News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

doctornick

For my own personal sanity, let it be Imagination...

As much as I'd want to see Imagination replaced with an actual good ride, if I had a choice I'd rather see something new go into WoL or even a brand new ride in World Showcase over a replacement for something existing.

Miss Heinous

As much as I'd want to see Imagination replaced with an actual good ride, if I had a choice I'd rather see something new go into WoL or even a brand new ride in World Showcase over a replacement for something existing.
Ok honestly... WOL can stay dead for all I care. Imagination has been a hot mess since 1999 it has needed a massive cleansing for 16 years. WOL has been closed for about 9 years, it can wait.

flyerjab

They most likely need something big. UNI, along with a new water park, will possibly be announcing a new park and resort area at some point. Disney just launched a huge barrage at UNI at D23 this year with Star Wars and everything else. No way they let UNI steal their thunder. They will need something else, and a Phase 3 at DHS won't be enough. A Phase 3, coupled with an Epcot announcement however, would be. I know this stuff is way too premature to even think about, but I always put a lot of stock in what @marni1971 says. He said he is hearing interesting things...I believe him.

P_Radden

I know they will never bring back the concept of EPCOT Center, but whatever they do, I hope it can make me feel the same way EPCOT Center did if not better. I want to be floored with exciting and interesting tech and attractions in FW even if part of it is BH6 ip. And 2 new dark rides in WS Germany and Japan. Hell, the buildings are already there!! Is that too much to ask?

How much of a budget is realistically needed for a Epcot FW v3 overhaul?

doctornick

There is a growing realisation where it counts that the park is failing. I'd hope by the time DHS is finished there are firm plans for Epcot v3, if not underway.

You probably cannot say, but do you have any sense if the concern is more about the offerings in Future World -- either the lack of cohesive theme or just because they are weak rides in general -- versus a need for more "stuff" in World Showcase? I guess what I mean is, are they focusing on just FW or do they think WS needs help too.

gmajew

Thank you. Though as you said it's early days yet. Anything can happen between now and whenever. At least there's a realisation something big needs to be done and done properly.

Would it not be a wonderful surprise if they finally just start spending money to fix the mistakes of years of neglect and move this time table up so multiple projects are going on at same time.

Do we have any more indication what the 350 million earmarked for this park is going towards? I still think that fixes a min of three attractions.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
You probably cannot say, but do you have any sense if the concern is more about the offerings in Future World -- either the lack of cohesive theme or just because they are weak rides in general -- versus a need for more "stuff" in World Showcase? I guess what I mean is, are they focusing on just FW or do they think WS needs help too.
I get the impression it'll be FW orientated, though WS won't be left out.

I dare say we will continue to see incremental plussings and improvements to attractions and entertainment that tackle the tip of the iceberg before anything major. I also believe the 350mil isn't the end of it. It's no DCA but it's more than just paint.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I should also add a disclaimer of don't shoot the messenger. This is years away from being completed let alone started. Things can and will change. But it seems to have finally sunk in that the park as a whole has been run into the ground and no amount of massaging figures with festivals will save it in the long run.

disreport

I should also add a disclaimer of don't shoot the messenger. This is years away from being completed let alone started. Things can and will change. But it seems to have finally sunk in that the park as a whole has been run into the ground and no amount of massaging figures with festivals will save it in the long run.

Are we talking an complete FW conceptual change?

ABQ

I get the impression it'll be FW orientated, though WS won't be left out.

I dare say we will continue to see incremental plussings and improvements to attractions and entertainment that tackle the tip of the iceberg before anything major. I also believe the 350mil isn't the end of it. It's no DCA but it's more than just paint.
Not speaking of the long term unknowns, but in the short(er) term, do you think they'll repair, never mind plus, the fountain? That alone would make me smile.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom