News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Here is a look at Festival Favorites

Festival-Favorites_Full_56355.jpg

Festival-Favorites_Full_56354.jpg

Festival-Favorites_Full_56351.jpg

lazyboy97o

I still contend tearing down the Innoventions/Comminicore building was a financial move, eliminating HVAC/electrical costs there to help offset those expenses in the huge Guardians building.
It wasn’t. It was to make room for the festival center building. That didn’t really die until after demolition started.

It would have been the same thing just higher and with an up-charged fireworks viewing area.
For most people it would not have been higher up because they wouldn’t be able to get inside. Instead most people would get to experience the unconditioned concrete expanse underneath.

V_L_Raptor

A couple games have been set up in the flex space area, but be warned the artificial turf is roasting in the sun:

Because your admission price is absolutely justified for a turf pad grilling in the sun with cornhole and giant Connect Four. (Awful useful in the thunderstorm season, of course. Sheesh.)

I could see it all working if they had *really* plussed what they had around, but this... holy cow. Truly, they could have overhauled the original building, found somewhere else to put the Moana fountains, and saved hundreds of millions on getting what they essentially were going to do in the first place. It's unreal.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Is the counter inside the building going to be used for food service regularly or is that only for special events? i.e. or is this outside window the only regular food service
Inside kiosk windows are for special events only, they are currently closed and blocked off.

The outside window is the only full time guest option.

spresso81

This is simply embarrassing to be in the center of the park. It is sad to see all the money wasted removing a building which could have easily had the same offerings for this.

The Moana and CH additions are a net negative for the park.

WDI could have probably added a D and C level ride to WS (for the same cost as this project) instead of this waste.

As Marni added the only good thing to come out of the Future World changes occurred at the entrance.

Here's a look at the new men's restroom at CommuniCore Hall:

Those long cream-colored tiles and the orange sinks are giving off a real NYC Subway station circa 1970s vibe. The first thing that popped into my mind upon seeing these pics was Roosevelt Island and the old 63rd/Lex station prior to its modern renovation, or the hack job they did at Bowling Green IRT in the late 60s.

tparris

Note there isn't much for phone charging in this area - just 4 sets of outlets (one 2-plug outlet at each inside corner of the building). There are outlets in the floor that are probably for event use, but the one I opened had standing water it it:

View attachment 790609
With how many outlets they have in Connections and outside, I’m actually shocked at the lack of charging ports in here.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom