of Water will mostly go).

*Q*

I’ve just come up with a brilliant name!!

Centorium

So futuristic and...

Wait... A supposedly-high level source has just informed me that name is NOT “more classic, more timeless, more family, or more Disney”. Thanks to someone named “Rob Shapek” for that information. Rumors are circulating that the final two names were “MouseGear” or “Overpriced Crap You Don’t Need”, and the former won.
It's almost like it's an *Emporium* for EPCOT *Center*

DCBaker

Premium Member
Etp9_nSXEAodWsq.jpg

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom