News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

Chef idea Mickey`=

Here’s a look at the flex space from today, along with a photo of new theming on the video display in CommuniCore Plaza. The kiosk in the back of the flex space is Wine & Wedge.

Flex space looks weird to me, those polls look like communicore hall that it wished to be.. I would of assume there'd be a covering covered roof but no and those polls look so high.. wonder what flex space means and what is the center even for..

Chef idea Mickey`=

It’s cute for a meet and greet area, but I wish Disney would stop trolling us with the dreamfinder references and actually do something about the state of the attraction.

To me, this area feels like it just as easily could have been retrofitted into the old Innoventions building(s) as it’s basically just a big blank room, so not sure it was worth or needed 5 years of construction. Again like most projects of late, just kind of leaves you underwhelmed.
I don't know what would looked better what we have right now or half a cut of the old innoventions building. We just know where Journey of Water that side of Innoventions would go no matter what.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

Construction Walls Down Around EPCOT's CommuniCore Plaza Reveal Lush Landscaping​

CommuniCore-Hall_Full_56227.jpg

Bocabear

I know a hugely anticipated thing at EPCOT is the Flex Space... Everyone was hoping that the newly redone EPCOT would feature several areas of Flex Space... Why bother with theming and attractions? There is Flex Space! and a few rentable "event Spaces"... and THAT is how yoiu become a World Class Theme Park...lol

Epcot82Guy

Sadly, I agree. It looks... fine. But, it feels very corporate event space. Which is exactly what it is. Day guests are secondary to the rental factor.

As with so many things recently, it's not bad by any means. It's just uninspired and a little hollow.

Or, given our modern world, perhaps it's VERY EPCOT Center. As it is a very, very real representation of modern corporate America. #TheFutureIsNow

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I genuinely don’t understand why they did absolutely nothing about this incredibly ugly blank side of the building (photo from the article by @wdwmagic)View attachment 789863
yeah its not great, almost like its being assumed to be the back of the building. But it is very much a 360 degree building as you can walk all around it.

home for a future mural maybe?!?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom