News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

DisneyDreamerxyz

I wonder when Electric Umbrella is closing? and since it's been announced that it's not coming back in it's current form, I wonder if they have already developed a new quick-service concept/name and haven't announced it yet ?

I also don't get why if Club Cool is going to take space where MouseGear was, what are they doing with the space where MouseGear just moved to temporarily ?

trainplane3

My hope is that the hallway returns as an actual hallway and not just blue circles on the ceiling. Pipe dream, I know, but one can hope.
Well it could be only a small part of the CC building but there's your circles on the ceiling. However, judging by how low they are this seems to be elevated. Possibly a two floor QS?
food.JPG

nicb88

I wonder when Electric Umbrella is closing? and since it's been announced that it's not coming back in it's current form, I wonder if they have already developed a new quick-service concept/name and haven't announced it yet ?

I also don't get why if Club Cool is going to take space where MouseGear was, what are they doing with the space where MouseGear just moved to temporarily ?

I read it will be the replacement for Electric Umbrella, a Starbucks, and continue to be Guest Relations. Does anyone know if this is true?

aladdin2007

I have never heard that music before nor is it recognizable from what I can tell, its certainly not any of the original Epcot music or loops.

Magic Feather

Any news on the Imagination project? Still without a theme?
One reason for Imagination's consistent delay, from what I have been told, is a large struggle on the direction to take the pavilion. Every time the fights slow the progress, another project sneaks into its originally allocated funding or timeframe. If the last round of projects are any indication, it looks like Seas may suffer the same fate.

Kman101

Agreed! I don't want to see any gears unless they are in the Industrial Revolution section of SSE.

And wouldn't MouseGear have worked better in the "Steampunk-ish" Tomorrowland instead of Future World? It never fit in, lol but it reminded me of Tomorrowland '94.

I see the usuals are out on social media whining they didn't theme a TEMPORARY shop better. What they really mean is "where's Dreamfinder's ship" so I can feel better.

MrPromey

It's hideous and ruins the look of the building. No other Future World pavilion is saddled with such an eyesore.

Just bring an umbrella or poncho next time.

I doubt it's in the cards. I remember way, way back when they were in the process of converting World of Motion to Test Track and this area was a sort of semi-quasi temporary outdoor version of the showroom exit inside during the construction, that I thought it was only temporary then while they worked inside.

Of course, with the original issues and extended delays that plagued the development of Test Track, this outdoor area was there for a long time in front of a closed building.

I was surprised when the attraction finally opened that they didn't remove it then. Over 20 years later, it doesn't seem like there is going to be any urgency to remove it now.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom