News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I hope so, I hope I can return to an amazing EPCOT, an Avatar that knocks my socks off and a Star Wars land that is worth a whole day of being there. I hope so but I don't expect so. They have lost their core audience and only have the first timers left.

See you in five years and we will see what we can see. Probably a $1K AP at that time.

AP's have already hit the 1K mark or or are you talking about the FL Resident AP

matt9112

Who says? Things change, and you might not like it, but that's the way of things. For example, I think the best version of Batman is the fun, light-hearted version best exemplified by the 1966 TV series featuring Adam West. Most people nowadays prefer a darker, more serious take. Who's right and who's wrong? It's irrelevant in the grand scheme of things, because Batman is a comic book character. Same thing applies to EPCOT. If you don't like it, don't go.

Batman is not fun...he is the hero nobody wants but needs duh.

Daveeeeed

An original ride like Test Track would be nice to replace Ellen while keeping the fantastic current soundtrack for The Universe Of Energy. Not a big fan of Inside Out, or Tron, or any other ips getting turned into attractions instead of making a new and wonderful ride like Test Track is. Don't get me wrong though I LOVE Inside Out.

dizda

Even taking the learning aspect out of Nemo, it's still a poor ride. I get off of it and don't think, "That was neat experience!," or, "They whisked me away to another world!," but, instead, think, "What did I just see?" The problem is that, while all of the Nemo characters are there and, I'll grant you, the projections into the tank really are cool, it really feels like they just stuck a bunch of Nemo AA's along a Omni-mover and said, "Done!"

To contrast: Other rides (classic rides) take you to another world. You feel like you're in the Caribbean, in a haunted house with ghosts, in a magical room where the birds all sing. Nemo is: Retread a ride, stick in some AAs - it'll make the kids happy. It doesn't feel like there was any further thought than that.

For the rest of the pavilion, it seems empty. I think I've seen the manatee once or twice and some dolphins just once but there's really nothing else to look at. It feels like an abandoned Sea Lab 2020.
For me, the problem with the Nemo overlay is the lack of any meaningful integration. By that, I mean that the Nemo ride adds nothing to the attraction and has no real connection with the attraction. It is nothing more than an extended, moving queue. If they wanted to, with just a bit more money and imagination, they could find a way to integrate Nemo into the attraction with an educational spiel or just an explanation of what can be found in the aquarium.

The bigger issue with the Seas is that when it opened, it was a cutting edge, state of the art aquarium but has since been lapped by newer facilities. They have the room for expansion and newer exhibits, but, again, some imagination would be required. Disney has the resources to do what no regional aquarium can. They should let Imagineering run wild with updates for the Seas and then allocate part of the $350 million to make the best ideas a reality.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom