News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

osian

The post you are replying to is just stating their opinion. They’re not saying anything personal about the people who like the attraction.

If you love it, that’s great! I also happen to think that it isn’t a very worthy attraction of EPCOT and I’d personally applaud its removal. Especially with what it replaced. But in today’s day and age, it would be filled with IP. So it’s IP-less existence is something I appreciate about it.

But to call someone selfish for expressing a simple opinion is a bit much.
It was only my opinion too. I'm sorry that you couldn't accept my opinion. And I didn't call anyone selfish, I specifically said that I'm not selfish.

I think your opinion on it is more reasonable though, you're thinking more about the integrity of the park, although I personally feel there are even less worthy attractions there that could be looked at first. And indeed while it is there, it is blocking IP, and that we should be grateful for. I think MS is a brilliant demonstration of the experience of travelling into space for the purposes of exploration and maybe even living up there or on other planets (though the ride as it stands is literally about training for that) and as such does work in Epcot. I like the idea of it being part of an expanded space pavilion, Horizons-esque, where it could be the thrill element of a multi-element pavilion, an exposition of how we could live in the future. Space 220 is already another element. I just don't think "(my opinion is that) it should be removed because I get sick on it" is a particularly well-argued point. Especially as we should be looking towards additions, not replacements, and using what is currently abandoned.

Last edited:

Chef idea Mickey`=

Sadly it looks like they are finished with EPCOT for now... Lots of new horror for the MK...And a few new things for DHS...hopefully the new will not come with the cost of losing other things... It always baffles me how they seem to not get their own product....
oh well....
The Epcot Walls for years will now be at Magic Kingdom. It going to be insane.

Cmdr_Crimson

So the good old College err I mean Communicore Hall is closed for the upcoming festival prep. Can’t wait to find out how they’ll put lipstick on a pig

If Communicore Hall was a human
giphy.gif

James Alucobond

I thought someone said that was already fixed? Maybe they should just use classic old fiber optics like they used to have embedded in the pavement....I think they were more durable.....they sure looked better.....
I’m with you on this. Just the shimmer-effect fiber optics would be fine, no show sync necessary. They could even be warm white 100% of the time. Regardless, it needed to be fixed, like, ages ago. Embarrassing that it’s gone on this long.

Mike S

Current state of the central planter ground lighting in case anyone was curious…View attachment 811186
After finally experiencing the full glory of Epcots center spine recently I have to say I would’ve preferred they just left it alone and used the money for Imagination. It’s so freaking sterile and corporate business park looking now.

Bocabear

I’m with you on this. Just the shimmer-effect fiber optics would be fine, no show sync necessary. They could even be warm white 100% of the time. Regardless, it needed to be fixed, like, ages ago. Embarrassing that it’s gone on this long.
Maybe while they are at it they can just close that little circle for long to replace the planter with a small show fountain in the footprint....That would be preferable to the v***a planter for sure...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom