News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

raymusiccity

I think that was Martin’s point! The article said it was “confirmed to open soon” when it was already open.
Well, that didn't last very long. We tried going through to new walkway today. They had cast members at both ends. They didn't know why, just said it was only opened for New Years?!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Well, that didn't last very long. We tried going through to new walkway today. They had cast members at both ends. They didn't know why, just said it was only opened for New Years?!

That's like the secondary Main Street exits... only used for the largest crowds so as to avoid trampling.

I'm sure it will be back open once they start demo on Innoventions NW and there is no more a walkway through Innoventions West to get to The Land and Seas.

britain

This reminds me of the DCA refurb. "Will the new entrance be first or last? Or just before Carsland? Or in between the pier makeover?"

Kman101

Bitter doesn’t even come close. This decision makes JIYI seem like genius.

Late reply ...

It seems like a lot of unnecessary work (to just rebuild, basically) ... but what do I know? lol

So the beer garden with rooftop fireworks views won out over a better plan? Of course it did. No one should be surprised anymore, sigh.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I wonder if the entire center area will be walled off where you have to walk left or right to get past. That's what it seems like and would make sense if they're replacing the entire back show building area of SSE like in the concept art

DreamfinderGuy

Time is just about up for West, unfortunately.
D4D4C42F-95E6-4249-A355-3A82C935C75B.jpeg

DisneyDreamerxyz

another site said that MouseGear will be smaller when it reopens because they are tearing down a part of the building and using part of the space for the new Club Cool location, don't know how accurate that is. The part of building mentioned being torn down is the room castmembers refer to as "The Bubble" and it faces out to where the fountain was.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
another site said that MouseGear will be smaller when it reopens because they are tearing down a part of the building and using part of the space for the new Club Cool location, don't know how accurate that is. The part of building mentioned being torn down is the room castmembers refer to as "The Bubble" and it faces out to where the fountain was.
That’s correct. It was a mid 80s addition that was going, then staying, then going.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom