News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

aladdin2007

It has, but they adjusted the lighting during the 2008 revision -- which is to say, they cut the Blacklight that illuminated the scene so it would be basically dark aside from the remaining Fiber Optics. A weird and disappointing waste.

This, it was a great little detail scene, as was the chariot animation in ancient Rome, but no we cant have those anymore, :banghead: and like martin said it had the little boat as well. I'll never understand the choices they made in there.

No Name

Well, if they:
  • Used the puppet style of Sinbad
  • Orchestrated IaSW better rather than being overly repetitive and cloying
  • Included more languages in the song
  • Put a huge background projection on the walls behind the dolls with parallax to give the impression we are traversing a land or city and put them on a long loop so that each ride would have you seeing different scenes from each of the countries/continents
  • put an actual themed ceiling, with images of the planets and galaxy so we see that, yes, indeed, it's a small world we're on
  • represented the regions of the world in a more adult manner (e.g., maybe not use the animals of the continent to represent the people)
  • had a knock-your-socks-off finale with super realistic fireworks
  • included nods to each of the country pavilions in the World Showcase
  • made the ride even longer
... them maybe that would draw people to Epcot.

Too bad it will never happen.

I forever forbid you from the halls of imagineering!

Last edited:

Steel City Magic

If Epcot truly has $2 billion coming to it, it would be nice to see what's included in that. If the Gondola system is included in that I can't imagine getting too far on that $2 billion. If we hear any of this proposal at D23 we'll see how many people on these boards approve of the transformation. My best guess:
  • Ratatouille - $200-250 mil
  • Energy replacement - $200-300 mil
  • At least one new World Showcase Pavilion - no idea on cost
  • Mission: SPACE updates - <$50 mil
  • Future World aesthetic updates - no idea on cost
  • UK attraction - <$100 mil
That still seems well short of $2 billion unless it's two World Showcase pavilions w/attractions and/or the Gondola system is included in that price.
And the possible CoCo redo in Mexico...

HMF

This, it was a great little detail scene, as was the chariot animation in ancient Rome, but no we cant have those anymore, :banghead: and like martin said it had the little boat as well. I'll never understand the choices they made in there.
The rumor I have heard is either Bob Zalk or Eric Jacobson thought those effects were cheesy and had them cut. It really feels like they spent all the money nitpicking things in the ascent and then ran out of money by the time they got to the descent.

Bocabear

I'll put you both down for being in charge of Acoustic Tile Ceiling Land.
I think you have a lot of great ideas...THe ride length is fine, but yes more and more and more...a Small World for the 21st centruy...More technical, Projection mapping on the sets to give it more dramatic depth, re-orchestrated score...It could really be amazing! and let the Disneyland Version be the Original but make the EPCOT version be the latest newest and best iteration of the ride...I think as long as it is a better version of the Fantasyland classic, there would be no screaming about moving it....especially if that space were to be used byt something else wonderful... Honestly, and I am a WDW Purist, Small WOrld never really fit the location in Fantasyland... With the original Park Layout it probably shild have been built at the back of Fantasyland on the other side of Pinocchio's Village Haus, where it would have had some space to recreate the beautiful Disneyland Facade and give it the placemaking it deserves... THat is another thing that could be gained by the move (that will never happen)...

Haymarket2008

My biggest question is this: How can Spaceship Earth thematically continue to exist in the next iteration of Future World? (I.e. Guardians being its' neighbor). The existence of SSE and World Showcase as a whole are themes in tandem the park cannot ignore @marni1971

troy.

If Future World is dropped. Is this a move towards "Epcot by the S.E.A."? Where the Society of Explorers and Adventurers expand on their attempts to collect, presents, preserve and protect the memory and mythology of the Land on which we have lived, the vast Seas of the planet, the world of Transportation that connects us, humanities capacity for Imagination, and our mission to extend our reach beyond earth. In addition to Showcase the diversity of cultures and mythos of countries scattered across the globe?

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom